• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one isn't even about economics, it's about how often they kept a promise.

thats also very important in economy and trust for sure... only persons who keep promises bring investors into mood to invest and people to grow consumption... without it and the trust economy works not that good actually.
rest of data you can check online yourself... that was about gender gap if something.

Considering the Pandemic Response Team was established under Obama and disbanded by Trump, I think it’s safe to assume that yes they probably would have been more prepared.

but what about the world team WHO? disbanded? fake news...
also Trump even if he is president there are States that reacted their own way always, Gubernators, Senators, Mayors.... You cant blame president for all... maybe for that people are lazy and fear to take hard decisions...

Maybe Obama would be more cultural and organised but he would not close boarders so fast, migration level would be much bigger and more people would have gotten infected probably.

Trump has bad advisors and russia manipulates so good that CNN was long time doing a american civil twitter war against Trump instead to find common grounds and contact directly.

I dont say Obama was worser , he was better for the humans at that time and point but turns out if not Trump, USA wouldnt be ready for this realy.

Last edited:
thats also very important in economy and trust for sure... only persons who keep promises bring investors into mood to invest and people to grow consumption... without it and the trust economy works not that good actually.

Consumption can't grow if Trump keeps pushing austerity on common folks.
rest of data you can check online yourself...

Ah yes, the "study it yourself" non-answer.

What are you even talking about? The WHO has been warning about COVID long before Trump decided to even admit it's a real disease.
also Trump even if he is president there are States that reacted their own way always, Gubernators, Senators, Mayors.... You cant blame president for all... maybe for that people are lazy and fear to take hard decisions...

Yes, you absolutely can blame the president for sabotaging the state's response to the pandemic, his constant dismissal of face masks and attacking health experts.

Do you even read the links you're posting?
Maybe Obama would be more cultural and organised but he would not close boarders so fast, migration level would be much bigger and more people would have gotten infected probably.

This is absurd. It's clear from the pandemic handbook that Obama left that the US response would be much more effective under Obama. Did you even read what was in it?
Trump has bad advisors and russia manipulates so good that CNN was long time doing a american civil twitter war against Trump instead to find common grounds and contact directly.

Those bad advisors were picked by Trump himself, who's too narcistic to allow a smarter person being in the same room as him.
I dont say Obama was worser , he was better for the humans at that time and point but turns out if not Trump, USA wouldnt be ready for this realy.

Stop blaming migrants for COVID. Especially since Trump is trying to intentionally infect all detainees.

Migrants are decidedly not to blame for the pandemic. To blame are international travel, the interconnectedness of global capital, grossly ill-equipped national health systems, and leisure tourism. As the United States continues its immigration detention and deportation programs, we can now add anti-immigration policies to that list.

Foisting culpability for disease and contagion on migrants and asylum seekers remains a common cliché, one that has a long and vile history.[...] But while the government is willing to suspend immigration laws meant to protect or welcome people arriving to the country, it is not willing to suspend ones that keep people dangerously locked up in detention centers, where, as the coronavirus begins to creep in, it is almost certain to devastate. These detention centers are bad enough without the virus; in recent years, detainees have suffered outbreaks of measles and received dangerously substandard medical care, while the centers have been the sites of mass suicide attempts, ongoing waves of hunger strikes, rampant sexual assault from guards, and a host of other abuses including generally unhealthy, inhumane, and sometimes torturous conditions.

Anti-immigration policy is actually the more pressing health danger — from regulations scaring away immigrants from accessing health care to disease-incubating detention centers. I reported from the migrant camps hastily raised in Tijuana in the fall of 2018: They were overcrowded and unsanitary — migrants had no bathrooms, no access to water, were hounded by Mexican officials, and were turned away or sprayed with tear gas by US border guards. Currently, there are around 2,500 people forced into a makeshift refugee camp in Matamoros, just across the river from Brownsville, Texas. The Mexican border city “has only 10 ventilators and 40 hospital beds for intensive care,” Foreign Policy reports.

As poet Carolyn Forché recently told me, “The contagion of lack of empathy is going to be more harmful to us in the long run than anything else, because it will have no bounds.” Even as we remain on lockdown or in quarantine, we cannot let the Trump administration take advantage of a crisis, levy scurrilous and racist claims against some of the world’s most marginalized populations, and deport and deny migrants and refugees. Doing so will not inoculate us from the virus, but, in fact, infect us with something even worse.

Last edited:
Timely reminder that Trump cut a huge chunk out of FEMA’s budget. Now my home state is about to get slammed by Hurricane Laura.

Not to mention he did so unconstitutionally via executive order so that he could posture as if he was doing something about peoples' unemployment needs (though the order is, of course, rife with logistical issues and will just create more problems), even though this was a blatantly slapdash attempt to cover for the fact that the Senate Republicans willfully dragged their feet on coming up with another stimulus solution in time for the expiration of unemployment benefits, and refused to even countenance the Democrats' own proposals because they involved providing funding for the post office that Trump is actively sabotaging in order to corrupt the election.

There was some talk upthread about Presidents and not being able to predict crises that would erupt during their term and like... okay, but there are actions (like, I dunno, let's say illegally redirecting funds away from FEMA right before hurricane and wildfire seasons) that even plain common sense can tell you would not help in a hypothetical-but-likely scenario.

only persons who keep promises bring investors into mood to invest and people to grow consumption... without it and the trust economy works not that good actually.
Invest in what? You can't donate to the United States. The reputation and economic status of a business can be influenced by the country they're in, but it's hardly the only factor.

And I'm sure people have a lot of trust in the guy who can't even keep his story straight about weather.
I said, it was almost raining, the rain should have scared them away, but God looked down and he said, we’re not going to let it rain on your speech. In fact, when I first started, I said, oh, no. The first line, I got hit by a couple of drops. And I said, oh, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it. But the truth is that it stopped immediately. It was amazing.
1/21/17
"Remember this also -- not that Obama would ever do this: But we had fencing all the way down to the Washington Monument. And it was raining and it was wet, and the grass was wet."
3/3/19

Besides, your chart literally showed Trump keeping less promises than Obama, that's not a point in Trump's favor.
rest of data you can check online yourself... that was about gender gap if something.
You're the one making these claims that this shows Trump is a good president. I'm not going to do your research for you. If you can't be bothered to point to policies that affected these statistics, or even ones that compare the current president, that's on you.
Yeah, just saying "fake news" does not prove anything false.

What on earth is your point here, anyways? That WHO, an organization whose primary goal is to gather data, determine guidelines, and advise countries, and has no legal authority, should have been doing more for the US than the president, in charge of coordinating a coronavirus task force?
Hard decisions like shutting down business in the area to prevent the spread of corona, when the president told citizens that they needed to be "liberated", or encouraging citizens to wear masks when the president calls it "political correctness"?

Even though Trump is not responsible for every element of the response, his actions have made it harder for everyone.
Oh, fun, the closed borders lie, even though Trump's admitted himself that 40,000 people were let in from China.

But I had to let them come back. I actually said, “Maybe we could keep them there for a while.” These are American citizens. I had to let them come back, Martha. So we had 40,000 people. Now, when the Democrats said it, “He said he closed the border, but he let 40,000,” they don’t say they were American citizens.

Also, loving the argument that it's immigrants specifically that spread disease, not just anyone traveling from a country where the virus has spread! That's definitely logical and not at all bigoted!
Trump has bad advisors
I guess we should direct our attention towards whoever picked his advisors, then. I wonder who that could be....
and russia manipulates so good that CNN was long time doing a american civil twitter war against Trump instead to find common grounds and contact directly.
Where to even begin on this one? The idea that a news outlet has the same responsibilities as our government? That Trump calling CNN reporters lowlifes and "the dumbest people on television" is equal to CNN running stories against him? The idea that an argument between a president and a news outlet, on fucking twitter, is "an American civil war"?
but turns out if not Trump, USA wouldnt be ready for this realy.
170K dead, people still fighting about wearing masks, a president pushing cures like hydroxyl and injecting bleach, still no end in sight, but yeah, I guess we were ready for this.

Invest in what? You can't donate to the United States.
Conservatives mistakenly believe that the US is like a business, which is why they wanted a businessman for president. Someone should remind them once again about all the Trump bankruptcies.
Besides, your chart literally showed Trump keeping less promises than Obama, that's not a point in Trump's favor.
As I said before, it seems that Matleo is merely copypasting links without actually reading them. My bet is they're from some pro-Trump facebook group dedicated to spreading misinformation. What he's doing is a textbook example of the Gish gallop, a debating technique focusing on overwhelming an opponent in a very short time with as many arguments as possible, without regard for accuracy. Him telling us to "check online yourself" is also an attempt make us give up on debating him, by ordering us to search the Internet for arguments that are in his favor. In short, I don't think he's here to argue in good faith.

Last edited:
Let tonight's disgusting display be a grim reminder of what we're dealing with if we do not get out and vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. They're not the ideal choice, but if we don't elect them, we're stuck with an America where criticizing the president is "Un-American". An America where people crying out for racial justice are "sons of bitches" while Nazis/White Supremacist are "very fine people". An America where the press is "the enemy of the people". An America where science and facts proven by experts are invalid and the president knows better than these experts. An America where the president can get away with extorting other nations for dirt on political opponents. An America where you can't serve in our military because you are transgender. An America that bans people from entering based on religious discrimination. An America where the president can turn our troops on peaceful protesters for a photo-op. An America that turns its back on its allies while sucking up to dictators like Kim Jong-Un and Vladimir Putin. An America that is unsafe in the fight against COVID-19. This is not what America is about, and we can't continue to let it be.

On November 3rd, grab your masks and get out there and vote like your life depends on it, especially if you live in battleground states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Florida. If you plan on voting by mail in ballot if the option is available, make sure you do it early so it can be counted on time. Make sure you pay attention for information regarding mail in ballots also. Its now or never. We either walk out of this with the prospects of a path towards a better future, or things will get far worse and Trump and conservatives will get the satisfaction they don't deserve of 4 more years and mocking anyone who opposed them. We can't let this happen. We must turn out in large numbers that will make 2018's massive turnout look like nothing. If we were able to take back the house in 2018, we can take back the White House and senate too. This is the fight of our lives. We will beat Trump and elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. We can end this nightmare. We can defeat Donald Trump and build a better tomorrow for America. Whatever it takes.

Last edited:

The GOP promises to lower taxes, but then they turn around and pull this - Taking away the money that you've paid in taxes your whole working life and no longer having it come for you when you're in a time of great need.

VOTE TRUMP OUT.

Post I liked...
I'm almost tempted to copypaste this on a Discord server I'm in... but I feel I should make my own message when the time comes. While things like this happening on, say, Nicaragua, don't affect the world much since it's a small country, I don't want to know what will happen with something like this in the US.

I'm almost tempted to copypaste this on a Discord server I'm in... but I feel I should make my own message when the time comes. While things like this happening on, say, Nicaragua, don't affect the world much since it's a small country, I don't want to know what will happen with something like this in the US.
Its never too early to remind people of what's at stake and encourage them to vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Right now is the time to spread the word however you wish.

In Soviet USA, media must be good comrade and only sing the praises of Dear Leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom