• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Good team? Not so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine9

Reaction score
Arcanine--Heat Wave, Extreme speed, Crunch, Flare Blitz@Flame Plate

Seadra--Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance@Water Plate

Tangrowth--Sludge Bomb, Power Whip, AncientPower, Giga Drain@Big Root

Magnezone--Flash Cannon, Lock on, Zap Cannon, Thunderbolt@Life Orb

Gallade--Psychic, Close combat, Psycho Cut, Swords Dance@Shell Bell

Hippodon--Crunch, Earthquake, Double Edge, Fissure@Wide Lens

==

Rate the team please. Constructive criticism appreciated.

There is a "Rate My Team" sticky for a reason. I'll expect Shuko to come in and lock this shortly.

In the mean time. I might as well help. Just post it in the appropriate thread next time.
It's an alright team. Good choice of pokemon but not so good with some of the moves and items.

Arcanine--Heat Wave, Extreme speed, Crunch, Flare Blitz@Flame Plate

No plates, never plates. Once you've beaten the Elite 4, you don't need them (Arceus aside).

Anyways, knowing the Ability on this one would really help, nature would be nice too. I'm not sure if you've already assigned EVs or not, so that makes it very hard to work with. But, I'll work with what I've got.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
- Agility
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower

Arcanine is generally a physical sweeper but has a great Sp. Atk stat (350 Atk, 317 Sp. Atk). Using special attacks can surprise your opponents.
Agility better Arcanine's already good Spd. Sunny Day will shorten Solar Beam and power up Flamethrower. Solar Beam can damage each of Arcanine's three weakness with 2x effectiveness, Flamethrower for STAB. Agility and Sunny Day will each take a turn to set up, so Leftover will help that.
It might be better if something else could set up Sunny Day first and then baton PAss/U-Turn to Arcanine.

Seadra--Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance@Water Plate

Evolve to Kingdra and, once again, don't use those plates.

Kingdra @ Petaya Berry (+Sp. Atk in a pinch)
- Agility
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Kingdra has a max 295 speed, so Agility is a must. Kingdra has a shallow movepool (Pretty much exclusively all special attacks and only Normal, Ice, Water and Dragon types), but you'll have to make do with what you have. Dragon Pulse for STAB and to take care of Kingdra's only weakness, Ice Beam will also do the trick. Substitute will prolong Kingra's lifespan. Petaya berry as a last resort. Salac berry could also be an option - a lot of things can outrun Kingdra and that Petaya berry may never even get the chance to help.

I've got to go now. If you copy this into the RMT sticky I can help with the rest tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom