• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best Battle Fanfic Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my entry into the Bulbagarden Battle Fic contest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The young blonde man trudged slowly up the stairs of the immense iron tower, the stairs that would take him to the top floor – and to his destiny.

He was climbing the Battle Tower, the centerpiece of the Battle Frontier, a Pokémon-battling theme park on a tropical island in the southern sea of Hoenn. Dozens upon dozens of trainers had fallen in his wake, and now, he was approaching the pinnacle.

Reaching into the pocket of his white lab coat, he took out a blue folder and opened it. Inside were six golden discs set into precisely-cut holes, each with a different emblem on it.

“Six Frontier Symbols...” he muttered, eying an empty seventh hole. “If I win this one more battle, I’ll have conquered the entire Battle Frontier.”

Having reached the top of the stairs, he paused before the grand doors and took a deep breath.

“Here we go...”

He set his hand on the golden doorknob. Cold to the touch, it sent a chill through his body – but he pressed on nevertheless, into a room serving as both a battle arena and a spacious office, statues of various people and Pokémon lining the walls in glass cases.

“Welcome!” Though he could not see at first, the tuxedo-clad speaker approached the young man from behind one of the cases. “I bid you good day. Are you the challenger?”

“Yes.” His voice quivered, conveying against his will the unease he felt.

“Very well! I see you decided to come well-dressed for this very momentous occasion.” Though the butler had meant this as a compliment, the comment on the young man’s clothes---besides the lab coat, a well-matched blue tie and shirt with pale red pants---made him even more nervous. Nevertheless, the butler had long since turned and pressed an intercom button on the wall nearby. “Miss Anabel, the next challenger has come.”

“Yes...” came a female voice from the other end of the line.

Mere moments later the double doors opposite the entrance opened. A girl, probably about the same age as the challenger, stepped out, her purple hair glinting in the light of the fluorescent bulbs above. That purple also appeared on her clothing in various hues, save for her white socks and black shoes.

“The owner of the Battle Tower,” announced the girl’s butler, “Salon Maiden Anabel!”

The girl, Anabel, merely stepped forth with overwhelming calmness and lightly bowed to her challenger.

“I assume you are Matt Hall, the challenger,” she said gently.

He nodded. “That would be me.”

“I welcome you to my Battle Tower, then. I’ve been watching you climb the ranks here... that, and the other Frontier Brains have kept me well-informed of your progress. I’ve looked forward to facing you for some time. Enju... kindly advise him of the rules.”

“Yes, right away, m’lady. Honored challenger, the battles we conduct here are three-on-three Single Battles. You may switch your Pokémon at any time you wish, she may not. The person with the last Pokémon standing at the conclusion of this battle will be the winner, and if it’s you, my young friend, you will be awarded an Ability Symbol.”

“Well,” Anabel said, taking a step forward, “are you prepared? Are you ready to face destiny?”

Matt’s insides shuddered in an attack of nerves. Finally, though, he managed to weakly answer, “Yes. I am...”

“Very well. Let’s get started, shall we?”

Enju had since moved to a box spaced in between the two opposing trainers. “Let us begin!” he cried. “The challenger, Matt of Cerulean City, versus the Salon Maiden, Anabel!”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Pkmn Trainer Matt ---vs.--- Salon Maiden Anabel
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Gently fingering the three Poké Balls in his possession, Matt mumbled to himself, “You guys have shown me through a lot of rough battles here...” He then settled on one. “But I think I’ll start with you. Let’s go, Metagross!”

Matt threw the ball, and after it burst open in a shimmering display of light, there remained a four-legged silver beast, an iron cross covering its face and two beady red eyes.

“Ah, a Metagross. I’m guessing you’re a Psychic-type enthusiast like me? Let’s see what you can do with it. Alakazam, go!”

The Pokémon deployed by Anabel as her first selection was yellow in color and foxlike in appearance, possessing a long moustache and two spoons in its hands.

“The first match is Matt’s Metagross versus Anabel’s Alakazam. Begin!”

“Alright!” Matt cried out, seizing the first move without hesitation. “Bullet Punch!”

With speed matching that of its trainer, Metagross retracted its four legs, the tips of which began glowing bright white, and spun its body straight for Alakazam. This hit went off cleanly, and left several large cuts behind on Alakazam’s body.

“Alakazam, Focus Blast!”

Recovering and shaking off the blow, Alakazam raised its two spoons into the air. Red energy like electricity flowed out of them and met above its head, forming a sphere that Alakazam soon thereafter flung from point-blank range at Metagross. There was an explosion, and despite Metagross’s immense weight it was thrown back several yards.

“Damn!” Matt thought. “If I stick to Bullet Punch, she’ll be able to beat me before I can bring her down. But of my other attacks...”

“Alakazam, keep attacking! Focus Blast!”

While Anabel’s Alakazam started charging up another Focus Blast, a sad sort of realization came into Matt’s eyes.

“We have to do this. Metagross, Explosion!”

Long before Alakazam could attack, Metagross released a massive blast of energy from its body. The power of this was completely overwhelming, sending great gusts of wind in all directions. Matt’s coat blew forcefully behind him, Anabel’s hair got disheveled, and Enju’s coattails didn’t like the wind either. The smoke of this blast took some time to dissipate, but when it did, both Pokémon had long since fainted.

“The first round is a tie. Both Metagross and Alakazam have fainted.”

As both sides recalled their fallen Pokémon, Anabel grinned. “That was a gutsy move of you. As for me, I think I’ll try a slightly different strategy this time. Slowking, go!”

Next for Anabel, a pink creature resembling an upright hippopotamus, one with a white and red ruffle around its neck and a majestic seashell crown on its head.

“A Slowking. I’ve seen plenty of those, so I’d say it’s a good choice. However... I think my choice is better. Let’s go, Porygon-Z!”

Matt’s second Pokémon, meanwhile, had a deceptively simple appearance: a blue and red egg-shaped body, elongated blue egg shapes forming two arms and a tail, and a similarly-colored duck-billed head. The fact its eyes were colored green and black was about the only odd thing about it.

“Matt’s Porygon-Z versus Anabel’s Slowking. Begin!”

“Thunderbolt!”

Immediately going on the attack, Porygon-Z loosed a strong blast of electric energy, shocking Slowking---which was part Water-type---mightily. A few burn marks were left behind but other than that, Slowking weathered the attack well.

“Electricity, so you’ve got electricity. I’ve got some of my own!”

A blue electric barrier surrounded Slowking’s body. Moments later, arcs of current emerged from this barrier, coursing into Porygon-Z’s body and numbing it in paralysis.

“Hmph...that does make it a little harder.... Dark Pulse!”

“Calm Mind.”

Porygon-Z began collecting dark energy in the form of rings that were forming in front of it, but due to the paralysis, Slowking had no trouble in acting first. By the time Porygon-Z was able to launch its attack, Slowking had long since closed its eyes and begun glowing green, gathering strength of its own. That strength severely dulled the power of Dark Pulse.

“Oh great... this is just great... I guess you have to try Thunderbolt again, then!”

This time, the paralysis completely immobilized Porygon-Z, rendering it unable to make its attack, in turn causing Matt to growl under his breath in frustration.

“Water Pulse, Slowking!”

Using the strength from its last move to also fuel its attacking power, Slowking released sonic rings of water from its mouth, which pulsated into Porygon-Z and made its body shudder from the force.

“We’re near defeat... this isn’t good. Porygon-Z, take one last ditch effort and try Thunderbolt!”

Finally managing to overcome its weakness, Porygon-Z was able to electrocute Slowking one more time, inflicting more damage and leaving more burns.

“Time to finish this, Slowking. Surf!”

Letting out a great yawn, Slowking called down a great wave that crashed over the battlefield. There was no chance Porygon-Z could have avoided this attack, and it was easily defeated.

“Matt’s Porygon-Z is defeated. The winner is Anabel’s Slowking!”

Matt took a shallow, bitter breath as he sent Porygon-Z back to the confines of its ball. “I can’t lose this. Not after all the hard work I’ve put in to climb this Tower. Not after six other facilities of effort...not... not ever! Souseiseki, go and win this battle for me!”

The challenger’s final Pokémon took on a humanoid form, a blue blade dividing its green hair, while its head was white. Its chest and bladed arms were also green. Though called Souseiseki, this Pokémon was a Gallade.

“Matt’s Gallade versus Anabel’s Slowking. Begin!”

“I think I can actually win this with one hit. Leaf Blade, go!”

Springing forward on its supple legs, Souseiseki drew back its right arm blade---which had begun glowing an even brighter shade of green---then used it to deliver a mighty cut to Slowking’s midsection. The slash-mark left behind also was green-tinged, and it caused Slowking to wail out in pain before falling forward to the ground, leaving Anabel for a change to be the one with a flash of panic on her face.

“Anabel’s Slowking has gone down. This matchup’s winner is Matt’s Gallade!”

“All right, Souseiseki!” Matt rejoiced, embracing his Pokémon. “We’re that close now!”

“You know...” said Anabel quietly, “...not too many challengers manage to push me this far. But you have... I’m pleased it’s been this much fun, but...” The Frontier Brain pulled out one last Poké Ball and threw it. “It ends now!”

Matt completely wasn’t ready for what Anabel called out, and his face showed it. It was another human-shaped Pokémon, almost an identical twin to Souseiseki, except distinctly much, much more feminine.

“The final battle shall be Matt’s Gallade versus Anabel’s Gardevoir. Begin!”

“Gardevoir, Calm Mind!”

Much like Slowking had earlier in the battle, Gardevoir closed its eyes and began humming quietly while its body took on a green shine.

At first, this move left Matt confused, but he quickly realized something. “I was fearing Thunder Wave... but she would have used it right away if she had it! Souseiseki, Bulk Up!”

In response to Gardevoir’s move, Souseiseki flexed its arms and took a red glow, gathering strength of its own.

Now it was Anabel’s turn to try and deduce her opponent’s move. “He knows I don’t have Thunder Wave, I can tell. I can only think one thing... he’s planning to end this with one big decisive blow! I guess we’ll have to do the same... Gardevoir, continue using Calm Mind!”

“Bulk Up!”

“Calm Mind!”

“Bulk Up!!”

“CALM MIND!!!”

The tense standoff just got more heated by the moment, both Pokémon having their respective energy-gathering glow getting brighter and brighter. Their constant voices also got louder and rougher, until soon, the lights were blinding to everyone in the room and nothing could be heard either.

It was at this time that Anabel finally decided to act. “Enough, Gardevoir! Shadow Ball!”

After finally opening its eyes Gardevoir extended its arms, forming a dark, purple-and-black energy ball between them. It took a few seconds to let the sphere gather up its strength, then Gardevoir flung it for where Souseiseki had last been standing prior to the blinding light, causing a great explosion.

“Cough... Matt’s Souseiseki... has gone dow...?!”

Surprisingly, when the smoke of the blast cleared, standing there was... nothing. Souseiseki had vanished.

“Now, Souseiseki!” Matt called out with a wide smile. “Bring it all down! Night Slash!”

A swift cry of “Galla!” came down from the ceiling, where Souseiseki had actually escaped to without notice just before Shadow Ball was launched, using the light from Bulk Up as a cover. Souseiseki drew back both its blades as it bulleted for Gardevoir, both of them taking on a crackling black electric energy. Upon reaching the floor Souseiseki delivered a swift and mighty double-slash attack, leaving horrible black cut marks crossed across Gardevoir’s chest.

Moaning weakly, Gardevoir looked up and let one silver tear roll from its eye---then fell to its knees, moaned again, and fainted.

“A-Anabel’s Gardevoir is defeated! The round winner is Souseiseki, and Matt wins the battle!”

“... I lost. Waiting here at the top of the Tower for you was well worth it.”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Matt let out a great cheer as he embraced Souseiseki. “We did it! We finally did it, after all our hard work!”

“Gallade, galla. Gallade!”

“Well done, I applaud you!” Anabel said, approaching the two while clapping gently. Enju followed her closely behind. “That was a brilliant battle. I’ve not gotten so worked up for a single battle in a very, very long time.”

“You have earned Lady Anabel’s respect,” Enju added calmly. “One who obtains that respect is... truly one to be admired.”

“On that note, Enju, present him with his reward, if you would.”

“Yes. As your reward for coming to the Battle Tower, scaling it and defeating Lady Anabel in battle, you, Matt Hall, are awarded...” Enju produced a gold disc with an elagonated pyramid logo from his coat pocket. “...the Ability Symbol.”

Matt accepted the symbol from Enju, then placed it into his Frontier Pass, which was now full.

“All right! I’ve won the entire Battle Frontier!”

Anabel and Enju looked on as Matt raised his arms into the air in triumph, having done something very few people would ever hope to accomplish. They let him bask in his glory for as long as he wanted...

That Final Battle...

Ivan Hoshikawa: This is our...last-minute-ish entry. My friend and I were writing this and we kinda lost some of our saved data. That's why we spent 5 hours rewriting. T.T

ArcBlazeon: I wanted to make it more poignant, but there wasn't enough room. I'm sorry I couldn't add the painful feelings.

Fic name: That Final Battle
POV: Opal
Battle: Opal (Challenger) versus Ivan (Champion, hey, she made me do it)
Words: Uhhhh...1941 on Word, 1991 on OpenOffice. Gah.
-----

Standing 20 yards apart, about to start our Pokemon battle, I nervously tug at my sensible pink plaid jacket, briefly running my hand over my 6 Poké Balls attached to my waist.

He’s smirking, fairly confident of his win. I smile wanly. I know that there’s a very small chance of me winning, but I won’t go down without kicking and screaming. I was going to make him think about this battle for a long time!

“3-on-3, right?” I ask him.

“Yup. Are you ready?” He smirks again, something I’m tired of already. His long hair lifts around his head in a halo for a moment, caught in the wind. There was no way I was going to wimp out on a boy with girl hair, however strong he was supposed to be.

I finger a Poké Ball, holding it in front of my face, and enlarge it. I mutter a quick prayer, then toss it. Espeon, my pride and joy, gracefully leaps out, then settling into a feline pose. I smile widely, knowing that she won’t let me down. I had her since she was an Eevee, many years ago. We knew each other better than anyone.

“Espeon, eh?” Ivan contemptuously spins his Poké Ball on his finger, actually quite well. “Well, it won’t stand a chance against my Absol.” With those words, his Absol tumbles out, ducking into a battle stance immediately. I have to admit, it was really well trained. This was going to be interesting.

“Espeon,” I mutter, trying to avoid Ivan’s ears, “Your psychic moves won’t work against Absol. You need to go for physical attacks.” She nods, understanding perfectly. Joy swells up in my heart. She’s such an intelligent girl.

“Crunch.” Ivan commands, and it obeys. Fangs bared, the Pokémon closes in on my Espeon. I tense, watching as my Eeveelution sits there, calm and collected. At the very last moment, she ducks, Absol’s muzzle brushing against her back, then Headbutts. Ivan’s Pokémon is thrown off, bruised but still alert.

“To be expected of you, I suppose, Opal.” He murmurs, almost to himself, “To redirect my attack with an attack normally weak when used by Espeon. But I'm sure you know me far better. Absol, use Faint Attack.”

I tense, afraid for my Espeon. She avoids the first maneuver, but it soon becomes a dance, because she can sense the movement of Absol with her forked tail, and dodge a millisecond before the hit. Although my Espeon was blessed in speed, Absol soon puts in its inevitable attack, badly injuring my Pokemon. I grind my teeth, frustrated by the turn of events. I had to retreat.

“Espeon, return!” I call her back, saving her and letting her rest for later.

“Oh, scared?” Ivan’s tone makes me more determined than before. He and his girly hair… I wouldn’t lose to that.

I send out my trusty Ivysaur. I know that he’s capable, and can defeat Absol in its current condition. That Headbutt earlier was a critical-hit, luckily. I whisper a quick idea to him, before straightening up to look back at my opponent, giving him another evaluation. I wasn’t wrong about my previous analysis, but I was hoping to find a crack in Ivan somewhere.

As I was looking over my opponent, Ivysaur had started its attack. He quickly wrapped Absol, and although it was Biting at the vines, it was going nowhere, fast. Still holding it, he started a Sunny Day, the clouds above us breaking up, allowing a small sliver of sunlight to envelope the field.

“I see what you’re planning,” Ivan smiles grimly, looking a bit less Stu-ish, “But, the question is, will my Absol break free before your Solarbeam hits?”

I smile back. “Let’s see, shall we?”

The sun’s energy is swirling into the flower bud on Ivysaur’s back, glowing brighter by the second. Even though there is lots of sunlight, it still takes precious time. Absol starts to thrash harder, the vines shredding at a rapid rate. Suddenly, Absol is free, but not quite fast enough. Because of the struggle, its head was moved directly into the Solarbeam, instantly knocking it out.

“Bah!” He glares at me, hair waving, accusing me of hurting his precious Absol. Recalling the unconscious Pokémon, he retorts, “That was only one. See if you find this Pokémon as easy to knock down!”

In a flashy manner, he releases his next Pokemon. Lucario. As it emerged, it was doing some kind of odd...dance. I’m not sure of his strategy with this one yet, but I try to think carefully. Lucario is a strong Pokemon, and I’m not too certain how I’m going to defeat it. I decide to repeat the move.

“Go ahead, Ivysaur. Use Solarbeam again!”

“Baaad move.” Ivan warns. Regardless, he’s happy at my mistake.
His Lucario dashes forward at an incredible rate, bouncing off rocks as support, and leaving dust-piles in its wake. My poor Ivysaur stands no chance, and gets toppled over with no idea with what hit him. I see a faint, reddish glow around one of Lucario’s fists, and I realize what’s about to happen.

“Watch out!!” I shriek, but to no avail. The Fire Punch scorches Ivysaur, and he goes limp. I sigh tearfully, and quickly rush over to use a Revive.

“You’re breaking the rules.” Ivan coldly looks toward me. “I hope you realize this means I win-”

“Oh, shut up!” I snap at him. “I’m not planning on using Ivysaur again, I’m trying to keep it from unnecessary pain.” Really, he was a jerk.

Disgust wells up inside of me, and I return Ivysaur to his Poké Ball. Its reward for trying its best would have to wait. I chew on my lip, not sure what to send out next. I was fairly confident I knew what his last Pokémon would be, but I couldn’t take chances in a battle like this. This girly-haired trainer would rather kill than admit defeat.

Coming to a decision, aware of Ivan’s gaze boring a hole into me, I carefully detach the Poké Ball from my belt. I polish it for a moment, take a deep breath, then drop the sphere, watching it roll and bounce. After a few seconds, it starts to shake, then seems to explode. I smile, recognizing the flair of my classy Pokémon.

A thick Mist appears, obscuring the arrival. I squint, but even I can’t make out the familiar silhouette.

“What the…” Ivan trails off, eyes widening in disbelief. “No way!”

I had unleashed one of my most impressive Pokémon.

“That’s right. Ivan, meet my Togekiss.” I give a broad, confident grin. Togekiss was simply amazing. I couldn’t wait to see how Lucario would fare.

“Alright Togekiss, you know what to do.” I didn’t need to instruct, we had gone over the same pattern of attacks with assured victory.

Lucario doesn’t have a chance to defend itself as an Aura Sphere crashes into it. It tries to evade the Aura Spheres raining down on it, but I knew that it was an unavoidable move. This round should end quickly.

Through the rolling Mist, I see Ivan’s expression clear, and I start to worry. Did I make a mistake somehow?

“You forgot something, Opal. I thought you were more aware than that.” His trademark smirk, then his face hardens. “Lucario, sense its aura.”

Lucario starts to shimmer blue along its frame, and suddenly dashes forward, scraping Togekiss’s belly with an Ice Punch. Faintly, I can see Togekiss trying to fly higher, but the Lucario dragged it back down.

I continue to watch, stomach trembling, as they play Persian and Pichu, with my Pokémon not the Persian. Lucario manages to get in a couple more decent Ice Punches, and Togekiss looks like its going to crash out of the air any second.

“You should give up,” Ivan’s voice floated oddly out of the Mist, “Your Pokémon is very weak.”

“No way!” I tell my Togekiss its first move this battle. “Use Roost!”

Togekiss’s vague form is enveloped in a feathery-patterned white glow. Circling higher, it lets out a happy cry, ready to show-up Lucario.

“Now use that move we’ve been working on, Togekiss!”

Lucario tries to jump to the side, but the dampness caused by the Mist causes it to slip. The Fire Blast hits it straight in the chest, the heat evaporating the Mist, allowing me to see Ivan clearly.

His face is distorted in anger at the loss of his second Pokémon, and he focuses a glare on me. I feel sad, rather than frightened. What had made him this way? “Very well then,” He sighs slightly, “Pikachu, let’s finish this.”

I knew it! His Pokémon choices were predicable, although very unlike his battle strategy. I had no clue why he had picked Pikachu, only that he would. Maybe if I asked him directly…

“Why not Rhyperior?” I question, trying to make him expose his strategy a little.

“There are more to Pokémon that types.” He replies easily, “You won’t be winning this battle. Pikachu, Volt Tackle!”

Oh no… “Togekiss, Aura Sphere! Quickly now!”

I knew that Aura Sphere was bound to hit, but what would move faster? Pikachu was gaining ground, and the Aura Sphere was taking time to charge. Togekiss wasn’t going to survive that Volt Tackle. That mouse was strong.

It was going to be close. I force myself to look on, as the Aura Sphere is released, and watch as they draw close. Pikachu gets hit, mere inches from Togekiss, and the electricity from it combines with the sphere to throw up a gigantic dust-cloud.

I double over, coughing hard. I don’t hear any coughing from Ivan, however. Then, a loud wail erupts. Pikachu’s battle cry. Togekiss was done for.

“CHUUU!!”

Finally, the dust settles. I feel my stomach tie up in knots. I see my Pokémon, eyes closed.

“Good job.” I whisper, returning the exhausted flying type to its Poké Ball.

“That’s that. Looks like you lost. It was fun, I’ll grant you that.” Ivan is about to recall his Pikachu, but I interrupt him.

“Wait a second! This battle isn’t over yet. I still have my Espeon. She didn’t faint, I just recalled her!”

“If you wish to continue, very well.” Ivan stares back up at me, not that unkindly either, and lowers the Poké Ball. Relief surges through me. At least I could finish the battle… and some of his old personality was still there.

Espeon and Pikachu face each other, much like their trainers standing behind them. I guess that they have enough energy to perform one attack each. Ivan’s eyes meet mine, and we shout simultaneously…

“Espeon! Psychic!”

“Pikachu! Thunderbolt!”

The two attacks meet dead-on, creating a cloud of smoke, and blasting rocks in all directions. Again, the battlefield is obscured, leaving it all to the Pokémon. I feel hopelessness overwhelm me.

I heard the sound of a scuffle, but I couldn’t make out was happening. Slowly, the smoke cleared, and in the center was my Espeon, standing above the unconscious Pikachu, injured but strong.

“It looks like you finally won, Opal.” Ivan looks up at me, but there is no trace of bitterness in his face. “Thank you for this battle. Truly.”

“I… won?” I couldn’t believe it. This was momentous.

“There are more to Pokemon than types. Your Espeon really must love you, for a physical attack like Return to work so well. I am glad....” He begins to walk away, without even a wave. I rush over and pick up Espeon, laughing. We had done it. We had defeated Ivan, the Elite Four Champion.

---

Ivan: A-a-a-and that's all folks! Oh, and Arc wanted me to save the E4 Champ part for last. I think she's writing a full length fic about this...

Title: Taking the Challenge on the Snow Day

Characters: Mike: Mike is sort if based on me a bit since my nickname is Mike, my real name being Mike. I sort of made him almost an anime version of me and this is what I brought into the story I am about to show you. He wears very dark clothes and has quite a dull personality with him keeping his distance from people and never handing around them unless nessecery. He also has a fondness for Fire and Dark type Pokemon which is reflected in the way he battles. He only ever strives to beat Jim in a battle, the reason being Mike started his journey almost two years after Jim and as such Mike was never able to beat him and this is now his life’s passion.
Jim: Jim is based on my own brother although his name is James (colourfully) and well I designed him to be almost an opposite in philosophy and training of his Pokemon as well as his polar opposite on personality. Mike and Jim used to be old rivals before Jim started in the Hoenn Region Academy as a Professor and since then he has grown smarter in the role.

Pokemon: Arcanine (Arcanine has been one of my faves since the early days and every episode he has been in he has been loyal to his trainer, that combined with him being a fire type makes him one of my all time faves), Tauros (Tauros I like basically because he is a ferocious in battle and a powerful brawler but I also like him because in the episodes he appears in he always causes a rampage or some sort of other comic relief in it), Charizard (Charizard is probably my favourite Pokemon of all he is a fire type as well as a flying type but the best part is that he looks like a dragon and battles like one also. He is the best of the Kanto starters as well as the best Fire starter overall). I also included Hitmonlee, Ninetales and Swampert for reasons you will see below.

After Notes: I know that this story is a little longer than it ought to be and if it doesn’t qualify then at least know that I gave it my best shot but I couldn’t squash it down anymore. Anyway I would like to say thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any questions then please ask.

Words: 2,318

Mike entered the Pokemon Battlefield in a grumpy mood as usual. The Audience were pretty quiet when Mike went onto the battlefield that was designed for students who had received Pokemon inside their training. “OK today is the time for me to win, today is the day” he said to himself. Mike is a Pokemon trainer 18 years old. He is not the most polite person you could know but he was a good trainer at heart.

“Would you all be quiet” asked a voice from the other side of the stadium. The sunlight was quite bright in the sky but there was still snow lying on the ground. The other trainer as Mike knew him as put his hands on his hips and then said to Mike from across the battlefield, “Mike I appreciate you coming over all this way to Hoenn to help train the sudents with this battle and I am sure that all the adults will enjoy it as well” he said as he removed his sun glasses. Jim was a very intelligent teacher and specialised in Pokemon and their types and attacks.

“Don’t get too carried away I did this so that I could challenge you, and challenge you I will” said Mike. The Audience riled themselves up by shouting “fight, fight, fight” in a mixture of voices coming students from ten to sixteen years old and some adults who were teachers and some teenagers who were also trainers.

Mike flipped the Pokeball in his hands for a few seconds before saying “OK Lets start this thing, I was very disappointed when you became a Teacher here since I never got the chance to beat you in the Indigo League but this will be my chance to change that” he said through clenched teeth. Mike was not in reality angry but he did have a sour resentment of Jim simply because he was always a better trainer than he was for a very long time. Jim stood at the other side of the field for a minute as he pulled a Pokeball out of his pocket. He seemed to be thinking deeply for a second before he said “I see Mike, I had no idea that our old rivalry had affected you so much”. He finally set the Pokeball in his hand.

“Ok then lets start the battle” roared Jim to Serena, a young woman named Serena. Serena held up her hand and then bowed her head. “Ladies, Gentleman and Children of all ages the Hoenn Academy proudly brings you this exhibition match between our own beloved teacher Jim…” she paused as quite a few members of the student body cheered for him. Jim put up his hand to quieten them down a bit. Serena continued for a second and then said “….and a trainer from the Kanto Region named Mike” she said. Mike did not bother to do anything to the booing audience since he had expected this kind of reaction. Jim however was not taking any of the nonsense as he roared out to the crowd “show some respect to visitors of this school or else you will have me to deal with”. A few seconds after he was done he nodded to Serena to continue. “This will be a three on three match and there will be no time limit, as per the rules only Mike will be allowed to substitute Pokemon from the request made by Jim earlier today” she concluded.

Mike shook his fist in anger, it wasn’t that he did not appreciate the gesture of respect from Jim but he wanted this to be a fair match all the way with neither of them getting unfair advantages over the other. If you think that this is going to make you look good or that I am going to fall for this then you are dead wrong Jim, if you are not going to switch then I won’t thought Mike to himself as he looked at Serena for the indication to start the match. As he expected Serena shouted “Let this battle begin now”. He knew that this might be one of his last chances for a long time to beat him and he was going to take full advantage. “Go Tauros” roared Mike as he felt the Pokeball go out of his hand and his the ground in the Pokemon battlefield. Mike held his breath as out came his Pokemon Tauros, a giant wild bull Pokemon. Tauros stamped the ground and snorted slightly. It looked physically ready to battle and to dish out some damage. A couple of the teachers in the audience took notes and photos of it. “I figured that you would use a power Pokemon, Mike you never changed” he said as he too tossed a Pokeball into the stadium. “I choose you Hitmonlee” shouted Jim as out came a brown Pokemon with some serious looking legs. “Hitmonnnn”.

“OK Tauros use Horn Attack” roared Mike as Tauros snorted and then charged into Hitmonlee with a fury that seemed to resemble that of Mike. Jim waited for a second or two as the crown sharply inhaled at what seemed like the same time. “Pure Power is nothing here, Hitmonlee jump away into the air and then come back down for a Jump Kick” said Jim quite calmly. Hitmonlee nodded and then waiting until the last second jumped out the way sending Tauros into a halt a short distance away. Mike looked up to the sky where the sun blinded him for a second. Hitmonlee came down and with a kick that seemed to hit like a fighting Pokemon should. Tauros flew a couple of feet as it was hit by the giant kick of Hitmonlee. Mike felt stupid now. Tauros might have the advantage of speed but Hitmonlee has the advantage of agility and also jumping power. “Taorus are you OK to keep on” asked Mike as he looked to Tauros. Tauros let out another growl and then stamped his feet. Mike nodded and then shouted “Tauros use your Take-Down attack” roared Mike as Tauros dashed off into Hitmonlee again. This time Mike was sure that Tauros would hit the target as he did because for some odd reason Jim had made no attention to try and dodge. As Tauros was about to ram into Hitmonlee Jim said “Hitmonlee use your Counter attack”. As he did Hitmonlee stiffened and then suddenly put up a white forcefield in front of him. Tauros rammed into it and into Hitmonlee who took some considerable damage but as he did Tauros also took some damage from some unseen force. Mike looked in horror as Tauros fell a few feet from him.

Jim smiled and then said “Nice work Hitmonlee I wouldn’t expect anything less from you” he said as the fighting Pokemon looked ready for more. Mike had already recalled Tauros and as he got another Pokeball out he muttered so that only Jim could hear “I am not going down without a fight, this has not ended yet” and threw the ball and out came none other than Arcanine. Arcanine let out a fierce growl and looked ready. Jim did not look concerned. He crushed a grain of snow under his foot and then said “Hitmonlee ready now use High Jump Kick” he roared. Hitmonlee launched himself into the air and then proceeded to try and kick Arcanine with his large feet. Mike seen this coming from last time and then order Arcanine with “Arcanine move with Extreme Speed and then on the way back into a Flame Wheel”. Arcanine waited until the last second and then moving at a blur went in a large circle and on the way back turned into a ball of fire hit into Hitmonlee with it. Hitmonlee finally shook himself free of the flames and then fell into the ground in defeat. Jim then ran over to Hitmonlee and whispered to him “You did well with yourself Hitmonlee return”. In a flash of red energy Hitmonlee was back in the ball.

“This is turning into a good battle and it would not be very good for me to beat you all in one turn, go Ninetales” said Jim. Mike looked horrified as the white nine tailed fox Pokemon appeared on the field. He had seen it in battle and it would be vicious and what made it tougher was it was also a fire Pokemon although a female one. “Arcanine we have to end this quickly use your Take Down” said Mike not wanting to waste a beat. Swiftly as before Arcanine was off in a flash toward Ninetales. “Ninetales avoid that and then strike back with Confuse Ray” said Jim as he crossed his arms. “Nine…” said Ninetales as she dodged Arcanine’s vicious blow. She then turned graceful as a dancer and shot out a wave of rainbow colored light from her body. Arcanine turned just in time to get hit by it. He waved his head a few times and then proceeded to run into the wall that was on the other side of the stadium that made up a part of the Academy. Mike quickly recalled the confused dog Pokemon and then stared at it without really seeing. Arcanine was one of his best Pokemon and it was hard to see it lose to Ninetales. “If you want then you can give up now” said Jim smiling very slyly. Mike was not ready to give up and got out one last Pokeball. “You’re my last nope buddy, go ahead Kai” said Mike as he threw the Pokeball and out came a Charizard. It was no normal Charizard it was Black and Red all over. Jim moved his glasses and then said “I see you were able to get your Charmander to evolve and a nickname….” He did not finish. “Ninetales use Confuse Ray” said Jim as Ninetales shot out the same rainbow colored beam as before. “I don’t think so, Kai fly up” said Mike as Kai took off from the ground and hovered above them all. “Kai use your Dragon Rage” said Mike as Kai shot out a ball of blazing red at Ninetales. Ninetales was hit by it from not having time to respond from the last attack. It erupted in a haze of smoke.

Jim looked very concerned for Ninetales now and had a snarl on his face as if this battle had awakened something inside him. “Ninetales….” He said as when the smoke cleared Kai had landed and Ninetales was on the ground knocked out. Jim recalled her and then looked at his last Pokeball with a fierce scowl. “OK then if you bring out your starter then I shall bring out mine” said Jim as he threw it and shouted “Come on out Swampert”. Mike felt his mouth drop as the large water Pokemon came out. It was a water type Kai’s greatest weaknes. “Kai fly now” said Mike as Kai growled and took off. Swampert looked up and then said “Swamppp”. Jim also looked up and then said “Use Water Gun”. Fast as lightning Swampert fired up a blast of water from his mouth up at Kai and hit him dead centre. Kai hit the ground with a large crash. The crowd had been quiet all the way through but they burst out cheering now. “Kai use your Flamethrower” said Mike as Kai opened his mouth and shot out a burst of flames. They hit Swampert but for some reason he was unharmed. Mike was not surprised at this but said to Kai “up into the air and then come back down for the Iron Tail” he said. Kai flew up as fast as he could with his remaining energy and then came back down as he was about to slam his tail into Swampert. Jim smiled and then said “Double or nothing Iron Tail” and with that Swampert also lit up his tail in metal and both of them collided. Kai flew back up and into the air again but this time was careful not to stay in one place. “Kai I think it is time to finish this Dragon Rage” said Mike as Kai once again opened his maw and shot out a fireball of immense power.

“Not going to happen” said Jim as Swampert shot out a blast of mud from his mouth. It was not powerful enough for damage but the attack was much quicker than Kai’s and the Dragon Rage exploded close to Kai. “Kai you have to get up” said Mike. Kai fell to the ground once again. Jim moved his glasses and then said “Finishing time, Swampert use Surf”. Swampert suddenly conjured up a large wave from seemingly out of nowhere that rushed into Kai at full force. When the wave had came away from the battlefield Kai was revealed to have been knocked out by it. Jim smiled widely as he put up his hand and recalled Swampert as the crowd cheered from him. “Nice work Kai, thanks” said Mike as he also recalled Kai and fell to his knees. He looked at the ground for a few seconds before he seen a hand in front of him offering him a hand to help him up and to his surprise it was Jim. Mike shoved the hand away and got up himself which got an angry stare from Jim. Mike let his face turn from angry to a sort of smile before extending his hand and saying “Thank you for a good battle”. Jim turned to a smile and said “thank you for it also, I hope to battle again” he said as he took Mike’s hand.

Both trainers left the battlefield to be cheered by the crowd. Mike said to himself This is not the last time we battle I shall win next time….

This is the topic in which you have to post your fanfic right? the people that appear are: Jasper (that's me and thus the starring), Ricky: MY opponent. Noam: My best friend. Emma: a girl I (thus Jasper) have a crush on. MC: He's just the mc. My pokémon are Vileplume, gardevoir and Sceptile (and absol, but he doesn't fight) and Ricky's pokemon are Bellossom, Gallade and Lucario. Here it comes:

Title: The Finals of the Shubertrode battle tournament

MC: “Here we are today in the finale of the Shubertrode battle tournament, where Jasper and Ricky will battle for being the champion!” The audience clapped, and the MC continued. “It’ll be a threatening 3 vs. 3 battle, and only 1 person can win. But before we start, let’s look at the greatest moments of the two contestants!” First my moments were shown on the giant TV. The scene of my Absol taking down Michelle’s Infernape with a critical hit Stone Edge. Yeah, that was the hardest battle yet. Because I had seen all those fragments already I looked to Noam and Emma, my friends, who sat on the VIP bench. Noam was flirting with some girl, but Emma waved at me, and I waved back. Seeing Emma gave me the feeling I could do it. “Are you ready? Set, GO!” the MC yelled. The battle started.
“Go, Vilepume!” I spoke, and Vileplume seemed as eager to win as I. “Go Bellossom, defeat that lousy Vileplume!” Ricky said. For some reason Ricky’s Pokémon seem just as evil ad he is, and this was no exception. “Since you can’t make up your mind I’ll attack first, Bellossom use Sunny Day!” Bellossom hopped around saying her name while holding a stone, probably a heat rock, and the sun started to shine. “HA, Bellossom is even faster now!” Ricky said. “So is Vileplume” I said, “Vileplume, use Gastro Acid.” Vileplume started getting hiccups and then he spewed a gross-looking green acid on Bellossom, who tried to avoid it but couldn’t. “Gross,” Ricky said, “you just wait, I’ll get you for this!” Since energy ball works bad on Bellossom, and Sludge bomb great, I already knew my next move. “Vileplume, use sludge bomb!” I told Vileplume. Yup, a purple sticky kind of poison was shot from Vileplume’s mouth and it hit Bellossom in her face. “you think you’re so fast don’t you?” Ricky said angrily. “Well then, take this! Stun Spore!”. The flowers on Bellossom’s head started to spin, Bellossom did a back flip and yellow dust came out of the flowers. Vileplume suddenly couldn’t move anymore, it was paralyzed. “Let’s see who’s the fastest now.” Ricky laughed at me. “Bellossom use Solarbeam! No wait use Hidden Power!” Bellossom started to dance the sunny day dance again, but this time all kind of little orbs floated around her and they hit Vileplume. “Vileplume doesn’t like this super effective hidden power does he?” Ricky laughed again. “Aromatherapy Vileplume!” I said. “Aaaaah, I love the smell of aromatherapy…” I said. MC: “The whole audience seem to like this wonderful smell…” According to Noam, Emma then whispered that she liked the smell of it as much as she liked me, but he is probably messing with me, because he knows I like Emma. Anyway, Vileplume completely recovered from its paralysis. “And now some straightforward sweeping…” I said, “ Vileplume, use Sludge bomb again!” Bellossom took the sludge bomb, I took another hidden power. “All right Vileplume, use the sludge bomb one more time!” I said, and the sludge bomb landed right in Bellossom’s face. “Gosh darn it! You’re not going to beat me!” Ricky said. MC: Bellossom is down, does this mean that Jasper is going to win? “Go Jasper, I know you can do this!” “Please win for me…” Noam and Emma said respectively. “It means nothing at all!” Ricky said. “Go Gallade!” “Talk about a coincidence…” I muttered, and then I let Vileplume fire an energy ball at Gallade. The green energy seemed stronger on this grass field outside. BAM, it hit Gallade. But Gallade didn’t seem to care. “Psycho cut, and you better make him faint or else…!” Ricky said to Gallade. Gallade closed it eyes for a second, then its swords grew pink, it ran to Vileplume and hit it. MC: “Vileplume fainted! Ricky is making a comeback…” “I’m sorry Vileplume, but good job.” I told Vileplume. “Go Gardevoir! Come on dude, I know you can win this…”

MC: Jasper sent out his Gardevoir, will she make any difference?” “It’s a HE!” I yelled angrily at the MC. Ricky saw his change and started to taunt me. “You sure his a guy? I’ve never seen a guy wear a dress before” Ricky laughed. “anyway use a swords dance Gallade!” Swords appeared around Gallade and he stepped right, stepped left and did a spin while the swords moved around him. “Use will-o-wisp Gardevoir!” I said, and Gardevoir spun around while blue flames formed around him, which then were fired at Gallade. “Burned!” I said jokingly to Ricky, who didn’t seem to like my joke. Gallade’s elbow-swords were on fire, which prevented him of attacking as well as before. “Gallade, do another swords dance!” Ricky ordered Gallade. Gallade used the same dance as before. “Hmmm, should I use Psychic or Shadow ball?” I wondered. Shadow ball seemed a better option, even if it didn’t get STAB. “Use Shadow Ball Gardevoir!” I ordered Gardevoir. Gardevoir looked for a shadowy spot, stretched his arm, closed his eyes, and drew shadow from it, which he then turned into a ball and shot at Gallade. MC: “Ouch, that must have hurt.” Ricky told its Gallade: “Use another swords dance, you’ll be at maximum power then!” Gallade used the dance again, and looked overpowered, even with it’s elbow-swords on fire. “Oh dang, Jasper is dead…” I heard Noam say, While Emma looked at me with a “you can do it” look. And I knew I could, if I was going to use the right move. “Does Gardevoir have a last wish before it goes down?” Ricky asked me. “Yes, Gardevoir use wish.” I ordered Gardevoir. Gardevoir closed his eyes again, put its hands together and looked to the sky. A shooting star appeared in the sky. “Sweeping time, Gallade use close combat!” Ricky said. Gallade ran to Gardevoir, readied its burning swords, and started hitting Gardevoir, who didn’t seem to care actually. “Hmmm, I expected that to work better with maxed out attack… A well, I’ll just use something else next time….” “Shadow ball again Gardevoir!” I ordered Gardevoir. He drew shadows from shadowy spots, formed a black-purple ball, and shot it at Gallade. “Darn, I should have taught Night Slash to Gallade, but I’ll just use leaf blade instead” Ricky said. Gallade’s burning swords turned green and hit Gardevoir. “No! Are you ok Gardevoir?” Gardevoir seemed to have survived, but at low hp. MC: “Is this the end for Gardevoir? No wait, a shooting star, Gardevoir seems to be healthy again!” Gardevoir’s wish came true, and he had new power. “Use shadow ball again Gardevoir!” I said. Gallade got hit. “Use leaf blade again Gallade!” Ricky said. Gallade dashed towards Gardevoir, aimed and hit him right in the face! Critical hit. “That hit was really Critical!” Noam joked. “Not funny Noam!” I said him, and Emma didn’t seem to like the joke either. “Now we’re going to put an and to this Gardevoir, use your last shadow ball! The shadows formed into a ball, and hit Gallade, who collapsed after getting hit. MC: “Jasper won this round too! Will he win the entire match?” “Not on my duty” Ricky said “I’ll use Lucario!” An evil looking Lucario appeared on the field. “Use wish Gardevoir!” I said. “Use wish Gardevoir… Wish isn’t going to help you now” Ricky said. “Use dark pulse Lucario!” “Lucario, cario” Lucario said angrily, and instead of using dark pulse it charged up a red looking sphere. “No, not aura sphere! Dark pulse Lucario!” Lucario didn’t seem to listen and threw the red aura sphere…. at me. I just thought I was going to die, but then Gardevoir jumped before me to protect me. “GARDEVOIR! You ok?” I screamed, but Gardevoir had fainted. “What on earth?!” Noam yelled. “That isn’t allowed!” “Jasper are you all right?” Emma asked. “I’m ok” I responded “But Gardevoir fainted.” MC: Is everything all right there Ricky? “Yes, yes not a problem at all. Lucario’s emotions just rose to a fever pitch because he’s so excited to be here. he’ll be all right.
“Sceptile, if anyone can it would be you, go!” and there was my trusted starter Pokémon. “Sceptile start of with a hidden power!” but Lucario didn’t seem to even noticed he was attacked by the floating orbs. “oh, yeah… I forgot Sceptile has a rock hidden power…” I said. Then Ricky did something weird. “Lucario!” It yelled at Lucario. MC: “Wow, Lucario seemed to have come back to its senses from the trainers call!” “Weird, wish should already be here… Anyway use Dragon Pulse Sceptile, no wait, make that an energy ball!” I said. Which was my best option, since it would give STAB, and a bonus from Sceptile’s miracle seed, which made up for the fact that it worked bad on the steel type Lucario. “Lucario, use another Aura sphere!” Ricky ordered the fighting machine. Lucario charged up a ball again, but this time it was black, and shot it at Sceptile. “What’s this? First a red aura sphere and now a black one? Isn’t Aura Sphere supposed to be light blue?” Emma said. “Don’t be so skeptical” Noam said her, although I agreed with her. “Come on Sceptile, you can handle a little pain can’t you?” I said to Sceptile to comfort him. Use Energy ball! Sceptile drew power from the grass around him, and from his miracle seed too. Then he shot the ball to Lucario, who didn’t seem to like it. “Flash cannon Lucario” Ricky said. Lucario’s eyes glowed white, and he then shot a silver beam at Sceptile. Another Critical hit was made on Sceptile. “I’m so lucky today” Ricky said while doing a victory dance, but suddenly a shooting star appeared in the sky and healed Sceptile. MC: “This is strange, Gardevoir’s wish appeared very late… How’s that possible?” But I didn’t know either. It happened at right time, you can say that. “Energy ball Sceptile!” Lucario got hit again. “You start to annoy me Jasper, you know that?” Ricky said to me. “Use Aura sphere Lucario.” Lucario started to charge up the black aura into a sphere, but suddenly the sphere turned red and Lucario did nothing. “O gosh not again…” Ricky said. “Use Dragon pulse Sceptile, variation is good” I ordered Sceptile. Sceptile focused, and the roared. The dark blue pulse then went to Lucario and hit him. “I’m sick of this, I’m not calling you out again Lucario, use your most dreaded move of all. Use shadow Rush.” Ricky commanded Lucario. Lucario’s eyes turned black, he dashed towards Sceptile and hit him with a Critical hit. “Shadow Rush hits many more Critical hits in Hyper mode you know” Ricky said while smiling an evil smile. Noam: “It’s a shame, using shadow Pokémon… How low can you go?” “Jasper, please win for me…” Emma said. MC: “I’m sorry people, we can’t do anything about it. There isn’t a rule against using shadow Pokémon…” Sceptile was almost fainted, but because of this he started to grow. Sceptile became bigger then before. “Sceptile activated overgrow! Jasper you still have a chance to win this!” Emma said to me. And I knew it. “Sceppp” Sceptile said to me while showing me a root of a plant that he found. “I just thought the same Sceptile” I said. “Sceptile, USE FRENZY PLANT!!!” I yelled. Sceptile then closed it eyes, focused, summoned four giant roots from the grounds, made them dash into Lucario and beat Lucario up with the roots… MC: “Lucario fainted, that means Jasper is the winner of the tournament! Here’s your Trophy!” “Hmmm, I’m going to have you deshadowed Lucario, you’re much better when you’re normal.” Ricky said, and then he left. Emma and Noam quickly came running towards me. Noam: “Great job dude!” Emma was blushing, and she kissed me. It really was the best day of my life.

Okay here's my entry

Final Exam
----------

Troy was just like any average teenager. Troy attended Pokémon Prepatory Academy referred to by students as “Poké Prep.” Poké Prep was the world’s leading Pokémon educational facility. But for Troy, his life at Poké Prep was about to change in an instant.

It started on a peaceful Saturday afternoon. Troy was hanging in his dorm room playing Pokémon cards with his roommate Geoff. Troy’s girlfriend, Merideth was lying on his bed reading her textbook in preparation for their exam. Troy’s other roommate Chris was lying on his bed taking care of his Umbreon.

“I level up m Gardevoir into Gardevoir Level X and I use its attack Bring Down! I win!”

“No, not again, do you lose?” Geoff replied in defeat.

“Not that I can think of,” Troy replied.

“Arrogant much Troy? Can you try to keep it down a little? I’m trying to study,” Merideth told Troy.

“Just let them have their fun, I mean they’re not too loud,” Chris said, “it’s not like people are going to come busting down the door yelling that we’re being too loud.”

Just then there was a loud crash as the door flew open. Two men in black suits and dark sunglasses stood in the doorway. “Well that’s a little ironic,” Chris joked.

“Which one of you is Troy Setters?” One man barked into the room.

“I am,” Troy said. The men walked in and grabbed Troy and proceeded to drag him outside.

“Headmaster wishes to see you,” The other man told Troy while carrying him out.

“About what? I can walk there myself,”

“Quiet, we were given direct orders to bring you him immediately,”

Troy was thrown into the back of a black car, with little idea where he was going. Eventually the door opened and he was pulled out. In front of him were giant doors that lead to Headmaster’s office. The men opened the doors, and brought Troy in. Inside there was a tall man, with shaven black hair, in a suit, sitting at a desk.

“Headmaster, we brought Troy Setters,” The guard said.

“Thank you, that’s all, you may leave,” The headmaster spoke in his loud, authoritative voice. After the guards left, he turned to Troy. “Troy Setters, just who I wanted to see. Now Troy, in my hands is your permanent record, basically files about everything related to you at this school.” He said as he held up a thick, leather-bound folder flowing with paper. “I must say, you’re quite impressive, number one in your class.”

“Thank you sir,” Troy answered quietly.

“Troy, you have a gift, it’s a privilege to have a student like you at my school, unfortunately, you have to go home,”

Troy was struck with surprise, as if he had just been punched in the gut. “Sir why?”

“Looking through your file, I’ve noticed a recent string of failed tuition payments, I’m sorry Troy, but there is a substantial fee to attend this academy.”

“There must a mistake, I assure payments were made, if they somehow weren’t I’ll call my mom, she’ll send a check, it’ll be here tomorrow,”

“I’m sorry Troy, The semester has already started, payments were due, maybe next semester, but until then, you need to pack your bags, you’ll leave tomorrow morning,”

“That’s not fair!’ Troy shouted as he pounded his clenched fists on the headmaster’s desk,

“Mr. Setters, do not take that tone with me, please exit my office and pack your bags before I fully expel you,”

“Yes headmaster,” Troy said gloomily while slowly treading to the door. When he returned outside the same car as before was waiting to return him to his dorm. Troy grudgingly entered and returned to his dorm. Troy opened the door and slowly walked in; his friends were sitting and waiting, wanting to know what happened.

“What happened?” Geoff asked,

“Supposedly my parents haven’t been paying tuition, I’m being sent home tomorrow,” Troy replied.

“They can’t do that!” Chris said,

“No!” Merideth told him as she ran over and wrapped her arms around him, “You can’t go!”

“They’re making me, can you help me pack my things,” They worked to pack up Troy’s belongings, and then went to bed. That morning they all woke early. Troy grabbed his bags and was met with another black car.
“Goodbye Troy,” Chris and Geoff told him,

“Goodbye Troy, I’ll miss you please come back,” Merideth said, fighting back tears.

“I’ll be back as soon as a can, take care of yourself,” Troy said to Merideth before giving her one last hug, he turned to all three of them, “Well, it’s been great, but I guess I gotta go,” Troy loaded his belongings into the trunk and entered the car. The door closed and the car started.

One week later, Troy was lying on his bed in his room still in despair about being sent home. Suddenly his mom called and told him to come downstairs. When Troy got downstairs he saw Merideth standing in the doorway.

“Merideth, what’s wrong,” Troy asked trying to figure out what was going on,

“Troy,” Merideth said panting, “I need you; you have to come back to school,”

“But I can’t Headmaster said-“

“Headmaster’s evil, Troy, its all part of his plan. He’s drained the energy of all the students to harness some sort of dark power, I managed to escape, but at the cost of Chris and Geoff,”

“So he just wanted me out of the way,” Troy mumbled to himself. Troy looked up to Merideth, “Let’s go, I’ll be outside in a second, have to get something from upstairs,”

Merideth nodded her head and Troy ran back up to his room. Troy ran to his dresser and opened the bottom drawer, after digging through clothes; he found small key out of the box. Then he ran to his closet and pulled a chest out, and set it on his bed.

“I never thought I’d have to use these again,” Troy said as he inserted the key into the chest’s lock and unlocked the chest. When it opened, there were 3 poke balls sitting inside, one red, blue, and yellow. Troy grabbed all three and ran downstairs and outside to meet Merideth. “Let’s go,” Troy told her.

Troy and Merideth secretly snuck inside school. They made their way towards the auditorium, where Merideth knew Headmaster was. When they got there, they couldn’t believe their eyes. Headmaster was standing on the stage with a black aura emitting from him, the students paralyzed and lifeless.

“Finally, I have enough energy to use the powers of darkness and rule the world!” Headmaster shouted. Troy took this as a sign to take the initiative.

“Over my dead body Headmaster!” Troy shouted. The headmaster looked up to Troy who was standing in the back of the audience.

“Troy, what are you doing here?” Headmaster shouted at him,

“Stopping you!”

“Just try!” Headmaster said as his hand glowed, three black poke balls appeared, “I didn’t send you home because I was scared, I did to spare you; you have a gift, join me and we can rule the world,”

“I’m here to defeat you!”

“You could’ve been something special; now, I’ll have to destroy you!” Headmaster shouted as he grabbed a poke ball, “Go Darkrai!” The head master threw the poke ball. “Face it Troy, I know all about your Absol, Lucario, and Gardevoir and have developed strategies to beat them!”

“Who said I would use them?” Troy said as he pulled out a yellow poke ball. “Please do me well,” he told the ball before throwing it. “Go Raikou!” Troy ran up onto the stage to command Raikou.

“Raikou? Where did you get that from?” Headmaster asked, with a small tremble in his voice,

“That doesn’t matter,” Troy said, sensing Headmaster’s shock, “Raikou, thunderbolt!” Raikou’s body crackled as electricity surged throughout, then Raikou directed that electricity at Darkrai. Darkrai was heavily damaged, but not down.

“You think that’s enough to defeat me?” Headmaster laughed, “Now witness the true power of darkness! Dark void!” A black ball of energy appeared in Darkrai’s hands. He launched the ball at Raikou. Once hit, Raikou was instantly asleep. “Now Darkrai’s ability kicks in, show him your bad dreams!” Headmaster commanded. Darkrai’s eyes glowed, and Raikou began to howl in pain.

“Raikou wake up!”Troy shouted, it was no use, Raikou was fast asleep.

“Now Darkrai unleash your next move, nightmare!” Darkrai’s eyes glowed again, as Raikou howled in more pain as its subconscious was tormented by nightmares. “And bad dreams again!” Raikou was in extreme pain while asleep, he couldn’t take much more.

“I’ve gotta do something,” Troy said to himself,

“Darkrai finish this with Dark Pulse!” Darkrai began charging energy in his hands, and launched it at Raikou.

“Raikou wake up!” Troy shouted in desperation. Just before the blast was to hit Raikou, Raikou woke and dodged the blast. “Thunder!” Raikou charged up more electricity than before and shot it at the off guard Darkrai. Darkrai laid in defeat. Both trainers recalled their Pokémon. Frustrated with his defeat, Headmaster threw out his next Pokémon, Heatran.

“That should be easy,” Troy said as he grabbed his blue poke ball. “Go Suicune!”

“Heatran magma storm!” Headmaster called, Heatran summoned up a column of fire engulfing Suicune.

“Suicune you’re gonna have to take this hit, but for now Calm Mind!” Troy told Suicune. Suicune closed its eyes and it began to glow. Then the column of fire erupted again.

“You’re trapped within my fiery vortex!” Laughed Headmaster,”Heatran, fire blast,” Heatran began to spew fire from its mouth towards Suicune.

“Give him a taste of his own medicine, use mirror coat!” Suicune’s body turned silver and reflected the attack back onto Heatran. Again the pillar of fire engulfed Suicune.

‘Try a different tactic, Heatran, Iron Head!” Heatran’s head began to glow as he charged towards Suicune.

“Suicune, Hydro Pump!” The crystal above Suicune’s head began to glow, then Suicune emitted an enormous blast of water at the charging Heatran, stopping it in its tracks. Heatran fell to the ground in defeat. Headmaster withdrew his last poke ball.

“Go Giratina!” Then an Another Forme Giratina emerged.

Troy grabbed his red poke ball, “Go Entei!” Immediately when Entei appeared Troy commanded him, “Now use eruption!” A pillar of flame shot out of Entei’s back and crashed into Giratina.

“You can’t hit something you can’t see, Giratina use shadow force!” Giratina vanished instantly.

“Entei, stay on your guard, he could be anywhere, raise your defenses, use calm mind,” Entei began to glow, then Giratina appeared striking a blow to Entei’s side. “Counter with a fire blast,” Entei unleashed a large amount of fire from his mouth towards Giratina.

“That’s it? This’ll easy then,” Headmaster remarked, “Finish him with shadow force!” Giratina vanished again.

“Calm mind,” Just as before, Entei started glowing then Giratina struck. Headmaster believed it was over, but Entei rose from the hit. “Finish this for real! Overheat!” Fire began growing all over Entei and with one roar launched it all at Giratina, consuming the beast in flames. Giratina was down.

Headmaster’s dark energy began to consume him, taking his energy and redistributing it to the students. Then Headmaster was gone. All the students came to their senses and saw Troy on stage; they began to cheer, they didn’t know how, but they knew Troy had saved them.

“You did it Troy!” Merideth said, running on stage to give Troy a hug.

“Yeah I did, didn’t I?” Troy replied, still in amazement of what happened. Then the Vice-headmaster walked up to greet Troy.

“Troy, you singlehandedly saved the whole school. You know, there’s going to be a lot of work to rebuild after this event; we, well I, would be grateful to you head the redesign team.”

“It’d be my honor sir,” Troy said, looking out into the crowd, knowing he had just saved not only his school, but possibly the whole world, and that more adventures were to come.

Rematch

Geoff, a shameless self-insert, returns to Olivine Gym to challenge Jasmine to a friendly battle.

---------

“Odd that we would meet again here, isn’t it?” Jasmine asked, the walls of the Olivine gym surrounding her and framing her light appearance.

Geoff shrugged in response. “Maybe, but I’m not complaining.”

Jasmine smiled, but sadly. “You seem eager to begin,” she noted.

“I’ve come a long way since the last time we battled,” Geoff said. “I’m anxious to show you how much I’ve improved.”

“You trounced me the last time we battled,” Jasmine reminded him.

Geoff looked around awkwardly. “Yes, well… um…”

Jasmine let out a small laugh. “Never mind,” she said. “I must admit, I’m anxious to see how you’ve changed, too.” She flexed her fingers. “But don’t think I haven’t improved as well. I wouldn’t have agreed to this match if I didn’t think it would be fair. …for both of us.”

Geoff smiled, and swept his uncontrollable hair to one side. “In that case,” he said, “What are we waiting for?” With that, he threw his first Poké Ball. There was a bright flash of light which promptly faded to reveal Geoff’s Weavile, flexing its claws as it took in the battlefield. It flashed Jasmine a quick, mischievous smile.

His signature Pokémon, she thought. I may as well respond in kind. Wordlessly, she sent out her Steelix. The giant snake loomed imposingly over Weavile.

Geoff sighed. “This is going to take a while; we'd better get started. Brick Break!”

Weavile quickly raced forward, pounding both of its fists into Steelix. There was a loud cracking noise, and the giant snake recoiled a few feet. Weavile rubbed its knuckles, but was quickly ready to move again.

“Keep going!” Geoff yelled. “You’re four times as fast as that thing’ll ever be!”

Weavile delivered a few more Brick Breaks, which, while not devastating, left some fair-sized dents in Steelix. The snake looked imploringly over at Jasmine. “Hold on,” she commanded. “Just a little longer.”

Geoff peered at his opponent from across the field, noticing she hadn’t issued any commands yet. “What’s she doing?” he wondered. “Weavile, hold off for a second.”

Weavile, who had been preparing another attack, came to a screeching halt. It looked back quizzically at its trainer, unsure of what to do.

Jasmine realized Geoff was getting suspicious. “Now, Steelix!” she called, her voice soft but commanding.

Weavile spun around in time to see a glowing metallic tail rushing at it. It reflexively jumped out of the way, but was still clipped—and being “clipped” by something that heavy felt something like taking a bowling ball straight in the nose. It stumbled back, clutching its face in its hands.

Geoff looked at the two combatants, thoroughly confused. “Wait,” he said, “It was using Bide?”

Jasmine nodded, offering a small smile of satisfaction.

“But you didn’t issue any commands…”

“None that you heard,” Jasmine replied. “There are some advantages to being soft-spoken.”

Geoff fell silent for a moment. “Weavile, you all right?” he called.

The small weasel was dazed, but gave him an affirmative wave.

“We’ll have to change our strategy,” Geoff mused, watching Steelix prepare for another attack. “Get some distance.”

Weavile was more than happy to comply. It dashed across the field as Steelix lumbered after it. Once it reached the edge, it turned to its trainer.

Geoff was focused on Steelix. The large snake was leaning forward as it slithered towards Wavile. Once it got closer, it reared back, preparing to attack.

“Now!” Geoff shouted. “Ice Shard!”

Before anyone could react, Weavile formed a large block of ice and hurled it at the looming Steelix. The shard hit the snake square in the chin. It did little actual damage, but the behemoth lost its balance as a result of the attack, and fell to the ground with an Earth-shattering thud. It groggily lifted its head; the Brick Breaks, combined with the impact, had taken their toll. Steelix was still conscious, but barely.

“I’d better bring you back before you faint altogether,” Jasmine said. She lifted Steelix’s Poké Ball.

“That’s what we were waiting for!” Geoff said excitedly. “Pursuit!”

Weavile jumped at Steelix just as the light from the Poké Ball encompassed it. The light soon became a blinding flash; when it cleared, Weavile was alone, smugly admiring its claws.

Jasmine quickly checked on Steelix. “Fainted,” she muttered under her breath.

“What do you think so far?” Geoff called, smiling smugly.

“You’ve learned a fair deal about strategy,” Jasmine responded unsmilingly. Yet nothing about curbing your overconfidence, she thought to herself. Without another word, she sent out her next Pokémon—Lucario.

Geoff lifted his eyebrow. “You’ve updated your team, I see.”

“As I said,” Jasmine replied, “Don’t think I haven’t improved.”

“We’ll see if ‘updated’ and ‘improved’ are the same thing,” Geoff said. “Weavile, Brick Br—”

“ExtremeSpeed!” Jasmine called. Lucario transformed into a bluish blurr for a moment, ramming into Weavile before the other Pokémon could even react. Lucario skidded to a halt several yards away; Weavile landed squarely on its head on the other side of the gym.

Geoff grimaced. “Well, crap. Sorry, Weavile.” He returned the Pokémon to its Ball, then turned to face Jasmine. “OK, so… maybe you have improved, after all.”

“Maybe,” Jasmine replied, allowing herself a small, satisfied smile.

Geoff took a breath. I’ll have to be more careful, he thought. Especially since I’m down one Pokémon already. “All right,” he said, “Let’s see if this works any better.” He flung his next Poké Ball down, revealing Heracross. The two Fighting Pokémon sized each other up from across the field, cracking their knuckles in anticipation.

“Let’s go, then!” Geoff called eagerly. “Heracross, Close Combat!”

“ExtremeSpeed!” Jasmine commanded again.

Lucario rammed into Heracross, but that didn’t stop the beetle from delivering its own attack—one far more devastating than Lucario’s. The steel Pokémon stumbled back a few steps.

Jasmine took a deep breath. She was growing too frustrated; she needed to think more clearly. “All right,” she said. “Lucario, Stone Edge!”

“Stone Edge, Heracross!” Geoff’s cry echoed Jasmine’s.

The two fighters both produced large, sharpened stones to swing at each other. Lucario struck first; Heracross quickly lifted his own stone to parry the blow. Heracross quickly performed its own attack, which was similarly blocked.

“Woo-hoo!” Geoff yelled. “Giant rock swordfight!”

Jasmine gave him an odd look.

“What?” he asked. “I like swordfights.”

After a few blows, the stones broke on impact, with several of the shards cutting into each Pokémon. They fell back, glaring at each other while nursing their wounds.

“Close Comb—” Geoff began again.

“ExtremeSpeed!” Lucario responded instantly to Jasmine’s call, ramming into Heracross before Geoff could even complete his command. The beetle was knocked off its feet, rolling back a few yards before it could stop and pull itself up.

“Crap!” Geoff yelled. “Heracross, get up! It’s weakened! Finish it off with Close Combat!”

“Lucario!” Jasmine called in turn. “Zen Headbutt!”

Geoff looked at her incredulously. “Zen whatnow?”

The two Pokémon rushed at each other, Heracross holding its fists forward, Lucario with its head down. “Oh, this is gonna be bad,” Geoff said.

They met with a resounding crash, and a huge cloud of dust suddenly swept around them. It slowly cleared, revealing a very dazed Lucario and a very fainted Heracross.

“Balls!” Geoff hissed, his ears still ringing from the crash. “Sorry, Heracross. Looks like I let you down.” He recalled the unconscious Pokémon. “Zen Headbutt?” he said, looking at Jasmine.

“Lucario can learn it now,” she said. “Move tutor.”

“Move tutor. Of course.” Geoff shook his head. “Looks like I’ve got one last Pokémon. Bring it home, Starmie!”

His last Poké Ball flashed open, revealing the small invertebrate. It nervously flexed its many limbs as it studied Lucario.

“When did you get a Starmie?” Jasmine asked, surprised.

“There’s a funny story about that,” Geoff replied. “Funny and… uh… long.”

“Never mind,” Jasmine said, smiling. “You can tell me about it later; this shouldn’t take long.” She turned to her Pokémon. “Lucario, Crunch!”

“Oh, no you don’t!” Geoff shouted. “We’ll be having none of that, miss!”

Miss? Jasmine thought, lifting an eyebrow.

Lucario rushed forward, its jaws parted and glowing with a menacing dark energy. However, at the last second, Starmie danced out of the way. Lucario’s teeth closed violently on thin air.

“Excellent!” Geoff shouted, smiling. “Quickly, now—finish it off with Psychic!”

A barely-visible wave of energy blasted out of Starmie’s jewel core, ripped across the stage, and slammed into Lucario like a wall of pure force. The steel Pokémon rolled back a few feet before coming to a stop, completely still.

“Your Starmie knows Psychic?” Jasmine asked as she recalled Lucario’s unmoving form.

“Your Lucario knows ExtremeSpeed, Crunch, and Zen freakin’ Headbutt, woman,” Geoff responded. “At least Psychic corresponds to one of Starmie’s types.”

Jasmine suppressed a smile. “I mean… I just never saw it used by many Starmie.”

“Hey, if it works…” Geoff shrugged. “Anyway, you’ve got one more Pokémon. Let’s settle this.”

Jasmine smiled. He wasn’t being as overconfident as before; the loss of two Pokémon to Lucario had knocked some sense back into him. But it hadn’t curbed his enthusiasm. He was still anxious to prove himself—both to him, and to her.

“Very well,” she said. “But I doubt you’re going to be happy about this.” She threw her last Ball, and Magnezone rose up from the flash.

“We forfeit,” Geoff said promptly.

“Wise choice,” Jasmine said, smiling. Magnezone’s electrical attacks would easily be able to overpower Starmie, who had no good attacks to counter with.

However, Starmie turned and flashed a message to Geoff. The trainer furrowed his brow. “Wait. We… don’t forfeit?”

Jasmine gave him an odd look. “What are you…?”

“Starmie says it can handle this,” Geoff said. He thought for a moment. “And so can I!” he cried, taking up a fighting stance.

Jasmine tried to say something, but couldn’t find the words to describe how stupid this was. “All right,” she said at last. “Give it your best shot.”

“Every shot is our best shot!” Geoff replied. Jasmine gave a slight wince as Geoff called out to Starmie. “Start off with a Surf!”

The gym was suddenly filled with water as a giant wave bore down on Magnezone. It slammed into the floating Pokémon, knocking it back through the air.

“Ha!” Geoff shouted. “How’s that?!”

“A good try,” Jasmine replied, giving him a small smile. “Magnezone, Thunderbolt.”

The floating mass of magnets righted itself in the air, and tossed a bolt of lightning in Starmie’s direction. A second later, it was all over; the sea star lay on the ground, twitching as electrical jolts ran through its unconscious body.

“Balls!” Geoff yelled again. He recalled Starmie. “Sorry, Starmie. I should have forfeited after all.” He looked up at Jasmine. “But I guess it was worth a shot, anyway.”

Jasmine walked toward him. “Starmie chose to keep fighting on its own, you know,” she reminded him.

“It’s my responsibility to keep my Pokémon safe,” he responded. “But I’m glad it kept trying, anyway. Poor, stupid Starmie.”

Jasmine let out a small laugh.

“You have improved,” Geoff said.

“And you haven’t changed a bit,” Jasmine noted.

Geoff took a moment to ponder that statement. Finally, he said, “I choose to take that as a compliment.”

Jasmine laughed again, more loudly this time.

“I’ll be back, though,” he said. “We’ll work on our skill and our strategies. Make no mistake—I’ll beat you yet!”

“You already did,” Jasmine reminded him.

There was a short silence. “Oh, yeah,” Geoff said at last.

“Although now that I’ve beaten you,” Jasmine said, “Maybe I should take that Mineral Badge back…”

“That won’t be necessary,” Geoff said quickly. “The next time we meet, I have every intention of not losing.” He began to head out the door.

Jasmine smiled at his retreating back. “Not losing,” She echoed. “Of course.”

Last edited:
Is the contest still open? It's 11:30 where I am, so I'm hoping this entry will be allowed. I don't really have a title, but here it is:

I was in over my head. That’s all I can say. What else could be said, seeing the situation I was in? Up alone against three god-like creatures, with just three Pokemon of my own to defend myself? I was cocky, overconfident, and stupid, so very stupid.

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Capturing these creatures had been my dream, and then, at the top of Mt. Coronet, I had thought I was going to reach it. The beasts shook the ruins of Spear Pillar with their roars, as I struggled to keep my balance. What a fool I was, thinking I had so much as a chance of success.

That being said, I was confident at the start of the battle. I had four deluxe Master Balls at my disposal, so capturing Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina should’ve been a cinch. I only wish it could’ve been as easy as I had thought it would be.

My first Ball went toward Giratina, my favorite of the three. I had chosen it first because, if for some reason I was only able to capture one, it would’ve been my instant choice. As the Ball flew through the air, however, Giratina glowed pink, and vanished, as if to another dimension. The Master Ball plummeted to the foot of the mountain.

I threw my next Poke Ball at Dialga. The towering blue Pokemon turned its head toward me as the Master Ball approached it, just in time for the crest atop its head to knock my second Ball to the ground.

My final two I threw in unison, at both Dialga and Palkia. This time, the Balls connected with the Pokemon, as both began to glow in unison. I grinned; I had done it. Or so I thought, as at that very moment, Giratina emerged from wherever it had gone, causing the very fabric of reality to shake. My last Master Balls shattered, leaving three very angry Legendary Pokemon staring at me.

Now, I began to realized the full scale of my situation, and tossed out three Poke Balls, sending out my Pokemon, a Blaziken, a Lucario, and a Dunsparce. From that point on, I began to focus my energy on wounding the Pokemon enough to at least frighten them away.

“Lucario! To me! Blaziken, jump on that pillar, and hit them with Flamethrower. Dunsparce, dig down, and get them with an Earthquake from below!” Lucario, immediately sensing my command, ran toward me. With Lucario so close, it felt as if our minds were one, and I was sure Lucario would need no more commands. It knew what it had to do; protect me.

Blaziken, second to begin its attack, jumped to the top of the tallest standing pillar, and punched forward. From its wrist, a blazing fire emerged, scorching the Pokemon now at eye level with it. The weeds that had begun to grow burst into flames, as did the vines wrapping around the other pillars.

Dunsparce, then, not to be left out, dug down, beneath its enemies’ feet. It shook its head back and forth violently, until the very earth surrounding it began to shake with it. Cracks began to form in the fiery ground, as the flames moved through the cracks in the rock to more weeds buried beneath them, surrounding the stone floor with flames.

The Legendary Pokemon, looking down at what my Pokemon had done, began to make their move. Dialga’s crested head began to glow blue, while Palkia’s shoulders glowed pink. Giratina leapt again into another dimension, this time leaving a cloud of darkness behind, showing that it was bound to return.

Thinking quickly, I recalled Blaziken and Dunsparce, while Lucario grabbed hold of me and leapt at least two hundred feet into the air. I looked down, gasping as I saw Dialga’s Roar of Time unleashed, alongside Palkia’s Spacial Rend, as Giratina returned with a Shadow Force.

The peak was devastated, along with at least a quarter of the mountain. As we fell back down, I gulped, hoping that I would escape alive. I called again on Dunsparce and Blaziken, both appearing before me. “Dunsparce, dig down, and use Earthquake. After that, hit them with whatever you’ve got! Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, anything! Don’t hold back!”

“Blaziken, I’ll need you to get up high, and then hit them with Brave Bird from above. To get up, you can Sky Uppercut, you can jump on pillars, I don’t care, as long as you get it done. Lucario, stay by me, but hit them with as many Aura Spheres as you can, allright?”

The Pokemon nodded. Dunsparce dug down almost immediately, while Blaziken flung itself into the middle of the new mountaintop, and hit Palkia with a Sky Uppercut. Blaziken jumped a bit higher, and then came down with a blue glow, smashing downward like a boulder. Palkia’s head jerked to the side, almost dodging the blow, until it was knocked back in to place with a well-timed Aura Sphere.

Just after that, the ground beneath our feet began to shake, as more cracks appeared in the ground. Dunsparce dug toward Palkia’s feet, and began preparing for an Ice Beam. As a blue sphere hovered in front of its head, Palkia stomped down, crushing Dunsparce beneath its feet. Before Dunsparce could be crushed completely, however, the primary Ice Beam flew forward, encasing Palkia’s foot in a block of ice.

I recalled Duncparce, and sent it out again in front of me. I drew some spray from my pocked, and quickly applied it, healing Dunsparce’s wounds. Dunsparce, then, quickly dug down again, and crawled forward. It launched a second Ice Beam, freezing Palkia’s other foot.

Meanwhile, Lucario launched four Aura Spheres toward Giratina, as Blaziken hit it from above with a second Brave Bird attack. Dialga lunged down at Dunsparce with a Metal Claw, but missed, instead hitting Giratina. As it was hit from behind with several more Aura Spheres, Giratina roared, and sped forward, toward me. It opened what seemed to be its mouth, and grabbed Lucario in its teeth. Turning around, it threw Lucario at Dialga, and then jumped into the air.

It hovered there for a few seconds, and then crashed down, slamming into both Lucario and Dialga. It jumped from the edge of the mountain, and vanished to some other dimension, never to return. Dialga looked hardly fazed, although it seemed to have taken some damage, while Lucario sat on the ground, unconscious.

I cursed beneath my breath, and recalled Lucario, my chances seeming slimmer by the minute. “Blaziken, Dunsparce! Both of you, hit Dialga with Flamethrower!” My two remaining Pokemon nodded, as they let loose a blazing fire toward Dialga. It jumped above the two, leaving Palkia behind it, whose icy feet were quickly thawed by the fire.

Dialga landed right on top of Palkia, knocking the Spacial Pokemon beneath its feet. Palkia quickly rose next to Dialga, enraged. The two backed up, and began to charge toward each other, angrier at each other than at me. “Quick, while you have the chance, both of you hit them with electric attacks! Blaziken, use Thunderpunch, and Dunsparce, use Thunderbolt!”

Sparks quickly flew toward Dialga and Palkia, who, due to the water from Palkia’s melted prison, were zapped heavily, just before they collided, and then slammed together. The two turned to face me, clearly even angrier than before. I gulped.

Dialga, the first to attack, pinned Blaziken to the ground with its foot, and began to prepare a Roar of Time. As a massive ball of blue energy formed in Dialga’s mouth, Palkia picked up Dunsparce. It ran toward me, and slammed Dunsparce into my face with a Spacial Rend. As my vision faded, I saw Dialga’s attack demolish what remained of the mountain, as the two turned to face each other once again.

I came to in a hospital days later, my three Pokemon in Poke Balls beside me. I had no proof of the event other than my own memories and a missing Mount Coronet. But, I suppose, it was best that way. After all, beasts capable of such destruction could’ve easily done much worse under my command, were I able to control them. I smiled, thankful for my own life, as I realized that in losing, I had won.

It's 11:27 EST, you know.

I was on the ferry from one island to the next -- I couldn't name them, but they were to the far west of Cinnabar -- and sitting on the edge of the boat with my feet dangling off. My sandals were sitting on the deck next to me and I was fending off the sun's rays in a t-shirt and cargo shorts. They're so comfy and easy to wear.

I could see that we were coming up on the next island. I couldn't see anything on it just yet except for a line of swaying palm trees. I stood up and put on my sandals, preparing to drag my feet back to my room to pack for this excursion.

Before my parents took off for the North -- they're both biologists, you see, and they've heard rumors of a new species of Pokemon that thrives in extreme temperatures -- they sent me off on a cruise through different islands. They knew that I shared their love of adventure but didn't want to put me in any danger, so they sent me to explore different islands full of wild Pokemon -- go figure.

I turned the corner to go down the stairs to the hall where my cabin was when I ran smack into someone coming up.

"Sorry!" I half-yelled, regaining my balance only for a split second before we both went tumbling down the stairs.

Our pride and limbs both bruised, I stood up first and extended a hand to gravity's other victim.

"I'm sorry," I repeated.

She shoved my hand away and stood up herself. "Yeah, I can tell," she growled at me.

I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything, and instead walked in the direction of my room.

"Hey! Kid! I think you owe me."

I turned to face her. Now she was standing hands akimbo glaring at me. She looked kind of pretty so I figured my next comment wouldn't hurt.

"What, dinner? No probl--"

"What? You owe me a battle. And if you lose, I get one of your Pokemon."

I thought this was completely silly, and there's no way I would lose. To a girl. That just fell down the stairs.

"And what about when I win?"

"Then I won't take one of your Pokemon." She seemed satisfied with those terms. "I'm looking to add to my collection."

"Um, ok," I said, startled at the words that had just come out of my mouth. Why did I agree to that? But at least it would be something to do, right? "Where?"

"At this next island, when we get off the boat. I'll meet you at the gate."

"See you then." I immediately opened the door and shut myself in my room. I hastily packed a backpack -- we would only be gone a day -- and took the stairs back up two at a time. When I reached the deck, I saw that we were about to dock. I didn't see the girl anywhere, and tried to remember what she looked like. Brown hair, blue eyes (maybe?), and she was wearing a -- t-shirt and cargo shorts! They're so comfy and easy to where, even if you're a girl. And they have so many pockets, you know?

I don't think she was carrying a purse, either. She probably had all of her stuff in those pockets. You can fit so much in there!

But she could have changed clothes, so I figured I would let her find me. Once the ferry was tied to the dock and I saw other people disembarking I headed that way.

My right foot had barely touched sand when I heard a "Hey! Kid!" and spotted the girl from before coming towards me.

"Hey," I said, trying to get out of the way of the other passengers.

"Where do you want to do this?" she asked in a pretty aggressive tone. I mentally took a step backward since it would have been rude to do so physically and tried to get a measure of this person but I just wasn't sure.

"I don't care; you pick. What's your name?"

"Mary. Mary C." She seemed to take a break from what would have been a barrage of questions possibly leading into insults. "What's yours?" she asked conversationally.

"Taylor. So where --"

"This way," she said and forcefully pulled me in the chosen direction by my backpack. The passengers were still crowded together by the boat. It looked as if the guide was going toward the mouth of the river, to follow it to the other side of the island, but Mary C. plunged ahead through the forest.

"Do you know where you're going?" I asked after about a minute of brisk walking. I was approaching "slightly alarmed" but still very far away from "panicked."

"Yes, of course," Mary C. said impatiently. "I've been here millions of times." She paused. "Maybe not a million, but at least five or six." Another pause. "My parents are botanists."

This looked to be the place for it. Once we got past the initial line of palm trees, every step inside the woods grew more and more similar to a genuine rain forest, populated with who-knew-what. I thought I heard shrieks of wild Doduos and roars of untamed Kangaskahns...but I could have been imagining things.

After fifteen minutes or so of walking, I had definitely passed "slightly alarmed."

"Where are we, Mary?"

"Hang on..." she disappeared through a wall of vines. I hesitated for a moment but followed.

I emerged in a clearing. It seemed to be an arena, but one that hadn't been used in years. The canopy was so thick that it was kind of dim there, even though it was midday and there were no clouds in the sky. There were traces of lines on the ground but moss and vines and greenery had made the place wild.

"What is -- ?"

"Ok. Are you ready?"

This was too weird a situation for me. Who was this? What were we doing? But the excitement of battle was aroused within me. My Pokemon hadn't stretched their limbs in a good while, and this would be healthy for them, and I could taste victory already.

"Sure."

"Three on three, okay?"

"Er...okay." This only struck me as slightly odd.

Mary C. tossed a Pokeball in the air. She didn't throw it into the arena though, so I took the chance.

"Snorlax! Go!"

I hurled the Pokeball and watched with satisfaction as my Snorlax materialized. He was always effective in confusing my opponent. I watched Mary C.'s face for her reaction but she seemed hard to read.

She didn't change Pokemon though; she instead cried,

"Go, Oddish!"

I think Snorlax was as confused as I was -- Oddish? -- but I wasted no time.

"Snorlax! Body Slam!"

It was another satisfying sight to behold, my Snorlax Body Slamming Mary C.'s tiny Oddish.

"Oddish! Petal Dance!"

This was an increasingly confusing Pokemon battle. I thought the move would be ineffective against my huge Snorlax, but he seemed a little perturbed.

"Snorlax, Hyper Beam that plant!"

I knew it would take him a second, but while he was powering up it seemed the Oddish was doing more damage to itself.

I was right. Snorlax opened his mouth wide as the energy formed and then a bright orange beam of heat and light shot from it at Mary C.'s Oddish. It flew at least twenty feet into the air and was completely knocked out.

Mary C. returned Oddish to the Pokeball. She didn't seem fazed at all. I congratulated Snorlax on a job well done and returned him to his Pokeball as well.

"Ninetales, you're up!" she yelled, hurling her Ninetales into the arena. I only had water Pokemon left, but I was feeling pretty good about it this round. I didn't want to defeat her too easily again, so I went with a less obvious choice.

"Kingler! Go!"

I was thinking my Kingler looked pretty menacing, what with his huge claws and tough armor and everything. He snapped a couple of times. This was going to be a piece of cake.

"Kingler, Vice Grip!"

I was feeling cocky. I just wanted to have fun with this for a second. I didn't doubt at all that I would lose.

"Ninetales! Quick Attack!"

Quick Attack? Seriously? I even laughed out loud. But the laughter soon died as I watched her Ninetales move in a blur toward my Kingler, who at what seemed the slightest touch was launched to the edge of the arena.

"Now, Dig!" she yelled. In a fluid motion, taking no time to recover, the Ninetales burrowed underground.

"Kingler...when it comes back up, Surf it!" I tried to sound totally positive about it.

Kingler scuttled back and forth, but I could tell he was nervous. The seconds seemed to drag on, and then --

Ninetales erupted from the earth like a volcano. Kingler stood no chance.

"Good job, buddy," I mumbled as he returned to his Pokeball.

I was pondering who to pull out next when I heard the horn of the ferry. My eyes widened.

"Mary! We're going to miss the boat!"

She looked slightly alarmed. "This isn't over, Taylor!"

"What? We have to go!" I grabbed her arm and took off at a run toward the boat, but it wasn't until she took the lead that I realized I was going in the wrong direction.

We sprinted through the forest, the light growing brighter and brighter, thorns and branches tearing at our limbs and clothes, but we emerged on the beach too late. The ferry was already offshore.

"Come on!" Mary C. said. "Go, Starmie!"

"Lapras! Now!" I said.

I assumed Starmie was her only water Pokemon. Lapras was just my most comfortable.

We were going to be fine. We would catch up to the boat in no time, and board, and be cleaning up in our cabins in five minutes.

"Starmie! Tri Attack!"

"What?!?!?! Are you kidding?" But it was too late. Luckily, the move was a freezing one, and Lapras wasn't really affected.

"Just go faster, Lapras," I muttered. Battle on the high seas! This was ridiculous.

"You can't evade us," Mary C. yelled from somewhere behind me.

"Fine!" I growled. "Lapras! Solar Beam! Now!"

Lapras was my most powerful Pokemon. Starmie stood no chance.

When I saw the defeated Starmie sinking, I urged Lapras to turn around to fetch Mary C. and her defeated Pokemon.

"Well, I've won," I said, once we were safely back on board.

"You have indeed," she said, grinning.

"What's my prize, then?"

"Well, I suppose we'll be having dinner after all."

Force vs. Reason!

I hope I'm not late. I'm a bit unaware of international time zones and stuff.

The arena was bright. Its atmosphere was tense. My opponent had just sent out his Pokémon trio: Mewtwo, Blaziken and Swampert. That was bad. Very bad. The organizers of the challenge had told us to “bring our best Pokémon.” I had assumed they meant “best” as in “favorite”, not as in MVP. Worse still, it was a triple battle tournament.

I dipped my hand into my Trainer’s bag and drew three balls out: a Poké Ball and two Quick Balls. I threw all the balls into the air, calling my Pokémon by name: “Rinkat! Thay! Bitts!” In flashes of blinding light, the balls released their stored Pokémon. Out of the Poké Ball leapt Thay, a Lucario. Bitts, my Gallade, was released from one of the Quick Balls. Rinkat, a Delcatty, sauntered out of the dazzle, onto the battlefield.

At the sight of the Delcatty, the spectators burst into laughter. Rinkat mewed furiously, her fur standing on end. Bad mistake. Delcatty aren’t that strong. My opponent snickered.
“This ain’t no pageant, sissy-boy!” he yelled.
“But I didn’t know it was a tournament!” I said.
More laughter. Even my opponent’s Pokémon had joined in. I couldn’t back out, yet the odds of me winning this fight were terribly slim. Comparing my Pokémon team with my opponent’s discouraged me even further. I wasn’t a bad trainer; I just happened to have picked the wrong team.

I thought about the words of Big Tob, my mentor. “Lots of trainers still don’t get how to raise Pokémon the right way. They need the right moves, strength and a lot of love. Combine these with strategy, and you’re unbeatable.” Of course! Strategy! Friendship! The right moves! I remembered how these had worked for me in the past. The referee stepped forward. “BEGIN!” he shouted. I clenched my fists. This was going to be one hard battle.

“Mewtwo!” yelled Soulie, my opponent, “Take out that lame kitty! Hyper Beam!” The Mewtwo stretched its hands forward, a ball of energy forming in between its palms.

“Thay!” I called to my Lucario, “Take it!” Thay leapt in front of Rinkat, taking the blast fired by Mewtwo. She staggered, but swiftly regained balance. Thank God, I thought. Due to Thay’s Steel type, the Normal-type Hyper Beam had barely affected her.

“Thay!” I called, “Aura Sphere! On Blaziken!”Thay held out her hands. A bright blue energy sphere formed between her hands. When it grew to about the size of a beach ball, she hurled it.

Soulie shouted, “Dodge it!” Blaziken leapt out of the path of the incoming Aura Sphere, but the sphere swiftly curved, hitting Blaziken in the back. It keeled over. Soulie’s face contorted with fury. “Swampert!” he said, “Earthquake! Blaziken, get the Gallade with Brave Bird! Mewtwo…” Mewtwo stood immobilized. Its Hyper Beam had used up an immense amount of energy, forcing it to recharge.

His other Pokémon sprung into action. Blaziken leapt into the air, a flame engulfing it. As it descended, the flame transformed into a blue aura. It landed onto Bitts, sending him crashing to the floor. Swampert punched the floor with its thick arms, sending huge seismic waves throughout the arena. The earthquake rocked the battlefield, sending me, as well as Rinkat, sprawling onto the floor. Thay stood upright. She seemed to have been barely affected by the quake.

Soulie grinned. I had begun to understand him. He had powerful Pokémon with powerful moves, but lacked the two other essentials: love and strategy. That made him weak. I doubt he had even realized my plan. I turned to my Pokémon.
“Bitts,” I ordered, “Attack Mewtwo with Psycho Cut. Rinkat, use Assist for Blaziken! Thay, Counter Swampert!”

Soulie flared up. “Arrgh! Defend yourselves! Mewtwo, Psychic! Swampert, Hammer Arm! Blaziken…” Blaziken sprinted across the field and performed another Brave Bird attack. As its red aura turned blue, Rinkat glowed with a red light. Its Assist move turned into Psycho Cut. Long blades of psychic energy extended from its front paws. Blaziken’s attack connected with Rinkat’s, and both Pokémon fell.

Mewtwo used Psychic. Its eyes glowed blue and it made a lashing motion with its hand, sending Bitts flying. Bitts retaliated, extending his elbow blades. Psychic energy covered them, and then he executed a successful Psycho Cut on Mewtwo.

Swampert’s hands glowed, and it smashed them down on Thay, who was glowing with a red light. Hard. Thay faltered, but did not fall. I grinned. Thay had barely been injured throughout the fight, despite having been hit by super-effective moves. All part of my plan. Thay’s arms glowed, replicating Hammer Arm. She struck Swampert. The Mud Fish Pokémon zoomed across the battleground, crashing into the wall. Soulie got as mad as a Primeape.

“I-Impossible,” he stuttered, “Your Pokémon, they’re freaks! You’re cheating! You hacked your Pokémon’s genes.”
“NO!” I shouted, “They’re natural, I swear!”
The referee moved to my Pokémon, Bulbadex in hand. The high-tech machine scanned my Pokémon. “These Pokémon are legitimate!”
The audience erupted. Some seemed to be happy, while catcalls and jeers came from others. Soulie looked me in the eye, his face full of hate.

“YOU’RE GOING DOWN!” he roared. “SWAMPERT! KILL THAT LUCARIO! MUDDY WATER!” Swampert leapt into the moat bordering the field, turning the water brown. A huge tsunami of Muddy Water swept the arena swamping my entire team (me included). I was drenched. I turned to Thay. “Thay…” I began, but noticed she was curled on the floor, shivering. What could have happened? I gazed at Soulie’s Swampert, and a faint glint caught my eye. A Razor Fang! It had caused Thay to flinch. I shifted my focus to Rinkat, and saw her shivering. I ran to her. “Rinkat, use Rest, please.” I whispered. She fell asleep.

Soulie smiled triumphantly. He turned to his Mewtwo. “You! Finish the kitten! HYPER BEAM!” Mewtwo formed a Hyper Beam and shot it. Rinkat leapt out of its range. Soulie’s eyes bulged.
“How-,” he spluttered.
“Two words, Einstein,” I mocked. “Lum Berry.”
Of its own accord, Blaziken ran and executed another Brave Bird attack, hitting Thay. What was with the Blaze Pokémon anyway?

Bitts was idle. “Bitts,” I called, “Focus Blast the Mewtwo.” Bitts crossed his arms, and a ball of light blue energy formed. Soulie smirked. “Idiot! It’s not effective on Psychic Pokémon!” he commented. “Oh, really,” I said, my voice thick with sarcasm.

Bitts fired the Focus Blast. Thanks to the Wide Lens Bitts wore, it did not miss. It knocked Mewtwo off its feet, and into its trainer. Soulie gasped. “It’s a Fighting move! It can’t damage Mewtwo! I’ve had enough of this! Swampert, Take Down any of them!”

Swampert seemed to hate Thay. It charged at the female Lucario at full speed. Its move connected. Thay staggered a few steps back, and so did Swampert.
“Now, Rinkat!” I yelled. “GIGA IMPACT!”
Rinkat charged at full speed, knocking Swampert down. Soulie gritted his teeth.
“Get up, you filthy waste!”
The Water and Ground Pokémon did not move a muscle. Soulie swore loudly. It was 3-on-2. I was at an advantage.

“Blaziken, Sky Uppercut!” Blaziken’s arms glowed, and then it gave Rinkat a double uppercut. The attack sent her sliding across the field. “Thay, give Mewtwo Flash Cannon!” Thay gathered light energy around her hands and blasted it at Mewtwo. The beam caught it square in the chest, toppling it.

“Bitts!” I cried, “Use Cut! Blaziken!” Bitts, the only male Pokémon on my team, once again extended his blades and slashed Blaziken. The chicken-like Pokémon fell. “Mewtwo,” Soulie called. “Focus Punch! Get Lucariooooooo!” As he said this, Mewtwo’s fist began to glow.

“Thay, attack! Use Rock Climb!” Thay’s Steadfast ability had caused her to speed up after she flinched. Thay ran into Mewtwo, hitting it with such force that it careened into a wall and smashed it. Mewtwo went limp. The spectators went wild with excitement. The attack by Thay had caused Mewtwo to lose focus, immobilizing it.

“Blaziken, Blaze Kick! On Gallade!” Blaziken’s foot erupted in flames and it kicked Bitts, sending him tumbling onto the floor. “Rinkat! Assist!” Rinkat’s Assist became Aura Sphere. The sphere formed in its mouth, and it spat it at Blaziken, causing it to crash. “Bitts, Trick!” The Gallade swapped its Wide Lens with Mewtwo’s Focus Band. “Thanks,” said Soulie, “you just made my Mewtwo more accurate. Future Sight!” Mewtwo opened a time portal, blasting psychic energy into it.

“Thay! Aura Sphere!” The sphere zoomed towards Mewtwo. It ran. Mewtwo was fast, almost twice as fast as Rinkat. It almost escaped the sphere. Almost. The energy hit it, totaling it. I laughed at Soulie. I had just defeated his MVP.

“NOOO!!!” he shouted, “Blaziken, FLARE BLITZ!” A pillar of flame engulfed Blaziken. It dashed at a blinding speed, hitting Thay. She hardly felt it. Blaziken staggered. It had been hurt by the recoil of its attack. My heart beat faster. This was it! “Rinkat, Assist!”

The spectators cheered. Rinkat glowed with a blue light, and Blaziken's Choice Band moved to Rinkat's wrist. Trick? The spectators all gaped, obviously disappointed. I almost screamed. Even Soulie was speechless.

“Bitts, Trick,” I said dourly. Bitts swapped its Focus Band for Thay’s Metronome. Then the unexpected happened. Bitts glowed blue and floated into the air. What’s this?, I thought. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mewtwo, still conscious, its eyes glowing furiously. Bitts was slammed down hard and passed out. Mewtwo had evened the odds. Not for long, I thought.

“Rinkat! Dig, now!” She obliged, burrowing into the battleground. “Thay, Flash Cannon!” Thay blasted the Blaziken into unconsciousness. The ground beneath Mewtwo’s feet split. Rinkat burst out, knocking Mewtwo away. “Mewtwo, Hyper Beam!” Mewtwo obeyed and its attack hit Thay, staggering her. A time portal opened, releasing a wave of psychic energy. Rinkat was knocked out. “NOOO!” I yelled, grabbing her. “What’s with you?” Soulie asked. “It’s just a ca… Oh! Normalize! That’s why your kitty was so strong!” He glanced at Thay and gasped. “Y-Your Lucario…That’s why my moves didn’t damage it…All the attacks turned Normal and its Steel type blocked ‘em. And your Gallade’s moves…”

Wow. He had discovered my plan after I couldn’t use it anymore. Brilliant. “Psychic!” he yelled. Mewtwo used its move, hurling Thay across the arena. For the first time in the fight, Thay hit the floor. “Thay! Don’t give up! Flash Cannon!” The attack connected.” I glanced at both Pokémon, watching their chests heave. They were exhausted. “Mewtwo, now! Psychic!” Soulie yelled. So did I. “Thay, end this! Rock Climb!”

Mewtwo was easily faster. Before Thay had taken two steps, it had hit her with Psychic, throwing her into the ceiling. “YES!” Soulie roared. The crowd went wild. His Mewtwo smirked. I smirked too. “Thay, Aura Sphere!” Thay’s move hit Mewtwo in the back, and it fell to the ground with a resonating thud. Soulie gasped and looked at Thay. He saw a Focus Band on her left wrist.

“WAAAH!” he screamed. The crowd was applauding. My heart was racing. I had won. I recalled Bitts and Rinkat into their balls. Soulie was distraught. “You’re good,” he admitted. “You too,” I replied. He had been a formidable foe, who had almost been able to defeat me, a strategist, with mindless, brute force.

“Change your style,” I advised him, “it’s too offensive.”
“Could you teach me to be a good trainer?”
That was a shock. “Er…sure.” Yeah right.

I grinned, basking in the euphoria of my victory. I looked at my Lucario, and I understood that look in her eyes well. She was right. This was going to be one tough tournament.

Wow so many stories and most of them are really good and even some very close to closing time, nothing makes a contest better lol.

Anyway I am looking forward to reading them all in detail. Merry Christmas All

It's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom