• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Basics! Endgame(28/6/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Back to Basics! Day 3(22/6/2015)

@The_Pikachu; @jackatlasred;
Wait... I object to this.
VOTE: Froakie
I was waiting to do this to break the tie before going to bed but I think I'll be doing it now.
Froakie has much more suspicious behaviour, and for Tyler (who is clear) to say that he thinks CF is town, we really should listen to him because as said, he might know more. Besides, Pikachu, why listen to the person you voted for minutes earlier?

VOTE COUNT:
CrackFox II (Froakie, jackatlasred)
Froakie III (CrackFox, HumanDawn, Zexy)
jackatlasred I (The_Pikachu)

Awesome, the tie is broken. I'm actually really interested in seeing how Froakie flips.

Awesome, the tie is broken. I'm actually really interested in seeing how Froakie flips.
If you are actually really interested, please vote for her as well. We wouldn't like last minute unhappy surprises.

reasons as to why we shouldn't lynch CF and how Froakie's evidence is false (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:

crackfox - neutral but slight scum lean - came in day 1 w/ immediate reads[and tips as to how we should go about the game and tips for Town to win] and hasn't particularly contributed since.[??????]
Let's start. stuff in brackets is my notes.

Ok, caught up and my thoughts are as follows;

First of all I disagree that we should come up with a gameplan so fast. There are a lot of things that could go wrong if power roles were to out themselves this early and I never like the idea of telling individuals what they should do with their status. I think it would work out better if the cop stayed hidden and only revealed themselves to innocent checks or if there's one person who stands out as being particularly pro-town, maybe confide in them. That's what I would personally want to do if I had the cop role.
Pointing out holes in plans w/ power roles outing, gives tips to Cop without forcing her ideas onto the Cop. Not just reads.

Reads on people so far then;

Zexy
- Town
I don't agree with his suggestions as to how the play the game but I believe he genuinely is thinking of the towns' interests.

HumanDawn - Neutral

He makes good points in regards to Zexy's suggestions. His tune changes slightly in the PM Zexy shared with us but there's not a big contrast that's worrying. I also don't think it means anything that he contacted Zexy. It makes sense to me that Zexy may have put the idea forward awaiting approval from other people before confessing so I get why HD thought he may himself be the cop. As Zexy so openly shared the PM in thread it makes me think he probably isn't though.
I don't trust HD anymore than I distrust him right now, I think it would be a massive shame to mislynch him without good reason.

TylerM
- Town

I've found myself agreeing with him a lot. Contributing regularly and I noticed he was the only one to tag the inactives, myself included.

jackatlasred - Neutral leaning Town

Contributing well and his posts I also agree with for the most part. He's theorising a lot about potential outcomes if the gameplan Zexy suggested was followed through with. If I had to guess i'd expect the scum amongts us wouldn't way up the pros and cons so much. As a player i'm unfamiliar with him so it's always harder to judge but for now he's ok with me.

Froakie - Neutral

Hasn't said much (hypocritical I know) but her first post I totally agree with and it was presented what I would consider very normal for her.

Flopjack - Neutral to Scum

Has said so little and hasn't given a definitive opinion about anything yet. Feeling unsure.

Rabbit - Neutral to scum

Has said much less than i'd expect of him. Hasn't said what he's thinking.

Those of you I haven't mentioned it's because I haven't seen enough of your contributions to form an opinion on yet. The only other person I have an opinion on will be described below.

Vote; The_Pikachu

I don't like the way she is branding HD scummy. She seems to really want to get him lynched and she's played games with him enough to know that he's a good player, he's complex and yes he definitely can be deceitful, but not always for the wrong reasons. I think she's threatened by HD and wants him lynched. I don't see a good reason to want him lynched for any other reason. I know others have voted for HD as well but she seems to be overly keen in her convictions towards him.
Reads with evidence and logical explanations as to their vote and their reads.

The_Pikachu's actions are beyond sketchy. I don't have a problem keeping my vote on her.

@TylerM; I get what you're saying but telling you to protect yourself is something i'd expect. As long as she has your trust you aren't a threat. Keeping you alive and close is more beneficial that killing you if you are with her and not against her. After all it's only a matter of time before the cop and doctor find eachother and when you do i'm sure she'd be eager for you to tell her all about it. Just saying. Telling you to protect yourself isn't necessarily as selfless as it first appears.

I'm not sold on the fact that she is mafia but there are no better options that I can see this phase.
Look at CrackFox. Guiding a fetus player, ensuring that they make the right moves to lynch scum. Really not-contributy if you ask me. (sarcastic)

I was really growing quite confident TP would indeed flip Mafia so i'd go as far as to say i'm surprised she didn't. I've played many games with her and her actions struck me as unusual though some of you disagree apparently but it's done now. I don't trust Tyler completely but whenever someone claims anything as bold as a power role they are telling the truth 9 times out of 10 in my experience. Lying about something like that is really risky, especially openly admitting it in thread for everyone to potentially contest it, very risky. I think it's unlikely he's lying about being the doctor. Claims aside, he gives me town vibes anyway.

The mafia will want to kill him now but he can get round that by protecting himself. I think whoever the cop is should just make the decision they think is best. I'd personally consider checking Tyler a waste, yes he could be Mafia but that is true of the rest of us anyway. I also think people shouldn't take too much influence away from what others tell them they should do in thread. A handful of those 'advisors' are usually giving deliberately bad advice.
Ensuring power roles don't fall into traps of well-disguised scum. Look at this. Look at CrackFox. Contributing. Look at Froakie. Inactive.

Didn't really know who to expect to die tonight. I probably wouldn't have said HP if i'd been asked to predict it though.

I have to say that the lack of faith some people are showing in Tyler is quite shocking. He claimed a risky power role which hasn't been contested, the chances of him lying are slim to none yet some people seem to want to continue bringing his status up. The people that would want a bandwagon on Tyler immediately scream scum to me. Similarly the people who told the cop to check Tyler last night, indirectly of course. If there's one person I'd like to trust but just can't right now it's Jack. HD showed me a PM in which he tells him to check Tyler if HD theoretically was the cop. As I said to HD, that sounds like bad advice. It would be wasting a check pretty much. Both me and HD agreed last night that Jack would make decent check himself. Not because i'm convinced he's scum but because i'm unsure of him. There's also some contradiction in the way he handled TP lynch. One one hand he said he didn't trust her enough to overly defend her yet when it was announced she was town he basically said 'I told you so'. So which is it? I'm finding jack confusing. For the record I don't trust HD particularly either. I'm neutral on him right now.

Today I think it's a good idea to lynch SM unless he can convince us otherwise or we find a better alterantive. He's said very little and when he has spoken he acted very frustrated and almost angry. In my experience of being mafia in the past, you are much more likely to behave like that under interrogation with a guilty conscious.

Vote: Sword Master

On a sidenote the reason I am much less active than usual is because i'm unwell and i'm not sitting in front of the computer as much as I usually do.
What's this? CrackFox? Contributing? Did Froakie... come up with something on the spot to get CF lynched without looking at evidence? Strange. Scummy.

I am currently interested in @CrackFox; and would like to know her current reads, as well as what she has to say about Melpomene's comment about her D1 reads being kind of pointless because they were mostly neutral.

I'll give updated reads but firstly what do I think of Melpomene's comment? Nothing really, I mean on D1 what do you expect me to say? It's difficult to make a conviction about people, even at this stage in the game, it still is. Saying you view someone as neutral is still a valid read and giving reads is better than not giving them so I don't accept any criticism for that. OK, reads in no particular order;

jackatlasred - Leaning towards scum
It's difficult because I don't know his usual playstyle but on face value his posts are a tad contradictory, his logic confuses me and I don't like the way he was trying to get the cop to waste a check on Tyler and continued bringing him up. I find any fixation on Tyler silly from the point of view of a townie but for scum to do that I completely understand.

Froakie - Leaning Scum
Froakie is difficult to read because she doesn't act a great deal differently whichever side she's on. She resisted voting for TP which was a postive thing since she flipped town, however the lynch was already pretty much set in stone and that point and the fact that she didn't hop on the bandwagon felt a bit convoluted. She also only voted for Sword's Master when the lynch was gaining irriversable momentum. I've spoken to another player who told me that from their point of view, she's acting like 'scum Froakie'. I don't have that much conviction myself but I value their opinion.

Zexy - Town
As I said on D1 although I didn't agree with his logic I got a strong feeling he was honestly trying to figure out a way to help us win. I haven't changed my opinion since then. Posts seem quite townish to me and he's active in and outside the thread.

HumanDawn - Town
Up until today I was seriously starting to doubt HD. However, seeing how he started the bandwagon on Sword's Master and the very unpleasant exchange SM had with HD earlier in the game, I think the chances of them ever being in an alliance is nill. I might have argued SM was thrown under the bus in an attempt to make HD look super innocent, that would be a very possible theory, but like I said, their exchange in thread (unless orchastrated but if so WOW) proves to me they weren't working together.

Flopjack - Neutral leaning Town
Posts seem pretty townish to me and I think he's been a bit unfairly targetted by a few players and has managed to keep his cool under scrutiny which to me is always indicative of a clear conscious. Whether or not he's just playing well, I couldn't say right now but I think he's doing well.

Rabbit - Leaning Scum
I know Rabbit has asked to be subbed out which means that his inactivity isn't entirely linked to lying low or keeping under the radar. However, I have noticed him viewing the thread a few times without posting which proves it's not just a case of being too busy to keep an eye on the goings on. I would expect him to have posted a lot more were he town, even if it was just a few short reads since he was reading the thread anyway.

Gafigglethorp - Neutral
Pretty much gonna echo Zexy here. Doesn't vote on D1 and only votes SM when it is evident he's a goner anyway. Things to take note of. On the other hand his posts don't give me cause for concern.

Seppe - Neutral
Hasn't contributed quite enough to get a feel for him. His posts don't scream scum or town particularly. Awaiting his subs contribution.

Melpomene - Neutral
Posts seem fine to me. Hasn't really done or said anything that's stood out.

TylerM - Town
No one has come forward and said he's lying about being the doctor. His posts seem townish to me. He's the person I trust most in this game.

Denial - Who knows
Reads? No. This can't be possible. CrackFox "didn't contribute," right? Wrong. Logical, in-depth reads from CrackFox. Contribution to the thread despite sickness, not inactivity.

@The_Pikachu; What are your reads? Where do you get the idea that you think Sword Master intentionally wanted to make a conflict with Flopjack?

It's a shame Melpomene died, they were one of my bigger Town reads. I talked to them privately on Skype and these were their last words:

So, any idea on who to lynch tomorrow?
[22/06/2015 19:10:21] HD: Do you think jack should be checked?
[22/06/2015 19:11:18] Charlotte: He'd probably be the best to check, yeah. His play's been really scummy, but apparently that's just how he usually is, so there's more than enough uncertainty around him to warrant a check.
[22/06/2015 19:12:17] Charlotte: As for tomorrow, well--I'm not sure. I want to give the subs a chance, and I don't want to decide whether or not to lynch CrackFox until she replies, and since Jack'll probably be the check, if he's town, then he's out, too?
[22/06/2015 19:12:34] Charlotte: If I had to choose, probably Seppe's sub or Crackfox, but I'm a bit hesitant to be gung-ho on them, y'know?
[22/06/2015 19:13:46] HD: ok
[22/06/2015 19:17:50] HD: Sorry, that was a lame reply, my mother needed something.
[22/06/2015 19:18:05] HD: Why lynch Crackfox?
[22/06/2015 19:20:44] Charlotte: It's an absurdly weak reason and I'd really prefer to wait and see more from her, so I'd hate to lynch her just off that, but her avoiding my actual issue with her read list (when I'm fairly sure I spelled it out and you had to mention her more than once) and giving this avoidant reply really bothers me, and then there's just the scumminess with the read list in the first place, y'know? Basically just the stuff I mentioned in my most recent post.
[22/06/2015 19:24:11] HD: So far it's not weird for me.
[22/06/2015 19:24:39] HD: I recall her posting reads as Town Day 1 despite being pointless
[22/06/2015 19:25:17] HD: Even aligning perfectly with the people who trusted her, as in, she'd lean Town those who supported her and scum those who'd suspect her.
[22/06/2015 19:25:56] HD: The avoidance is weird, true.
[22/06/2015 21:00:39] HD: I actually have an exam tomorrow and it is getting quite late.
[22/06/2015 21:01:23] HD: I don't I have time for a thread analysis and a reads list, for what it's worth my reads list is pretty much the same as the one before, only with Froakie leaning a bit Town now.
[22/06/2015 21:02:38] HD: Maybe I will have an opportunity tomorrow, despite having led the lynch on Sword Master I think the Mafia would be interested more in Cop hunting.

I'm very interested in seeing what Crackfox has to say. Should I out everything else Melpomene said? We talked a lot about Sword Master, and they mentioned they thought Flopjack was Town with how calm and collected they sounded.

What I have to say about what? If you are refering to the skype convo above then it's pretty much what I already knew. She found my D1 reads pointless and was unsure of me partly due to my inactivity. The bit about giving town reads on the players I felt trusted me and scum reads of the ones that didn't is really untrue. I'm in a game with a lot of players i've never even played with before. I have no idea how half the thread feel about me. I already said I don't think my reads were pointless and I can't blame her for being unsure of me or say she was wrong to be unsure of me. Even though I don't think i've done or said anything scummy, similarly I haven't done or said anything in thread to reassure people i'm innocent either. She didn't really trust me I guess and that's pretty understandable so that's really all I have to say about that.

I'm gonna vote later when more discussion has taken place. I was gonna vote Equinox for added pressure to get him to speak up but he said he's going to read through the thread and post anyway so i'll let him off :b
Logical defense, over all good post. Contribution.

Well flop I still have my eye on you but I don't like ties more. A wasted day is our worst possible outcome right now. And crackfox has been on my radar.
@CrackFox; can you say anything?

There's nothing I can say that will definitively stop your doubts about me. That is what is hard in games without majority roles. You have nothing to work with. Usually i'd just claim and that would help settle people's minds about me to some extent. In games like these I have nothing else to claim but an alliance. All I can say is lynching me would be a waste of a phase and one number down for the village. I know that means nothing since words are cheap but i'll say it anyway.

Vote: Froakie

On the face of it it looks like a retaliation vote but if you read my read on her it was negative before she voted for me. I actually think her vote on me is retaliation from her side. I've also said to numerous people outside of the thread that i'd be ok with the possibility of her being lynched today so I can assure people it's not petty.

People seem to hold my vote for TP against me it seems. I didn't expect a bandwagon to form around it but i'm not going to lie, I was pleased when it did. She was acting really scummy on D1. It didn't pay off as it so often doesn't. I don't think that's really a valid reason to doubt me. In terms my inactivity, I understand. I'm not giving this game the attention I usually would. In honesty i'd ask for a sub but SM has had to find so many already I don't want to make his life any harder. I'm still sick but i'm paying attention. I'm just not checking the thread constantly.
What was that Froakie? Not getting discussion started? That's strange- activity seems to have spiked since CF posted this. Seems like she's getting conversations started to me.

tl;dr CF shouldn't be lynched, Froakie's evidence is false, and I managed to convince myself Froakie was scum. Vote: Froakie

Wow, Tyler you are great for coming up with this, it is so late here and this phase was so eventful I really couldn't have gone through all of this. Thanks again.
I am slightly more relieved knowing that the clear agrees and put one more vote on her. I think I should go to bed now. *prays for a good update*

UNVOTE: jackatlasred
VOTE: Froakie

Because of Tyler M and Zexy.

unvote:crackfox, Vote: the_pikachu you make it very clear were you stand.

Alright, @TylerM;

First on PM the pikachu ask me why the lynch on crackfox so she can join it. I tell her why and I say I'm willing to switch to froakie to not have a tie, since I despise ties.

She votes for me and then says I wanted her to join the CF lynch, which is true.

I'm not mad at that, that's logical.

This is what got me mad, and made her get my vote. She switched on a banwagon, right afterwards. I get that she may of been mistaken, but as a town you simply don't do that.

Alright, @TylerM;

First on PM the pikachu ask me why the lynch on crackfox so she can join it. I tell her why and I say I'm willing to switch to froakie to not have a tie, since I despise ties.

She votes for me and then says I wanted her to join the CF lynch, which is true.

I'm not mad at that, that's logical.

This is what got me mad, and made her get my vote. She switched on a banwagon, right afterwards. I get that she may of been mistaken, but as a town you simply don't do that.

I didn't ask why the lynch on CrackFox so I could join it I just wanted too see what your motivation was for it.

jackatlasred said:
The_Pikachu said:
I agree that CrackFox does look a bit scummy but I feel like it's not scummy enough to warrant a lynch. HumanDawn's vote on Froakie however is a bit odd because he votes Froakie because he doesn't want CrackFox to die and he doesn't really point out any scummy aspects of Froakie. What do you think?

I honestly want your opinion on this matter since I don't understand the CrackFox lynch and I feel like you could explain it.

She voted for you first before we had anything to vote against you for. Also she comes in whenever and just says stuff in her favor. But I might switch my vote since I don't want a tie. Froakie herself is suspicious. She voted crackfox for no reason just now and hasn't really contributed much either. If you join my vote that won't be necessary tho.

Jack can provide the screenshots.

Screenshot_2015-06-24-20-07-02.png

I'm at work on my phone can you see this?

Screenshot_2015-06-24-20-07-39.png

I'd like them from both of you, if possible. And what are you guys' time zones?

Voting Locked Update Pending.

1) @jackatlasred;
3) @TylerM;
4) @Zexy;
5) @Rabbit;
7) @Flopjack;
8) @Gafigglethorp;
9) @The_Pikachu;
10) @HumanDawn;
12) @Equinox;
14) @CrackFox;
15) @Froakie;

Nobody quite knew who to believe. But they focused on one person in the end.

Froakie was lynched. She was a Mafia Member.

It is now Night 3.
Please send in your actions. You have 24 hours.
@badasstroperMCH; is subbing in for Rabbit. Would have done this earlier but I missed your post until I went through the thread again. Confirm when received.
Kyriaki you're off the hook for now. Thanks anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom