• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Inappropriate Ads?

Theryguy512

Theryguy512
Reaction score
Though they're are many ads about Pokemon cheats on Bulbapedia, there are also some other ones. Earlier today, I saw an ad for ''finding sexy single women near you''. Now, I know a 10-year-old's mother wouldn't like their child looking at that. If you want to see the picture of it, just say.

Last edited:
I'm replying because you requested my comment, but unfortunately I don't know how to edit the settings on our advertisements...

To filter out ads, I am told that we need at the very least a link to the site being advertised.

I dont think we need to just look at advertisers as the main problem.

Last night, I saw a post that someone used EXCESSIVE profanity, including the f word, and s word. The thing is... The post had been there for weeks.

I am hoping other members failed to notice it, but one thing the lingers in my mind was the fact that he was a bulbagarden donor had anything to do with it. I just think it odd that the language he/she used would go unnoticed for so long...

It wasn't unnoticed. Obscene language is too common around here. I agree with you that it should be controlled, but it's not my decision.

Well, as an update on the situation, I reported it last night and its still there.

That really makes me wonder if it is just coincidense that a bulbagarden donor is given immunity to the rules...

Perhaps you should try cursing Geodude?

:D

I was under the impression that unless the profanity is meant to be an insult to someone it is not ok but it is fine if profanities are used as just normal words in a sentence it is perfectly fine.

I was under the impression that unless the profanity is meant to be an insult to someone it is not ok but it is fine if profanities are used as just normal words in a sentence it is perfectly fine.

Essentialy correct, at least as far as the rules used to be back when I admined.

Swearing at someone is frowned upon, but just plain swearing, unless you really overdo it...

...they're just words, and not even insulting words.

I'm confused now... Was someone swearing in an article on the Wiki or just some random post here on the boards? If it's the latter, why is it being discussed here?

1. Don't upload stuff like that to Archives. Use the attachment feature on vBulletin.
2. That's not what I asked for. I don't want to see the ad, I want the link to the site that is being advertised.

Oh! Super Sorry!!!!!!!!!! Will you forgive me?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom