• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8: Grass Starter secondary typing?

What secondary typing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
- this is only a poll.
- remember what we already have from past gneration
- open discussion why this why not that
-dont bully around only arguments allowed
- you have 5 votes
- you can name also the animals you want for the starters

(-dragons is reserved for megas I think, one more mega feraligatr to go)

- could see a Puma cat, gorilla, wolf , bear , giraffe, , rabbit, elephant, anteater,

Last edited:
Something Grass/Rock, perhaps? I don't know what kind of creature it could be based upon, but it could have a moss theme to it.

A stone gorilla completely covered from head to toe in the stuff? I know we already have a primate starter line from Gen IV, but I'm envisioning something tough and bulky rather than strong and fast. I like the contrast it could draw with Infernape, the same way Incineroar seems to have done with Emboar in this generation.

Last edited:
I'd like a Grass/Bug leafcutter ant that pulls a Rowlet and switches types when it evolves into a Grass/Steel ant swordsman.

though about something similar but a mammal, but thats also interesting.
Heatproof wasnt used since gneration 4? yes? this would only have 3 weakness which one is 4x.

Hmm the rhinos horn is like a sword or not? Hmm maybe more sword masters could be.

Grass/Rock
yes Im also interested what they will come up with, could be gorilla, rino ,puma, deer, moose, mountain goat hope only that the stats and moveset fit the motive and make it ingame more useable.

Last edited:
Dark to complete the trio of Greninja and Incineroar.

with so many weakness, really it would need to be fast ???
then better grass/ice for neutral ice damage.

for those who love water and fire dont screw up with grass.

If we ever get a grass type with Druid motives then hope it gets such a ability:
Druid Circle: the user activates on start of every turn one status move of the pokemon in its trainers party. (dont know if its too OP, or should it work every second turn, or maybe only activate those which it also knows from moveset? On the other hand grass was always taking the shorter stick and the first version of this aility really would fit a grass/fairy weak to 4x poison)

Last edited:
I'd love to see
  • grass giraffe as starter. There's tons of ancient giraffes to fit the theory of extinct animal. The secondary types can be rock, electric or fairy.
  • grass elephant, can be grass/psychic but can be of almost any other type really.
  • grass lion, grass/dark, probably.
  • Any grass/ice starter.

If they can make it look different from sawsbuck, a fairy/grass or ice/grass moose would be awesome.

I'd love to see
  • grass giraffe as starter. There's tons of ancient giraffes to fit the theory of extinct animal. The secondary types can be rock, electric or fairy.
  • grass elephant, can be grass/psychic but can be of almost any other type really.
  • grass lion, grass/dark, probably.
  • Any grass/ice starter.

If they can make it look different from sawsbuck, a fairy/grass or ice/grass moose would be awesome.
I thought sawsbuck was a deer?

I thought sawsbuck was a deer?
well, both are of the cervidae family and look really similar. Being of the same type (grass) would require gamefreak to make them look really different. But they can do it, as there's lots of other pokemon lines based on the same species.

Now that they are styling the starters on rpg classes, they can go with the druid/sage motif and make a moose/elk with a beard of leaves or snow. A grass wolf will look cool with this concept as well.

Last edited:
Still think the Gross Starter is a Puma Cat when evolve became part Fairy type

Still think the Gross Starter is a Puma Cat when evolve became part Fairy type

could be steel too. Depending what createors will decide. Wolfs, Bears, Pumas, Deer, Rhino, Girraf, Gorilla all are fantastic grass type material.

Do you ever wonder if it'll get to a point where Game Freak just stop making new Pokemon. I mean, look how many there are.

Do you ever wonder if it'll get to a point where Game Freak just stop making new Pokemon. I mean, look how many there are.

I think there is a lot of things and animals not done yet into pokemon. Also the usage of type combos paired with old and new abilities and moves are having many to do.
I like the strategical aspect bout them.
The games are fun or not? But they realy could think of third instalment early to make better plot and buffs.

In a desert area a Camel with part rock typing could be great taking that we got a fire/ground one alredy. And its been since 4 generations back.
Rhino or Lion based cat could do to, but it depends on stats and more as we know.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom