• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Drabble" Challenge

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.

2. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.

3. Write a drabble related to each song that plays. You only have the time frame of the song to finish the drabble; you start when the song starts, and stop when it's over. No lingering afterwards!

4. Do ten of these, then post them.

This is something a friend sent me. It sounds quite interesting, and I decided to give it a go. I'll post my ones soon, but I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?

That was fun. Tell me, is it good or bad that all but one of these are based on zombies?

1. Dry your eyes. It may be the start of the future, but we still have a long way to go. Let your song out. Let's let the twenty-first unfold slowly, like we always wanted. Dry your eyes. It's more than being holy; just do what is best for the world. Never forget the past, but wait for the future. The past has taught us more about living than we ever cared to know, and we have learned more secrets in the last five years than the last fifty. We may not know why, we need to learn, but through the lighting and the thunder, we must continue. Dry your eyes. Let your song out. It's a newborn afternoon.
(Dry Your Eyes, The Band, based on nothing in particular.)

2. Run for your life if you can, little girl. It's the end of the world. Get some friends and RUN. If they catch you alone, the zombies will catch you. That's all I have for this song, there isn't much to write about.
(Run For Your Life, The Beatles, based on Zombies.)

3. Rock out! You're young, you have a lot to do. Wave your banner! Rock out! Viva la revolution! Don't let them keep down the third estate! For France! Viva!
(We Will Rock You, Queen, French Revolution.)

4. Hello? Can anybody hear me? My buddies and I are looking for survivors. Man, we've been alone for so long, we don't even know what to do. Should we keep driving? We're the ones in the tank, the M1-A1. If there are any survivors, just meet us at the M1-A1 cross. Man, it feels like we're going a thousand miles an hour! Lalalalalalalalala HEY! Woo! Hell, this apocalypse isn't half bad! Remember, M1-A1 in the M1-A1. Hello? M1-A1! Yayayayayayayayaya YEAAAAH! Goin' M1-A1, a thousand miles an hour! (M1-A1, Gorillaz, zombies again.)

5. Oh shit, it's playing a thirty second song; write something quickly. Zombies! (New Parade March, Cowboy Mouth, zombies.)

6. Sunday, bloody Sunday. I hate Sundays. The zombies attacked again, last night. It's like they're thinking for themselves. I have a feeling that the battle's just begun. I wish I could just close my eyes, and make them go away. How long? How long has it been? I don't know. Tonight... Tonight, they'll be back.

Broken bottles, bodies strewn across the street. Sunday, bloody Sunday. Yep, the battle's just begun. Many people were lost, but I don't think anyone's going to win. Mothers, children, brothers, children, how long must this go on?

Sunday... Bloody Sunday... Tonight. I had better get to work to prepare for tonight. Let's go. Wipe the tears from your eyes, they're not alive anymore. You're not killing your friends. You're killing mindless animals. Sunday, bloody Sunday.

Remember when Sunday used to be a special day? When people would just relax? At least we're immune. It's like fact has turned into fiction. TV is reality. The battle's just begun to win the victory we should have won.
(Sunday Bloody Sunday, U2, zombies again.)

7. Do I believe in Heaven? I wouldn't care to say. I hope it exists, but I don't know if I'd be going there after all this has happened. I'm just glad I'm able to wake up in the morning, stare at the moon all day. Too much of life's this way. If we leave our way behind us, so far away behind us, I don't know if I would be able to continue. Too much of life's this way. Take heart, my friend. They're gone for the day. The millions of lives that they left behind are smiling down on us. Don't leave them here. They're long away. For all the stars in Heaven, I wouldn't live; I couldn't live this way. If we leave our way behind us, such a long long way behind us... Well, leave for some hopeless way. Such a long, long way. I'm living for today.
(Long Away, Queen, Zombies again.)

8. Just waiting by the mailbox. Passing by the hills. I just need to cut things off for a while... I need someone to forgive me. Such a shattered feeling. I really don't know if I could do it all again. It's all the same. One day, another day, just waiting. It's like being in a locked room. At least the whispers are here. They're the reason I keep getting caught again in the mystery. She's by my side. Wait, she's gone! I love you! I love you so much! Don't go! No! Where is everything? Oh, dear... I seem to be in a train. So many people are here, they look like they're caught, too. We could be caught together. Just rolling in... Caught again...
(To Binge, Gorillaz, zombies from the viewpoint of a zombie.)

9. Oh, man. Here he is. First performance. Let's see how well he does. Cheers! Applause! Woo! He has his guitar, but... The kid's not playing! What's he doing? Is he stagefright? He's been out of sorts since last night. Now he's just caught in the spotlight. He's motioning for a restart. Okay, curtains close, curtains open, now he's just fallen over. The doctor said he's fine, what's he doing? That's one of the worst cases of stagefright I've ever seen. Poor boy. He can sing, why doesn't he?
(Sagefright, The Band, Zombies again.)

10. I've got a word or two for those people. They're just listening to the news, listening to the lies, learning about the good things they can have if they shut out the world. Why don't they think for themselves? The news won't be with them forever. The dead sure aren't walking. It's just an epidemic of drunks. Just think for yourselves! Their minds should be okay, they ought to be thinking for themselves. The future still looks good. Do what you want to do! Go where you're going to! Think for yourselves!
(Beatles, Think for Yourself, zombies!)

Gastly: I think we could make an actual thread, as this forum is for plotting/planning stories
GIROG: That's pretty good :D

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom