• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1 sentence stories (SAT prep style!)

~Aurora~

Completed R100 in 23 days
Reaction score
Here's how it works:

1. Go to This Website and pick one of the ten word lists.

2. Write a sentence using each of those words or else CLOSELY inspired by it. Preferably the former.

3. Number each entry, just like I'm doing here.

4. Post your list here when you have all 100 or at least an entire group.

5. No combining words-- you must have 100 sentences (or 10, if you're only doing a group).

6. Please post a rating for your sentences, and if it is PG-13 or over please hit enter a few times.

7. Have fun! The more fun you have, the more likely you are to remember these words, and the more likely you are to have an impressive vocabulary, and the more impressive your vocabulary the more money you can make, etc. etc.

Word List: 1:1
Rating: PG

1. Abhor: There were few things Sakaki abhorred more than being awoken from sleep for a false alarm.

2. Bigot: People seemed to have the impression that all members of Team Rocket were bigots and child molesters, but that just wasn't the case.

3. Counterfeit: The guards didn't even suspect the counterfeit passports the couple handed to them, waving them through.

4. Enfranchise: "They made a mistake when the enfranchised women," He muttered under his breath as she flounced out of the room.

5. Hamper: Domino groaned and prayed that this delay would not hamper their mission too much.

6. Kindle: It was only just getting dark when Vulpix finally kindled the wood shavings.

7. Noxious: "Are you teasing me, or did you inhale a bit too much of the noxious fumes from that volcano?"

8. Placid: The only time she ever saw him placid was when he massaged his Persian, and she wished for just a moment she could be his pet, too.

9. Remuneration: "Well, it does stand to reason that Domino would get more remuneration than us, especially considering how she got to the top of Team Rocket."

10. Talisman: He had told her that the hat had belonged to her mother, a famous Team Rocket Elite, so she wore it like a talisman and hoped her mother would protect her through it from beyond the grave.

List 5:1

1. Anecdote: Satoshi smiled as he flipped through the diary containing the anecdote of his youth.

2.Celerity: The boy ran though the crowd with great celerity, searching for his mother.

3.Dexterous: I gasped in amazement as the dexterous boy built the birdhouse.

4:Extraneous: I sighed as I tossed away the extraneous pieces of the ruined puzzle.

5:Incoherent: I gazed at the question, but he answer was incoherent.

6: Maladroit: I sighed as I tripped in a maladroit manner.

7: Pallid: The boy's pallid face showed that he was either extremely worried, or dead.

8: Presumptuous: His arrogant, presumptuous manner of speaking showed Red that this would be an easy win.

9: Scrupulous: If there was one thing his father wasn't, it was scrupulous.

10: Unequivocal: The problem of the intruders had one, unequivocal solution; kill them.

Section: 1.2

11. Abrasive: Domino refused to let herself cry over the abrasive manner in which Sakaki had dismissed her from his office.

12. Bilk: "We'd getter get out of here, fast, before they find out we've bilked them all!"

13. Covert: Yamato covertly slipped her hands out of the ropes that had held her wrist and began to fumble with Kosaburou's.

14. Engender: He raised his hands slowly, making sure not to do anything that might engender the hostage-taker to shoot anyone.

15. Hangar: "Keep running, I think I see the door to the hangar!"

16. Knotty: "Well, this is certainly a knotty problem," Kosaburou quipped, wiggling his hands against the ropes.

17. Nuance: It was the little nuances that were so telling of him, and she was the only one who half-understood him because she picked up on those nuances.

18. Plagiarism: "I know you're guilty of plagiarism... and I'm very proud."

19. Renown: "Your little groupie is becoming quite renowned in the underground," he nodded towards Domino, "so you might want to beef up her security a bit."

20. Tangent: "Sorry, I went off on a tangent. Where was I?"

Section 1:4

1. Abrogate: "They can't just abrogate services like that!"

2. Blasphemy: "Veganism is blasphemy!!!!111!"

3. Credible: Even though she had a credible excuse, he was still skeptical.

4. Enigma: He sighed; women were such an enigma.

5. Harbingers: The cracking sound was the first harbinger of the room's unstable foundation.

6. Labyrinthine: After years of working, the scientists finally solved the labyrinthine equation.

7. Nuzzle: She smiled and nuzzled his jaw playfully.

8. Plaudit: She stared, stunned, for several minutes at the plaudit he had scribbled on her transcript.

9. Reprehensible: No mention was made of the reprehensible scene from the day before.

10. Tardy: She didn't see what the big deal was; she was tardy all the time, and no one had ever thrown a conniption fit over it before.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom