• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White will take place in the future of the Pokemon world, right?

I would definitely like to battle a red in his 20s/30s, but not against Lucas, I think it's too soon. Maybe the games have been moving on in time just like in gold and silver, just they don't point it out in the game.

They didn't seem to have a problem putting Red in G/S after only 3 years so I don't really think it's too soon...

This might sound crazy but how about Black/White featuring a 3v3 battle with the older protagonists?

Red, Gold and Brendan versus you.

This might sound crazy but how about Black/White featuring a 3v3 battle with the older protagonists?

Red, Gold and Brendan versus you.

I think we'll have to wait for the last game set in Japan to see something like that happen.

It would be so awesome to battle Gold or Silver. Preferably looking as badass as Blue did in HG/SS.

I wouldn't want to battle against Red, Gold, AND Brendan in the same battle. They would all be incredibly STRONG. And at the same time? Ugh. I suppose some would just luuuuuv that, but.......

Anyway, I think that B/W take place atleast two or three years after the other games. To me it jut seems pretty obvious, but maybe I'm not looking deep enough into it.

I think it was confirmed that there will be no appearances of old characters in these games, it's on Pokebeach.

I like how they're making everything brand new and fresh.

Time Travel was a a notable plot point in Ranger 3, and anything involving Celebi. (Speaking of which, isn't it odd how in-game, Dialga didn't do anything relating to time?)
From what I've seen, Dialga and Palkia are nothing but tools ready to be used by humans who can control them. But the main character foils Cyrus's plan so we could never see Dialga use it's temporal powers.

I think it was confirmed that there will be no appearances of old characters in these games, it's on Pokebeach.

Yes, it's been confirmed that no previous gen human characters will make any appearances in B&W at all.

I'd rather fight Leaf vs Dawn vs May, or Lyra x Dawn vs May then any other trio.

But, yea, it most likely takes place in the future. When is that thought? Three years? Ten years? Fifty?

Pokebeach also "confirmed" images of "new pokemon" that were clearly marked fanart elsewhere

Given that a slightly older Caitlin is one of the available opponents, I guess we can say this is confirmed and thus Pokemon has finally broken out of the 3 year infinite loop cycle.

Given that a slightly older Caitlin is one of the available opponents, I guess we can say this is confirmed and thus Pokemon has finally broken out of the 3 year infinite loop cycle.
Although I'm happy to see an older Cattleya, I really wish the time skip would've been more drastic. Shirona really doesn't look much different...kind of a shame.

Cynthia's in it and they've found Kanto champion battle remix in there.

WOT

INB4 JOHTO/HOENN CHAMPION REMIXES FOUND.

Yes, it's been confirmed that no previous gen human characters will make any appearances in B&W at all.

OBJECTION!!!!:-D
looker.jpg

Wasn't the cameo part only referring to Oak, or characters like him?

Maybe Sunday screwed up?

Anyway:

Cynthia mentioned Daw-..The DPP protagonist.
Looker appears.
Caitlin appears, and doesn't seem to have aged much.

It seems like this takes place 1 - 2 years after Platinum at best.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom