• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG132: Enishida and the Battle Frontier!

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if the Battle Frontier is even an island now. It sounds more like the 7 facilities have been scattered all over Kantō - how else could the location of the Battle Pyramid be kept unknown until the challenger has acquired the 6 other symbols? It's definitely in Kantō though.

If they're not on an island, I at least hope all the buildings are next to each other.

If not, we're going to see some god awful pointless filler.

Hopefully the writers will use common sense and give us zero filler eps, as there is no reason to travel if the buildings are all next to each other.

This could very well make up for the rushed Hoenn league, as the Frontier basically IS just battles, battles, and more battles.

An insane number of them. For instance, to get the silver Knowledge Symbol in the game, you have to win 21 battles consecutively (including the one with the Factory Head) - to get the gold Knowledge Symbol, you have to win 42 battles consecutively (including the one with the Factory Head). In PokéSpe, there's no silver symbol, but Emerald still has to win 41 consecutive battles to get to the Factory Head. Needless to say, they only used one episode to do the bulk of that.

How long do you think it'll be before DP comes out? Do you think this'll be about Orange Islands length or shorter?

Zhen Lin said:
An insane number of them. For instance, to get the silver Knowledge Symbol in the game, you have to win 21 battles consecutively (including the one with the Factory Head) - to get the gold Knowledge Symbol, you have to win 42 battles consecutively (including the one with the Factory Head). In PokéSpe, there's no silver symbol, but Emerald still has to win 41 consecutive battles to get to the Factory Head. Needless to say, they only used one episode to do the bulk of that.
My guess is, Ash will only complete a single set of battles(i.e., 7 in the Factory).

Or they can change the rules a bit so it'd be reasonable for the show.

Also, does Scott mention anything about what Ash would get out of earning the frontier (if not just a berry)?

Zhen Lin said:
It sounds more like the 7 facilities have been scattered all over Kantō - how else could the location of the Battle Pyramid be kept unknown until the challenger has acquired the 6 other symbols?
That reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh, lol.

Also, does Scott mention anything about what Ash would get out of earning the frontier (if not just a berry)?

Does Ash necessarily have to win anything? I would love to see his reaction if all his hard work was rewarded with one small berry, though!

There's no tournament in the Frontier, so how can Ash win it?

Unless the writers make up some type of league thing after Ash gets 7 symbols..

Sounds to me like the battle pyramidcould be a compeition, since you need th other six badge thingies to get in, just like with a league.

I wonder why they selected the Pyramid as the last challenge. The Pyramid is probably the most unique of the Battle Frontier challenges, and as such it doesn't feel like an apex of the Frontier. I'd say that goes more to the Battle Dome(which has actual tournaments).

(curses Pokebip for uploading a wonky file)

I NEEED to see this one.

Unregistered said:
Looks like the writers are trying to phase out Pokeshipping. And NOT because of the Tracey thing, but because it looks like Misty's crush on Ash has finally faded!

Ash did not even seem excited when he saw Misty in his house. His facial expression was more like "What the heck are you doing here?" and Misty didn't really seem to crush after him in the episode like Pokeshippers were hoping for.

If there is little Ash/Misty interaction in the next two episodes, than it's pretty much a done deal. The writers are trying to phase out Pokeshipping, hopefully for good.

It's about time Misty got over her 7 season crush, it looks like she enjoys being a Cerulean GYM leader too more than ever.

I have to disagree with this. While Satoshi didn't have much of a reaction beyond a "What the heck are you doing here?", he's never really given us more more than that, so it's not like that changes the status quo. He's a little kid who seems to be hitting puberty late, and he had other things on his mind, like his mother's cooking.

As for Kasumi....what, did you expect her to be fawning over him and giving him huge hugs like in poorly written fanfiction? She was apparently waiting for days for him to show up, and had come over on her own initiative. That's something of an extreme measure to take, when she could have easily come over the next day after getting a pholne call telling her he was back. Her wistfully disappointed expression while commenting that he's always thinking about food first was enough to tell me that she still has feelings for him.

As for the Kenji thing.....we have no evidence whatsoever thusfar there. So he gave Kasumi an egg. So what? Leaping to the conclusion that he must love her from simply that is going a bit far. Hasn't anyone ever heard of birthday presents?

I have to LOL over the way we're all spinning out complex shippy interpretations based on the way Ash and Misty said "hi" to each other. XD

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom