• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Maybe because I've been off the radar lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Chan

中心へのBaka
Reaction score
But I don't like the weakened shipping as of late in the series. In the beginning, the PokeShipping of Ash/Misty was a continious underlying throughout the series. Sure, it was more apparent in more parts than others, but it was definetly there. When Misty left, that chunk of the show went BOOM, and got completely thrown out the window. When May came around, sure, there was some romantic pepper sprinkled here and there, making the fangirl senses sneeze, but always in little tiny chunks and bits, an episode here and there. Nothing big. Now, with BOTH of the good female protagonists gone, we get this new chick, who rips the romantic tones from the show, and stomp them into little tiny pieces, with rabid fangirls vying to catch one and blow it completely out of proportion until it becomes a fanbase twice as strong as the original, with half the support and a quarter of the evidence. No. Just no. That's why I'm going back to the safe bosom of the first series and curling into a ball there and never, ever leaving. Call it denial or whatever you want, I call it my safe fangirl place.

Thank You.

Actually, Pokeshipping was barely brought up at all during Johto. It had a few episodes here and there, other than that...nothing. I can only think of about three or four Pokeshipping eps in the entire three years of Johto, that's about it.

I'd also wager to say Contestshipping had some pretty blatant scenes throughout Hoenn/Battle Frontier. I'd say it was a bit more romance heavy since it had mutual interest instead of one-sided.

As for Dawn, she JUST appeared. May's lovelife didn't become apparent until at least 35 eps into Hoenn. Give her time.

You indicate that you watch Pokemon only for the romantic tones. If that is indeed the case, you're missing out on a lot.

You indicate that you watch Pokemon only for the romantic tones. If that is indeed the case, you're missing out on a lot.

Actually, when I was six, I only wanted to watch cute little monsters beating eachother up. But re-watching the series lately, I've become increasingly irritated with this problem.

Considering the newer seasons are entirely focused on character interaction, I don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom