• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best/Worst Pokemon Names

I'm back to say that the worst legendary names are Xerneas and Yveltal, like the first time I saw these, my first thought was I felt bad for the kids who might play these because they definitely won't be able to pronounce them! Other than that, most Pokemon names, aside from the ones that are too literal aren't bad, and I find it difficult to pick a "best" Pokemon name because for me, that's too hard to say.

Also, this is a personal gripe of mine, but I hate that they used meme words on some of the gen 9 Pokemon. Like, really? Lechonk? Smoliv? God. No thank you!
I'm an adult, and I still just pronounce it "Yuh-vittal-vottle." ^_^;;

I always thought names like Purugly and Bewear sounded really corny.

i can't really say a best. i think most pokemon have good names.
not many pokemon have downright bad english names, i think (aside from the paradoxes and... god, seel). most of the really bad ones are japanese (crab, lizard, umbreon's unintentionally racist name, the uhhhhhhhh the magby line's names i don't think i can say here...)

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom