• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG132: Enishida and the Battle Frontier!

The little narration in the next episode preview seems to sugest that Ash will be going to the battle frontier, so he probably won't stick around Kanto for long.

I think it's probably too early to premier the new opening theme. Movie 8 hasn't come out and so far they've had one movie per opening theme, so I don't think it will change until at least after the movie.

Damian Silverblade said:
Why would the "Kanto arc" theory be any less valid than yours?

In fact, what we know right now is, Ash is going back to Kanto. THAT IS ALL. And THAT information support a "Kanto arc" much more than any battle frontier arc, so you're the one making unsupported claims here, Scott.
What we know right now is, Ash is going home after the end of the Hoenn League. On the way there, he encounters someone who tells him about the Battle Frontier, and he seems excited about the possibility of going there. The next two episodes after he hears about it are set in Pallet Town and at Mount Moon. THAT IS ALL, and it seems to give a different picture than your "ALL".

Oh, I'm sorry.

I forgot speakign japanesse and being able to understand the bloody previews was a prerequisite of posting in this forum.

For the obtuse among you : THE ABOVE POST IS PURE, 100%, NON-DILUTED SARCASM.

Yes, I'm quite aware. The problem is, nobody had done it (on BMG at least, SPP is no excuse) and way I see it, Murg's post reek of assuming this is something I should know by default.

Hence my sarcastic reminder that unless people like him bother to come down from their mighty heaven and actually tell us puny non-japanesse speaker about things like that, we have no way to figure them out on our own.

Last edited:
Ok, see Blacky, re-read what I said :

"Yes, I'm quite aware. The problem is, nobody had done it (on BMG at least, SPP is no excuse) and way I see it, Murg's post reek of assuming this is something I should know by default."

THIS IS THE REASON I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MURG'S POST.

It has nothing to do with being on 24 hours a day, it has to do with him acting like I SHOULD know something when no one ever brought that up on BMG.

Well, that's how I interpret THIS : "THAT IS ALL, and it seems to give a different picture than your "ALL"."

So we did, probably.

Murg, sorry. I clearly overreacted (although I still feel the phrasing of your reply was offensive).

Scott85, sorry. It's just it seems to me that, wherever you go, you proclaim high and loud "This is the way it is, there is no alternative, sorry"...which tends to be a great way to murder any sort of interesting discussion and speculation, regardless of wether you're right or wrong. (ESPECIALLY in teh "changes to satoshi-tachi" thread). Hence my kneejerk reation of "Oh yeah? Doesn't look THAT way to me!"

Last edited:
The title is "Enshida and the Battle Frontier", but is about a Gym match in Veridian City. So it makes sense that Ash will go there later. It may be like the Whirl Islands: random fillers before they get to what they have been leading up to.

It could be that ; my issue with Scott85's post is explained in the post above. Yes, that they would head straight to Battle Frontier now is quite possible, but I simply feel that going around and trying to stamp out any speculation that they might perhaps NOT go to the BF immediately, or that the D/P anime series MIGHT not start in November...(as S85 has been doing)

Well, it'S bad for the board as a whole, pure and simple. And that brings out a very strong kneejerk effect out of me.

More cameos... (or not, since he's home.)

Random items from Pokeani boards:
In this one episode they've made two stops: EverGrande » Petalburg » Littleroot » Pallet.
Masato appears to have begun his studies under Odamaki, and will be staying in Littleroot.
Could the Azurill be the child of a certain Marill?
The All Members Assembly is that of Pokémon members, including Bayleef.
The credits order go Satoshi - Pikachu - Kasumi - Takeshi -- but they've always reinserted guests in their traditional spots.

Last edited:
Who's the father? Venonat? Scyther.

Anyway, where does the Agatha Battle and Scott fit in with this. And any new OP or ED.

And Serebii said Max,May,Brock, and Birch were in the next episode at Oak's.

Yes, come to think of it, someone at Pokeani did mention that the reunion was coming too soon.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom