• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UNITE what is the best starter for pokemon unite?

Personally, I started with Charizard, and I think that's actually a good call for most beginning players. Charizard allows you to be up-close and personal or keep your enemies at a distance, depending on your preference. This allows you to choose based on the circumstances as you gain more experience. Not to mention Charizard's Ult is basically a single target nuke, lets you move freely for a period of time, and do some serious damage to opponents while also being a bit harder to hit yourself. It let me jump the ranks really quickly.
After Charizard, I like Venusaur for a beginner. Mostly because Petal Dance spam is broken. Like, unironically, if you have Venusaur kitted out, you have a perpetual Petal Dance which deals AoE damage to enemies while you heal and you can't be slowed. You're a massive tanky wall that is built to deal damage. You're basically playing as a Heavy Tog II. And the opponents really cannot do anything about it except lose.
Despite these both being great for beginners, I am an Alolan Ninetails main because I'm a special kind of degenerate.

aloan ninetales is good, but not for beginners.
Personally, I started with Charizard, and I think that's actually a good call for most beginning players. Charizard allows you to be up-close and personal or keep your enemies at a distance, depending on your preference. This allows you to choose based on the circumstances as you gain more experience. Not to mention Charizard's Ult is basically a single target nuke, lets you move freely for a period of time, and do some serious damage to opponents while also being a bit harder to hit yourself. It let me jump the ranks really quickly.
After Charizard, I like Venusaur for a beginner. Mostly because Petal Dance spam is broken. Like, unironically, if you have Venusaur kitted out, you have a perpetual Petal Dance which deals AoE damage to enemies while you heal and you can't be slowed. You're a massive tanky wall that is built to deal damage. You're basically playing as a Heavy Tog II. And the opponents really cannot do anything about it except lose.
Despite these both being great for beginners, I am an Alolan Ninetails main because I'm a special kind of degenerate.
if your looking for a lot of melee damage, choose talonflame.

Actually, I have chosen Snorlax as my Unite starter. And no he’s so bulky with the Yawn + Heavy Slam duo that I was literally OP at these times. It’s underrated. With Yawn, there goes extreme damage chance. And I don’t know what to say more.

aloan ninetales is good, but not for beginners.
It's fine actually. I picked it up really early on into playing Unite. The pure Ice build is quite beginner friendly. The more meta Fairy Veil build is not. It just depends on which you go with and how you play it. And by the time you unlock it, you already have the basic mechanics down. You just have to get used to actually playing it properly from that point onward.
EDIT: I guess for me, the question is "which is good to learn" vs "which is good to just be great at from the get-go". I think Alolan Ninetails is good for beginners who want to actually learn the game and not just vibe with the (incredibly fun) delete buttons. There's a reason though why I barely gave Alolan Ninetails a passing mention. I just wanted to point out that I'm not praising Charizard or Venusaur because they are my mains despite what the text of my message might imply, but (rather) because I do genuinely think they offer ease of access from the perspective of someone who played them and then moved on from them. I apologize if my intent was unclear.

It's fine actually. I picked it up really early on into playing Unite. The pure Ice build is quite beginner friendly. The more meta Fairy Veil build is not. It just depends on which you go with and how you play it. And by the time you unlock it, you already have the basic mechanics down. You just have to get used to actually playing it properly from that point onward.
EDIT: I guess for me, the question is "which is good to learn" vs "which is good to just be great at from the get-go". I think Alolan Ninetails is good for beginners who want to actually learn the game and not just vibe with the (incredibly fun) delete buttons. There's a reason though why I barely gave Alolan Ninetails a passing mention. I just wanted to point out that I'm not praising Charizard or Venusaur because they are my mains despite what the text of my message might imply, but (rather) because I do genuinely think they offer ease of access from the perspective of someone who played them and then moved on from them. I apologize if my intent was unclear.
yes, true. i got it on my second day though.

I started with Charizard just because I liked it, but as I continued through the game, I realized it was probably the best choice anyway. Charizard has one if, if not the longest basic attack range of all All-Rounders and also has some ranged specials, making it the bridge between melee and range Pokémon. In my opinion, the first step to choosing a main is to decide between melee and ranged, so Charizard is the perfect start.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom