• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Suggestive Line in DP007?

Reaction score
It's the episode "Like it, or Lup it"/"Pochama Tries It's Hardest!!!" where Team Rocket attempts to steal the pile of berries from a group of wild Pokemon.

My memory is kinda foggy but the supposedly-suggestive line I heard is at the point when James had sent out his Carnivine after revealing their disguises to the "twerps" in the dub, only. (as I know, never seen the original version of this episode)

Again I don't remember, but the line James said went something like this:
"Stop biting on me Carnivine, I'm not a piece of fruit!...no matter what anyone says!"

I remember James saying it like it was meant to be funny, and I didn't get the joke. And then thinking about it again, it hit me.

The word fruit, was sometimes used as a term referring to homosexual males a long time ago. It's not used as much anymore.

So basically what he is saying would be that he's not gay, and the "no matter what anyone says" part could be referring to the fandom or people viewing his slightly effeminate personality.

Of course, the usual younger views will not get this.

Now am I looking TOO deep into this? Or is my mind really that corrupted and disturbed? And to keep the topic going, do you think you have heard other suggestive lines in the dub?

No, I'm pretty sure that it was a joke referring to it. :p You're not nuts.

And there are plenty of 'suggestive' lines in it. ^^;

To add to the "fruit" one, I also liked Meowth's "Guess we're stuck wit da fruit we already got" in one episode...the melon one I think?

There was also "It always pays to have protection!" from TR, but that very well could've been a subconscious thing. XD They've got several that could be on the fence or pick up just by grabbing at straws, buuuut...

My personal favorite was Meowth and James laying around and Meowth had his head on James's crotch and said "What's da big rush? I'm gettin' ta like it down here."

There's also James's "You can make it double because what I say is what's bigger is always better!" (And James apparently must wonders why people call him "a fruit".) And his "There's no job like a snow job!" (Which is probably alluding to 'there's no biz like show biz', but as it is...). And in the "Mighty Flaming Moltres" episode (I LOVED that one...it was awesome seeing James wear the pants for once and know he'll never, ever get them back; it had been killer while it lasted), Jessie answers "I think that costume came right out of his closet..." when Meowth asked where he got the get-up.

Jeez, I think there's only been one Twerp semi-suggestive thing, Ash accidentally calling the Pikachu-stalking Magnemite a streaker instead of a stalker. o_o Surely Brock's had something?

Surely Brock's had something?

Brock, to Suzie: I wanna breed like you!
Brock, about Officer Jenny: She can violate my rights any time...

Those are just off the top of my head.

^ The "violate my rights" line was about Giselle.

Brock also had "let's lie down and see if we make a match!" to Domino.

Hmm, so James denies being a fruit. Eeeeenteresting.

^ The "violate my rights" line was about Giselle.

Hmm, so James denies being a fruit. Eeeeenteresting.

*facedesk* Shoot! How could I forget the 'violate my rights' line? I saw that episode just recently again, too. XD;

In the Brawly episode, Brock also tells the surfer girls to ride the waves of love with him.

Suggestive lines have always been in the show, this is nothing new.

Jame sis in denile. He's SO a fruity patootie XD I love him (Jimmy boy's number one fan :3)

Max in movie 8: Brock, not even a suit of armor is enough protection from you.
-not really dodgy, but I found it funny...

oh and in the clamperl/spoink ep, my favorite lines evah!

James: Oh if only I could bounce like that!
Ash: Then what?
James: Then I'd be a bouncer.

That just made me laugh. I could so imagine Jimmy as a bouncer *cough* inagaybar*cough*

My personal favorite was Meowth and James laying around and Meowth had his head on James's crotch and said "What's da big rush? I'm gettin' ta like it down here."

Why can't I remember that line? What episode was that from?

James: Oh if only I could bounce like that!
Ash: Then what?
James: Then I'd be a bouncer.

That just made me laugh. I could so imagine Jimmy as a bouncer *cough* inagaybar*cough*

I love you. XD

Uh, jeez...I have the image in my head but not the episode title. Gimme a bit. I SHALL GO ON A DARING SEARCH!

IIRC, the whole quote was:

Brock: "Oh, Domino! What a beautiful name! So black and white, yet so playful! Please, let's go find a quiet spot where we can line up and see if we're a match!"

I also think that scene in the Bidoof/Steelix conflict episode with James & and Jessie giggling into one of the Bidoof's home crawling.

And then out of nowhere Meowth yells "Hey! I wanna piece of that!"

Which just completely adds to that questionable scene.

From DP024

*Brock is dragged away by Croagunk*

Ash: I wonder where Croagunk takes him?

actually, at some point in the Japanese version (I forget when... might've been episode 24, as you say the line occurred in the dub), Satoshi questions the same thing.

And don't forget Brock's infamous "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do..." line in DP ep 2.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom