• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: I am Nobody (Jiri-angst like you wouldn't believe...)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
I Am Nobody

My whole life has been an illusion
Ever since I was a child, I have been consumed by greed...
But I realized something about myself
I realized that I am a fool.
Nothing I have ever done has been beneficial
Even to myself.
But I do not know how to change that
I endangered the world through my own folly
And did not realize until it was too late
Those children, what do they think of me?
Do they hate me?
Fear me?
Or do they pity me?
I do not know which would be appropiate.
What if I should encounter them again?
That boy who almost died retrieving the treasures...
The girl who played the flute to summon the Great Guardian...
The duo of outlaws who were willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good...
The firebrand who accused me outright of being what I truly am...
The artist, whose obsession will not harm him, but bring him fame...
How would they react to me?
Would they know me?
Would they curse my name?
But I am already cursed, aren't I?
Cursed to live this wretched life of mine,
Never to find true happiness,
The one treasure that has eluded me forever...
What would happen if I encountered Lugia?
Would it destroy me?
Would it forgive me?
Would it even know me?
Nobody does.
Nobody knows that I even exist.
If I died today,
Would anyone care?
I doubt they would even mark my grave...
I would be laid into the ground and covered over
And that would be it.
No one would remember me.
But yet...
Maybe I should...
I would never be pained again
Plagued with the memory of what I have done...
That I, in my folly, brought the world to near ruin...
I swore to begin again, but that proved to be a promise I cannot keep
Yes, I will end this lie.
No one will miss me...
I will be forgotten immediately...
So I bid farewell to the world that forever ignored me...

[color=007700]Revelation Lugia is, by far, my favourite moment in Pokémon of all. Jiri-sama's awesome, the apocalypse overtones, the simplicity held in that music of all things summoned the Guardian.... *sighs in awe* It's held so perfectly with this anime.

This is an all-inclusive angst, from what I can tell. Jirirudan observes how he got where he was, who got him there, reflects the hatred for those people back upon himself, then wishes to die. It has a smooth-flowing pattern. Me like.

Not only do you write prose well, but your poetry is great as well. Your thought patterns are ideal for composition. :-D

Atashi wa anata no dorei!! <(____________)>[/color]

Thank you! Actually...I wrote this after suffering a nervous breakdown at a College Bowl tournament...(when your team is dead last and you're only an alternate, and the rest of the team tells you that they couldn't care less about competing...trust me, it happens.)

*sigh* of course, I can clearly say that my bitching at the rest of the team was not, in fact, endangering the world...*g*

No, Jiri, nooooo, no die! You're somebody! If it hadn't been for you, the boy wouldn't have learned he was the Chosen One; the girl wouldn't have realized just how important she is to the Legend; the duo might not have realized that sacrifice is important for the greater good... if it weren't for you that movie wouldn't have been cool! *wails*

Yep, Kurai's right. Flow of poem's from beginning (had it since childhood) to middle (kids' reactions) to climax (what would Lugia do) to denounment (oh, I'm nothing, I can't take it, I'm outta here). And the language is lovely. You need to give poetry another go. (But for heaven's sake, don't have a nervous breakdown to do it this time!)

I'll try. *wink*

the other upside to that trip is that I can officially say I'm the top College Bowl player in the state of Oregon...as I was the team's high scorer and we were the only team from the state--the others were Washington, Idaho, and Alaska...

so...I'm #1?

<sniff> That's really sad...

Jiri/Kenji, you should try that sometime... works so well...

ObsessionShipping?

Aw...
'Tis very sweet, very sad... I like it. Nice tone to it, nice flow, nice emotions conveyed...
Good. :)
The repeating questions add a nice essence, one of perhaps confusion, self-doubt. And elipses are always good.
Again, I likes it much...

Please note: The thread is from 21 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom