• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help with EVs

pongmaster72

Reaction score
I have recently been training a glaceon WITH POKERUS on golducks for sp. attack EVs. since golduck gives off 2 EVs, with Pokerus I should get 4 Evs per battle, giving myself one stat point per golduck. If I level up on 4 or 5 golducks, though, I have been only getting 2 extra points per level up. Also, I wonder if this is due to training with the exp. share, which is still supposed to give full evs. Also, at level 40 it appears that I have maxed out, because I am only getting the regular three points per level up, not 5 like usual. This is weird because I have definitely not gotten the 63 stat points that you are supposed to get in each category before maxing out. No, my nature is not detrimental, it is nuetral. Also, on the side, what should I train after maxing sp. attack evs? TY for any answer I am desperate.

Stat formula:
floor(floor(((base + (iv / 2 ) + (ev / 8 )) * level / 50 ) + 5 ) * nature)

Note the "level / 50" term, which will affect how fast you gain stats even after you've gained full EVs.

Stat formula:
floor(floor(((base + (iv / 2 ) + (ev / 8 )) * level / 50 ) + 5 ) * nature)

Note the "level / 50" term, which will affect how fast you gain stats even after you've gained full EVs.

In case that formula means little to you (which is the case for a lot of people, don't worry, lol), just understand that stat gains based on EV training aren't seen immediately, especially at lower levels. Your stats have been guaranteed all right, but you won't see them all in place until you level up all the way to 100.

On the bright side, however, even though you don't see them all right away, what you do see still puts you a cut above a Pokemon of the same species and level as yours. ;) Don't sweat it. It'll come eventually.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom