• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ017: Kaiden and Hogator's Secret Big Training!

I'm talking about whether it's wrong for a Trainer in general to only choose to raise one Pokemon. Liko's status as a protagonist is completely irrelevant. Also pointless since she clearly changed her mind at the end.
It was a completely pointless thing to even bring up in the first place considering that people with a single Pokémon have always been the exception and not the rule, typically reserved to minor characters, supporting characters and when there’s so much character bloat that there’d be no feasible way of giving everyone multiple Pokémon. If they really wanted to make a point of how perfectly normal it is to only have 1 Pokémon then they do a pretty terrible job at it considering that even those who gave a signature Pokémon tend to have a team behind them, even Tobias who is known mostly for his Darkrai.

It‘s essentially making a point that nobody in the audience was ever asking about only to make it moot by the end of the episode anyway.

The Nidothing segment feels more like they were creating a excuse for Liko rather than anything that lines up with the series since it’s inception. Hell, not a single character in the main cast only cared for a single Pokémon for the entire series until Koharu and that exception was the most botched.

Koharu wasn't even part of the main cast, so she doesn't even count in that regard either.

It was a completely pointless thing to even bring up in the first place considering that people with a single Pokémon have always been the exception and not the rule, typically reserved to minor characters, supporting characters and when there’s so much character bloat that there’d be no feasible way of giving everyone multiple Pokémon. If they really wanted to make a point of how perfectly normal it is to only have 1 Pokémon then they do a pretty terrible job at it considering that even those who gave a signature Pokémon tend to have a team behind them, even Tobias who is known mostly for his Darkrai.

It‘s essentially making a point that nobody in the audience was ever asking about only to make it moot by the end of the episode anyway.
There are much more minor characters and support characters than protagonists in pokemon. Liko doesnt know who is a character of the day and who is a protagonist. If most people that she knows that have a pokemon only have 1 pokemon, it isnt odd that she thinks 1 pokemon is enough. The episode ends with Liko wanting to catch another pokemon, so she will catch a second pokemon, at least.

Everyone that wants to battle in the pokemon league in most regions should have at least 6 pokemon. However, in Alola, Lillie entered the league with only 1 pokemon . Gladion went to the final of the league with only 3 pokemon. Yes, this was only the first league of alola. But this shows that the lack of a traditional league make the trainers think that to have more pokemon is not really important. Paldea has a league, but in the games, the pokemon league is treated like only one of the paths a trainer can chose to follow. Yes, we, the protagonists, have to follow all 3, but in universe, we are the only one to do that.

Oh God, they brought back Roy singing. I was really hoping that that was gone as I found it to be an annoying feature especially if it was going to be a recurring thing for a main character. So this is life now.
From the moment I saw them singing I knew this was going to be a gag. I just skip those seconds. His characterization has been predictable so I’m not surprised tbh.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom