• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Regarding Trading FireRed->Emerald

CatWalk

Reaction score
Hi. Im new here so dont flame :), and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have a question about trading my pokemon from my Fire Red to my Emerald, but the problem is that I lost my link cable. Yet I have 2 wireless adapter instead, I tried to trade between the two game, but a message comes up and say that the other player is too far away? Then I found this forum ^_^, and I read some of the stuff and I found out that maybe I needed the national dext. (beating the E4) in my Emerald. Okay so thats done, but now in my Emerald game where the wireless cable room was, it transformed into a link cable room...the irony..btw in my Fire Red I completed everything, by that mean I mean that I can trade with Sapphire and Rube ( Sapphire plate and Rube Plate )

Summing up my question,
"Is there any way to trade between Fire Red and Emerald without using a link cable?"

I dont really wanna go spend like 10 bucks for one lol.

Thanks in advance for the reply and helpful comment :)

Try cleaning the adapters.

It's advisable to step away from microwaves, radios, speakers or anything else with a magnet (especially if it's an unshielded one).

You could also try switching which person (game) initiates it.

(you ARE using two game boys right?)

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom