• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Yellow solo

Mario123v2

Reaction score
Here I record my Nidoking solo in Yellow. It's just footnotes here, don't expect a novel.

I'm currently at Celadon City. Just pounded Erika with no trouble at all. My Nidoking's at L47, and it has yet to disobey orders once, which is a blessing.

Specifics:

Moves: Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Rock Slide (I've so got those fliers B) )
Stats: 159 HP, 116 Attack, 106 Defense, 106 Speed, 90 Special

Upcoming plans:
~Smash Team Rocket at the Game Corner.
~See above, only at the Pokémon Tower.
~See above, only at the Silph Co.
~Get Earthquake (YES!)
~Destroy Koga with quad-resistance and Earthquake/Rock Slide
~Cream dojo with Eric Clapton for Hitmonlee
~Pray for a lucky break at Sabrina's gym

~Pray for a lucky break at Sabrina's gym

Something tells me, Simon, that no lucky break will ever get you out of that gym alive. Get yourself an Abra and evolve it so you can resist the power!

Something tells me, Simon, that no lucky break will ever get you out of that gym alive. Get yourself an Abra and evolve it so you can resist the power!

That would defeat the purpose of what he's trying to do though.

lol X Speed + X Accuracy + Horn Drill ;>_>

EDIT: Well, so far so good...then again, it's not like a L48 couldn't handle L20s, so sayng that seems redundant. Almost through with the Game Corner. I'd be done sooner if it weren't for those bloody arrows. D:

EDIT2: I'll record the fight with Sabrina on my digital camera and get someone to put it on YouTube. It's just that epic.

Last edited:
Just do Koga and Blaine before Sabrina, by the time you go back to Saffron you'll pulverize Silph Co. and I did that my Nidoking (training a whole team of 5 at the time) was lvl 51 and I used him to kill 3 of Sabrina's pokemon. I don't need to pray for a lucky break, unless I just got lucky.

Again, then it wouldn't be a Nidoking solo. Actually, why get Hitmonlee at all then?
its free lol

I'm not using it...OK, I did to weaken Snorlax because I needed a Strength/Surf slave and Nidoking likes slaughtering things several times its size, but since it's not actually fighting beyond one Double Kick, I don't think that counts.

Update: Smashed Koga and most of Routes 12-18. It's very tedious to clear all of that, but I'm dead scared of Alakazam; her Abra's Flash will make Horn Drill a pain in the ass and Kazam's Psychic is gonna wipe Nidoking's guts all over Kanto after a second hit. I'll probably go with X Speed + Earthquake. If it weren't for that damn Flashing Abra! ARGH! I don't want to see nekked Abra!

@Tatch: You see, this Abra is so ugly that my Pokémon are blinded by its flashing. It's not pretty (no pun intended).

Well, I've managed to get Stadium working, so the option of Doduo Mode for the video is available. Doduo Mode or regular? ((I don't have Dodrio Mode because my R1 team's full of nubs like Gyarados, Pikachu, Dugtrio and Hypno that I'd never in my life drag around in R2 lol))

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom