• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Encyclopedia in Chinese

swampert260

Reaction score
I made a Pokémon Encyclopedia in Chinese named "PokéWikiChinese(神奇宝贝中文百科)"(http://wiki.52poke.com/). I hope to join Encyclopaediae Pokémonis. But I don't know how to. Could you help me?

First problem: There is no licence for the text content. One of the requirements is Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. You will have to ask everyone who has contributed to confirm that they want to release their work under that licence.

Second problem: There a few different Chinese names for everything. Have you decided on which set is official?

1.I have done the work.
2.I decided that the names used in Chinese Mainland(21st Century Press and Jilin Fine Arts Press) and Taiwan(My-cartoon, Ching-win, PokéPark, etc.) are official(Translated as "神奇宝贝"). And we give clear indication of the names used in Hong Kong(Translated as "宠物小精灵").

You cannot just change the licence like that - every person who has contributed material must also agree, since they own the copyright to their part of the material.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom