• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

The official title of the first movie in Japanese is Myuutsu no Gyakushuu (I think) which translates to Mewtwo's Revenge... or simply put, Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Originally posted by PokemonTrainerLisa

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to make this post, was because I found a clip of the song I mentioned that was used in the episode "The Psychic Sidekicks". It turns out it was also used in the episode "Hot matches", I think. And that is what episode this clip is from. Here it is!

Thought it was that song. Anyway, nice choice. Get a Johto/AG BGM soundtrack released, stat!

Cool, the site has Totodile Duel!! I've been pretty upset after I taped over my copy. ><

Originally posted by Quilfisher
Unlike in certain other shows, I like the way the BGM has kinda remained the same the whole way through. When I say that, I mean they haven't created loads and loads of new tunes. They normally keep the same ones for battling, the same one for walking and so on...which is pretty cool.

So you're saying you support lazy music composers? ;)

=

Phew, I finally made a sound clip of that beautiful Ecruteak remix -- this one's taken from the end of Tricks of the Trade. My microphone hates my TV, so you might have to turn the speakers up to hear it. And Archaic is going to hate me if this thing gets downloaded as much as that Igglypuff clip. ^^ Seriously, if you have a copy of Tricks of the Trade or Going Apricorn (which has the full BGM), just listen to that, my recording doesn't do it much justice.

Thanks for the sound clip, Cheesemon! :-D

Now I remember that song! I think the first time I heard it in "Goin' Apricorn", I knew right then that it was a remix from G/S/C but I didn't know which song it was. Anyway, that's a great song. But, I still think the new action score's the best though. I really love that song! *starts playing it in her head* And that reminds me....didn't they play all of that song in the JLC episode "Fight For The Light"? I don't know, but for some reason I seem to remember it being longer in that episode.

Oh, and yeah....pokemondomain's a great site for Pokemon episode downloads. I wish Bulbagarden would get episode downloads, hehehehe. LOL

I'm currently looking for two BGMs from the Pokemon Anime. I don't know their names, but they are as follows:

RBY Final Battle theme(plays during the recap in Volcanic Panic, and when Magmar pops up in Riddle Me This. I can name more places if you want.)

Orchestrated remix of RBY Trainer battle(I have the normal one)(this one's a little trickier. It plays at the beginning of the Magmar vs Charizard rematch in Volcanic Panic. I could probably figure out a few others.)

Anyone who can even so much as name these themes will get halfop in the BMG IRC chat. Unless you're already an op, in which case I'll work something out. >.>

I require /operserv umode zhenlin +SqoaAN. :)

There was only 1 CD dedicated to Kanto BGM ever released, and probably from before this episode as well, so it's possible it won't be there.

There was this one track though, probably the one you have:
22.CHAPTER.9 挑戦!ジムリーダー戦~ポケモンバトル

Have you checked on the newest album (Genki! Ippai!)? It has a few orchestrated remixes of battle music - although they are for wild Pokémon... Then again, they used the classic RGBY wild Pokémon battle music for the Movie 7 tag battle...

Oh yeah, Zhen Lin, I noticed that when I saw Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys for the first time.

And I really love that song!!

*loves all the remixes of the songs from the games*

Anyway, don't they also have some of the Ruby/Sapphire remixes from the anime on the Advance Adventure CD?

I heard that they did, and I really want both that CD and Pokemon Sound Anime Collection (which has almost all of the first season BGM on it).

I'm not sure but I guess the second BGM, is 23. Shakunatsu no Batoru Fueerudo from Saundo Anime Korekushon Ongakushuu Meibamenshuu. This is the only remix of original battle theme in this album. But I can't find a first one...
There is 6 BGMs in Advance Adventure: Pokemon kon'tesuto, Magma-dan no Theme, Aqua-dan no Theme, Tatakai, Shoui and Toukashitei. There is also 4 Rocket's BGM in Poruka O Doruka album. But none of them have this two BGMs, that you looking for. I don't have Genki!! Ippai!!, but track listing from is here:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9x-70-jhy.html

Last edited:
Oh, okay, Burakki.

Anyway, yeah, I thought they had some BGMs on there, I just wasn't sure which ones.

I'm pretty much going to guess that the theme isn't on the CD. I downloaded its contents on Friday and it's not there.

BTW, Fueerudo is the original remix(it first plays in the St Anne ep, I believe). There's a second remix in the show, I also recall that it plays during the Meowth/Brock battle in Who Gets To Keep Togepi?.

Zhen Lin said:
I require /operserv umode zhenlin +SqoaAN. :)

You require nothing of the sort. >:O

Zhen Lin said:
There was only 1 CD dedicated to Kanto BGM ever released, and probably from before this episode as well, so it's possible it won't be there.

There was this one track though, probably the one you have:
22.CHAPTER.9 挑戦!ジムリーダー戦~ポケモンバトル

Have you checked on the newest album (Genki! Ippai!)? It has a few orchestrated remixes of battle music - although they are for wild Pokémon... Then again, they used the classic RGBY wild Pokémon battle music for the Movie 7 tag battle...
I do I have Ippai too. It's not there. :/

There are two songs from the Pokemon anime that I don't have. They can be heard in the game Pokemon Puzzle League.

And yes, I know most of the music in that game came from directly from the 2 Be A Master CD (except PPL had instrumental versions of those songs). However, there are two BGM songs in the game, which can actually be heard in the dub version of the anime.

Today I found a site where I could download the PPL version of the two songs. But what I really want are the anime versions.

Anyway, here's a link to where you can download these songs. The songs are seperated between the beginning (main melody) and ending (more dramatic) parts.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/3234

The first song is Track 23 and 24 (Track 49 and 50 are also this song, apparently, and they sound more accurate to the show's version).

And the second song I'm talking about is Track 29 and Track 30.

So does anyone know what these songs are called? And also, does anyone know where I can get the anime versions of these songs?

I'm not sure whether these are Japanese songs, or if they were created by 4Kids. But either way, these are 2 of my favorite songs in the Pokemon anime.

If they're Japanese songs, then I'm pretty sure I've downloaded every song from the Pocket Monsters Sound Anime Collection. I'm very surprised that these songs weren't on there.

If they're 4Kids songs, then in my opinion, that's some of the best BGM that 4kids has ever made. And it's a shame they haven't used those songs since like, the Master Quest season. I'd love to hear those songs again.

Last edited:
I just heard those songs a little while ago. I'm not too fond of the formatting if you ask me. I mean, the same theme being played over two consecutive tracks is pretty strange.

To answer your question, yes those two themes do come from the dub and they're both played in the very first episode. Track 23/24 is played when that one Spearow attacks Pikachu and track 29/30 is played when Spearow calls out its friends and Ash and Pikachu are forced to flee. In the Japanese version though, they use Daikonsen (track 21 on SAC) and Shuugeki (track 19). In any case, both those dub tunes are kind of meh to me. The dub tune that I like is the one we hear when Ash uses Misty's bike to escape the returning Spearow, which surprisingly, I find just as likable as the tune it replaced (Kanto Battle Theme (track 22)).

Also, in response to the last thing you said Lisa, those tunes have been playing a lot in the Advanced episodes as well. In fact, I'd say they were used more in the latter episodes of the series when the producers decided to gradually keep less and less of the original music. Don't forget, the less they keep the original music, the more room they have for their own inhouse music.

I actually quite like these tracks myself XD I think because it really gives a good feel of impending danger/being chased, I can picture a chase scene pretty easilly to it.

Seriously, both the English version and the Japanese version need to bring out CDs with the BGM D: Especially the Japanese version, so much missing music that needs some serious CD love, another anime sound collection please!

A track I've always wanted was one that I know played over the scene in "A Mudkip Mission" when Mudkip goes to save the baby Mudkip and gets washed towards the waterfall. I know it's a tune that played in both the english version and Japanese version and has been used many other times too, that's just one scene that sticks out to me where it was used XD

But I thanks Lisa for making this thread, cos now I have these dub BGM, even if it's only game music I think it's about as close as we're gonna get to the real thing =p

Well, the new CD will have the awesome New Ash Theme, one of the best new BGM of DP.

There is another similar song, also played during the first dub episode, remixed for Fear Factor Phony, and it is one of my favourites, along with those, Lisa.

Oh yeah, I think I know which song you're talking about, XD375. I'm gonna have to watch "Fear Factor Phony" again sometime, just to hear that song again.

Well, the new CD will have the awesome New Ash Theme, one of the best new BGM of DP.
Huh?

Ash has an instrumental theme now?

That's so awesome!! Now I wanna hear that song!!!! XD

Anyway though, I really love the BGM in Pokemon. All of it's great, in my opinion. I like both the dub BGM and the Japanese BGM.

But I didn't know they gave Ash his own instrumental song!! That's quite interesting, given the fact that he never had his own song before (well, non-vocal, I mean).

To answer your question, yes those two themes do come from the dub and they're both played in the very first episode. Track 23/24 is played when that one Spearow attacks Pikachu and track 29/30 is played when Spearow calls out its friends and Ash and Pikachu are forced to flee. In the Japanese version though, they use Daikonsen (track 21 on SAC) and Shuugeki (track 19). In any case, both those dub tunes are kind of meh to me. The dub tune that I like is the one we hear when Ash uses Misty's bike to escape the returning Spearow, which surprisingly, I find just as likable as the tune it replaced (Kanto Battle Theme (track 22)).
Heh, I figured they were dub songs.

That's cool!! ^_^

And thank you for answering my question, mogoldmember. :)

I'm very surprised though. I don't know why, but for some reason, I was thinking those two songs were Japanese songs. So the whole time I was downloading music from the Sound Anime Collection, I was looking for those songs on the soundtrack, but I could never find them.

And that explains why. They were dub added, lol. XD

That also answers my second question. I asked what the names of those songs were, but since they're dub songs they probably don't have a name (or if they do, only the dub music people know what the names are).

Unfortunately, they've never released a Dub BGM CD, and that's very sad. I'm gonna request that from Pokemon USA. It would be so awesome (well, for me anyway, since I like most of the dub music).

Also, in response to the last thing you said Lisa, those tunes have been playing a lot in the Advanced episodes as well. In fact, I'd say they were used more in the latter episodes of the series when the producers decided to gradually keep less and less of the original music. Don't forget, the less they keep the original music, the more room they have for their own inhouse music.
Oh really? They used these songs often in Advanced, Advanced Challenge, and even more in Advanced Battle? Wow, I never noticed that.

Thanks. I'll have to check that out. ^^

I actually quite like these tracks myself XD I think because it really gives a good feel of impending danger/being chased, I can picture a chase scene pretty easilly to it.
Yes!! That's the exact reason why I love these 2 songs so much. ^_^

They're perfect for chase scenes. Also, I love the way they start out and then how dramatic they get. I think that's why I originally thought they were Japanese songs, because of just how well done they were and how they fit the chase scenes perfectly.

Seriously, both the English version and the Japanese version need to bring out CDs with the BGM D: Especially the Japanese version, so much missing music that needs some serious CD love, another anime sound collection please!
I completely agree with you, PDUTogepi.

They need to release more BGM soundtracks, for both the Japanese BGM and dub BGM.

It makes me sad that they never released another SAC. They had more than enough Japanese BGM to do that with, especially the Johto songs. I love all the Johto BGM, and I think it's a shame they've never released any of those songs on CD (especially the songs that aren't from the games, like the OK instrumental and that one beautiful song, I think The Shining Light is what you call it, mogoldmember).

But I thanks Lisa for making this thread, cos now I have these dub BGM, even if it's only game music I think it's about as close as we're gonna get to the real thing =p
You're welcome, PDUTogepi. :)

I thought it would be a good idea to make this thread, because I found these two songs from Pokemon Puzzle League. And it surprised me, because they didn't come from either the vocal soundtracks (like 2 Be A Master) or one of the openings (like the first season theme or the Orange Islands theme, both have instrumental versions in PPL).

I noticed that those 2 songs were taken from the anime, and for the longest time, I couldn't figure out whether they were Japanese songs or dub songs.

And now, I finally know that they are dub songs. Thank you so much, mogoldmember!!

I think it's amazing how you know so much about the Pokemon BGM. :-D

I just heard those songs a little while ago. I'm not too fond of the formatting if you ask me. I mean, the same theme being played over two consecutive tracks is pretty strange.
Yeah, I thought that was strange too. Then again, these two songs were used in a game, so they had to make them repeat somehow.

Anyway though, I wanted to ask you a few more things, mogoldmember.

1. Besides the fact that they repeat, were the two dub songs altered/changed in any way for Puzzle League? Or do they sound exactly like their anime counterparts?

2. You know how they seperated the songs into two parts, well, do you think you (or someone else) would be able to combine them? That way, these two songs would sound more like they do in the anime.

If you can't do that, it's okay. I'm satisfied with just the PPL versions of those songs. And I'm glad that I could find them available for download.

Although, I was just wondering, if I could somehow get the anime versions of these songs, or something close to that, it would be even better. I mean, they're dub BGM, yet I'd actually have these songs on a CD. That would be so cool.

EDIT: You know what I just realized? Tracks 41 and 42 (on that site) are another song from the dub.

I'm not sure which episodes this song has been played, but I know they've used it many different times in the dub.

Last edited:
I turn on Puzzle League just to hear the BGMs. There are a few other BGMs (Oak's Lab, Dragonite, This song that sounds sort of like Dragonite).

I liked the first three movie scores better in the American version.

Yes, you are correct.

I was about to edit my post again and mention that. LOL. XD

And by the way, the song you didn't know, that was actually the "crossing the water" song or whatever they called it.

I happen to own the soundtrack that both Dragonite's Flight and that other song came from. It's called, Pokemon The First Movie Score. It has all the BGM from the first movie. It's great, in my opinion.

And so far, it's the only BGM CD they've ever made for the dub. I hope they make another one sometime, but for the anime (instead of the movies).

Anyway though, I still can't remember when they played Tracks 41 and 42 in the dub. I'll have to see what mogoldmember says about that.

Actually, in non-English parts of Europe, the second movie score was also released. Plus, in Japan, they have the same score for movies 4-8, so the only one we don't have is 3 if someone can locate #2's score.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom