• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ace Attorney Discussion Thread

guzmania

You don't need a reason to help someone.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
i should have made this way sooner lol...
soooo i know ace attorney is a fairly popular series here (and one i thoroughly enjoy obv) so here it is! the official (?) ace attorney thread :>
the title says discussion lol but feel free to share anything gyakuten saiban-related here: your opinions, fan theories, headcanons, just whatever!
(for those who wish to avoid spoilers: they can be discussed here and spoiler tags are not a requirement as these games are a bit older, so please tread lightly!)

Oh dang, was planning on making this eventually. About time honestly.

Anywho, uhhhh... I played the first trilogy earlier this year and really enjoyed it. The actual gameplay can be a little hail mary at times, but it's quite fun and I love the lore, characters, and universe all that. Edgeworth my beloved

Definitely looking forward to playing more of it. Definitely picking up the 4 - 6 collection once that comes out.

Last edited:
I love Ace Attorney!! (if Susato didn't already give it away lol)

I'm a fairly new fan; I played the Phoenix Wright trilogy for the first time like two and a half years ago but I fell in love instantly - especially with Trials and Tribulations (god Bridge to the Turnabout is just an insanely good case). I played The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles a few months after finishing the trilogy and I think it permanently altered my brain chemistry. The story, the characters, the music!! While I think the second game is overall much better than the first they both make up an outstanding duology and I honestly feel like this is one of those games that EVERYONE should play even if they've never played the rest of the series or never plan to. It really is THAT damn good, and it doesn't require any knowledge of the other games to begin with. But people should still play the Phoenix Wright trilogy too hehe

I'm not super into 4 - 6 so I don't have much to say about them lol but they're still a fun time. Athena deserved better though

• Staff
my aa journey properly began in the middle of october last year!! a good friend of mine was (and still is) a huge fan of tgaa and told me to try it, and i like VNs and murder mysteries, so i decided to buy the phoenix wright trilogy on the switch as it was on sale for half off lol.. i got hooked IMMEDIATELY and finished it around a month later. i was an emotional wreck when it wrapped up, partially because, well, the ending was really emotional! but also because i really didn't want it to end, ehaha... early december i caved in and bought the aj trilogy for the 3ds, and while i admit i'm an original trilogy guy at heart, i still really loved it. apollo and athena and trucy are great and simon is my favorite character in the series. gosh, i just remember the rush to try and get it finished... i was desperate to finish soj before christmas because i knew i was getting the tgaa duology and wanted to beat the main series before starting that and no way was i not starting tgaa as soon as i could lol. so i remember when i finally reached the grand conclusion; roughly 1:30 pm on christmas eve. <3
tgaa!! that took me way too long lol... i got spoiled on kazuma and the professor which might have demotivated me to finish it a bit but it was so good, the second game especially!

hm in terms of my favorite characters... i did say blackquill is my top pick (everything from his design to personality to backstory is just... chef's kiss), but godot and susato are my next two. phoenix, edgeworth, gumshoe, maya, kazuma, and trucy are all really high up too though!

tt is my favorite game personally.. i seriously love them all though

The Ace Attorney anime has one of my favourite filler eps out there because it’s just generally good filler episode 11 of season 1 in the anime is a flashback filler episode to the Classroom trial phoenix had to go through as a child and it even gives the story on phoenix edgeworth and larry all became friends. Generally the childhood filler episodes are always fun to watch in general though so

Got into it when it was popular in the mid 2000s; I somehow found a used copy of the first game at an EB Games when I was visiting family. I think I found the second at a swap meet? And got the third new and from there on out. Played them all except Great 2 (have it but haven't played the official one), including Layton vs Wright, and also AAI2 which is probably my favorite. There's not a single case I dislike from that one. End of case 3 is probably the only moment I teared up in the series.

Might do a full series (re)play once the AJ collection is out.

honestly really loved the few clips and the mild backseat gaming time I had with the Ace Attorney x Layton game and TGAA early 2022 and 2023 (I don't have anywhere to play it unfortunately). I'd definitely play all the games if I had the chance, though.

• Staff
honestly really loved the few clips and the mild backseat gaming time I had with the Ace Attorney x Layton game and TGAA early 2022 and 2023 (I don't have anywhere to play it unfortunately). I'd definitely play all the games if I had the chance, though.
what consoles do you have? the original trilogy is available for many systems (ds, 3ds (though i think only digitally and the eshop closed), switch, playstation, and i think steam and xbox), and the modern trilogy is coming to all modern systems iirc in late january
(i think physical copies of dd and soj are available for the 3ds as well, the apollo justice game should have physical ones as well for the ds but those are probably harder to find for cheaper)
if you do ever get the chance i recommend them, they are very good :bulbaLove: (my friend irl does not have any gaming systems but he's watching let's plays of them actually and really enjoying them so far!)

what consoles do you have? the original trilogy is available for many systems (ds, 3ds (though i think only digitally and the eshop closed), switch, playstation, and i think steam and xbox), and the modern trilogy is coming to all modern systems iirc in late january
(i think physical copies of dd and soj are available for the 3ds as well, the apollo justice game should have physical ones as well for the ds but those are probably harder to find for cheaper)
if you do ever get the chance i recommend them, they are very good :bulbaLove: (my friend irl does not have any gaming systems but he's watching let's plays of them actually and really enjoying them so far!)
The only thing i have to play with is my iPhone, which certainly isn't suitable considering it's on the verge of breaking down, but my friends do have a ds and xbox/playstation, so perhaps i might borrow theirs for a day :D

thanks for your reco :D!! I agree, the gameplays are actually really enjoyable, especially with all the shenanigans!!

The phone version of the trilogy stinks you have to pay for each game separately (and each case too i think) all you get access to is tutorial and the first case of AA. Definitely just get it on steam

Big Ace Attorney fan right here and got myself back into it after rediscovering it during lockdown. It's hard to choose favourites and I haven't played the originals for a while, but I definitely love the third and fifth games and recently started playing Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. I'm also a Detective Gumshoe cosplayer.

Last edited:
I’ve never played this but I googled the game and wow so many people use the character as pfps here… I saw Jamie and beryl and what I think is insanish danish… the arts cool too
yeah i use godot (best boy)
jamie has sholmes (third best chronicles boy)
danish has susato (best girl + second best character in the whole series)

Merry Christmas Eve!
Screenshot_20231224-093039.png

Back
Top Bottom