• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trippy Combo

llxwarbirdxll

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone knows about this it, but I found a skill combo.
It happened when my Psyduck was fighting a Mime Jr.
I started off using Water Gun and then used Disable after that.
Unfortunately for me, the Mime Jr. used Encore right after I've used it.
So I had no choice but to use Disable again. After I did, the Mime Jr.
used Copycat and then Disable. Aftwerwards, my Psyducks' Disable
skill was unusable. And then the weirdest thing happened, my
Psyduck used Struggle because it had all of it's skills disabled.

I thought this would be useful to some of you guys because it
prevents the enemy from utilizing actual strategies by forcing it to use Struggle.
So far, I've only found two Pokemon that can use both skills: Kadabra and Alakazam.

You can do the same thing to a Pokémon holding a Choice Band by using Torment on them. You can even Trick the Choice Band at them and do that.

This strategy has been used, in other words, but it's really funny how it happened to you.

Haha! That's hilarious. As Code's said, there's a strategy or two like this, but I personally think that they're unorthodox. But that's still awesome :p

The only problem with that is the setup, though... it seems awfully conditional (and that goes, I think, for most Struggle strategies). I mean, Disable is going to miss 20% of the time, and there's no being sure how long it'll last. Encore lasts 2-6 turns, and the opponent could just switch out if need be.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom