• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The PokéFor inheritance

It would have been nice if Meowth346 had at least uploaded all of the artwork and sprites from his "Free Materials" section onto the Archives, and/or not restricted access to them so that someone else could save and upload them. I tried a Google Image Search for "pokefor.greenchu.de" and got a "Forbidden" error message on every image.

Hopefully, he'll at least give them to Filb (who hosts PokéFor) to put on his site.

• Staff
I think Zhen managed to save a good number yesterday, before they were taken off (Though it'll be a week before we find out, since Zhen's in Japan ATM), but I agree, it would have made a lot more sense for Meowth to just let us download the site by FTP so we could both put an archive site up as a memorial, and to give us a decent amount of time to transfer the materials on the site to 'pedia, in our own words.

The stuff that's easiest to transfer like strategies can be saved on our PCs.

The hard stuff is the tabled information. Which is also, unfortuantely - the hardest stuff the transfer to the 'pedia.

Save those trainer sprites into the archives plz <3

Check out the Trainer classes section of the Bulbapedia. I think I managed to get most, but not all of them.

Meowth just put the following on the front of his new personal site:

For anyone that is curious as to what's going on with me, I finally got myself out of a relationship that was troubling for me. It was fun at first, but it couldn't last. As of now, I'm able to relinquish my love and look forward to my own future.

Perhaps this "relationship" he's referring to was with the Bulbapedia? Or even Pokémon altogether?

Too late for that.

A message from Meowth has been put on 'pedia.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Meowth346

I think it might also be an idea to petition Meowth to direct his visitors to Bulbapedia, so that they're not all left in the dark. We'd be pleased to translate whatever he wants to say to them into Japanese as well, seeing as he has a significant fan base over there, the only English site to ever have had one.

I do not think that the Japanese segment is significant, but PokéFor probably was well-known. It was, after all, a rather comprehensive collection of sprites - I think that's what the Japanese segment was looking for.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom