• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Royal Baby

Seems late but Congratulations on the healthy and safe delivery of the baby princess. I hope she will be as beautiful as her mother.

I believe to reflect modern UK's multicultural roots a fusion would have been better, Shaniqua Elizabeth Dina Al-Cambridge.

So you've got some traditional British elements such as Elizabeth and Cambridge, but also you have references to the growing black, islamic and even the jewish community.

I think it's a wasted opportunity that both of Will and Kate's babies have kept solely to stale repeated English names. While I understand wanting to maintain a link, I think a name that truly reflects modern Britain would have been better. Do you really need another royal named Elizabeth or George?

I would like a modern name, not so old fashioned, though I understand the reasons Diana and Elizabeth are her middle name, and Charlotte is a honour to both her grandparents.

I agree with your statement, and hope the next baby reflect more a modern woman/man, and all the contemporary british society.
The princes of Denmark are examples of nice names, imo.

Meh.

They're royalty that doesn't do anything. Hell, "royal" is more like a nice little tradition Britain's got rather than a title of true reverence. It comes across to me as their national gimmick. Of course, there ARE worse things that could be seeping through the tabloids right now, so cute baby photos aren't so bad. And agreed, we don't need more "traditional" royal Brit names. Who can even really remember which Elizabeth, Charles, Henry, or George is which anymore?

I just read some bogus in the daily mail relating to the picture of the two royal siblings and George looking bemused.
They said something about it being the "moment George realised he has to share his mother's love".
Because that's totally how love works.

I just read some bogus in the daily mail relating to the picture of the two royal siblings and George looking bemused.
They said something about it being the "moment George realised he has to share his mother's love".
Because that's totally how love works.

The Daily Mail doesn't count as a news source. They're as legitimate as Fox News in terms of stories.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom