• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Identifying "glitch" cards?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8211
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8211

I am interested in buying a JP copy of D/P for its item cloning property. However, as I understand it, first-print copies of the game feature this exploit while later prints corrected it.

My local game shop has an imported Pearl, but they don't remember how long ago they received it. So, to make sure I get a glitchtastic version, I want to try and discern a way of identifying the first print from later prints.

If anyone has a verifiable first-print copy of JP Pearl, can you look on the back of your box or game card? You should find a "NTR-APAJ-JPN" serial somewhere.

For those with a verified fixed-print copy of JP Pearl, do you see the same code, or a modified code?

I remember Super Smash Bros Melee had multiple prints, each featuring slightly modified serials, so I'm hoping the case is the same here.

Thanks!

Or... You can buy a Gameshark.
Seriously... If you're going to cheat, you don't need to find an elaborate
way to do it. Just do it.

I love how, without fail, whenever I ask anyone for assistance online, I only get smug answers as to how I could do something every other possible way except the one I asked for.

If anyone would like to assist me in what I asked for, great. If not, you don't have to respond.

I've never even heard of this glitch.

There's more than one. There's a glitch that allows you to get Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai. There's also a glitch that allows you to duplicate items through double battles by using a ditto and a Pokemon with thief, or some other stealing move. There are probably others, but the fact of the matter is that the glitches present in the first editions no longer exist in Japanese copies of the games, and don't exist in their American counterparts.

I have a Japanese 1st edition import. It's at home though, so you'll have to wait for me to get home and look at its serial #. :p

I love how, without fail, whenever I ask anyone for assistance online, I only get smug answers as to how I could do something every other possible way except the one I asked for.

If anyone would like to assist me in what I asked for, great. If not, you don't have to respond.

Whatever then. It's not my time that's being wasted.

Funny, I have a first-release Diamond and cannot get the cloning glitch to work, though the surfing one does (in fact I got Sheimi just the other day). I wonder if I'm just not doing it right.

If I had Pearl and not Diamond, I'd help you out. Plus I don't know where my box is.

EDIT: Also, ||xwarbirdx||, please stop being so insulting/rude to the other members around here. This isn't the first thread you've done that in. Plus I'm not entirely certain that your sig image is appropriate, though I'll leave that decision to those higher up than I.

EDIT2: With which glitch can Arceus be obtained? I'm not familiar with that one.

- Trip

Last edited:
Same surfing glitch, just different instructions, somewhat.

So... it's the Ditto glitch the OP is looking for. I don't think that's ever been officially acknowledged.

Right, I'm after the Ditto glitch. I picked up the import copy since it was only $35, but I haven't opened it yet. For what it's worth, the code on the back of the box is NTR-APAJ-JPN.

Are you looking for this glitch so you can use it? Or you concerned about it messing your game up? If it's the messing up...you have nothing to worry about. As they can only work if you activate them. If you want to use them...go nuts.

I bought the JP edition purely for the Ditto Double Battle item cloning exploit. As far as I know, that has no negative side effects.

Getting super-boosted traded Pokemon would be nice, too, but I'm not sure how that works. I HEARD that Pokemon traded from other world regions get a bigger experience boost than the standard 1.5x. If that's true, do they have to be traded from two different point in the world, or will just coming from a JP game satisfy the requirement?

I can try and help you out when I get home, I have a Japanese copy of Diamond with the Sheimi/Darkrai glitch on it, for sure. Haven't tried the Ditto glitch.

Oh and just so everyone knows, even with the Dark World (the place where you can get to Sheimi's and Darkrai's event locations, using the Surf glitch at the E4) you can't safely get to Arceus so ALL Arceus' you find are still hacked.

Just so you know =)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom