• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova didn't so much ignore both Kai and Bria as he did not really acknowledge their presence. He was still being pulled forward by something preternatural, wanting him to see whatever was there.

When he made it to the lab, everything hit him at once. Watching Juliet being fervently operated on by her father, the events of the fight began to flood his mind all at once. That total loss, it wasn't anything new. But... she had paid the ultimate price for it. Juliet. His Juliet.

An exorbitant number of emotions rushed through him, clouding his mind. To pinpoint any solid one would be nigh-impossible. Yet, his face only carried surprise.

I won't allow you to cry, Nova. I won't allow you to show your grief. It will stay inside. You will know this pain without ever expressing it.

The entity had a strangehold on him. Since when did she get so damn powerful?

The fight was lost. Blame them. Blame
yourself. If only you were stronger.

Again, that message was sent to both Hazel and Nova's minds. For both, it meant different things, but the root was the same.

Isabelle's eyes grew sad. No matter how many deaths she had witnessed during her time as a doctor, it never grew easier. She continued working on Luis with a careful hand. "Once I finish with her father, we should get him to Jack's place," she said.

"Now, are you sure Juliet was the only casualty?" Isabelle asked. Her tone sounded mildly suspicious. A classic mom kind of tone. She couldn't believe Juliet was the only casualty after a long fight with Cora.

Hazel grimaced from where she stood, desperately trying to block out Magog. Now was not the time... she couldn't go insane when the situation was this dire.

"So that's my job here huh?" Klay asked, taking off his jacket as he walked over to Juliet and put his fingers on her neck. "With my sensing skill I can track her vitals without problem."

Kai stared at Nova's expression for a moment, he wasn't showing any clear emotion from the scene, but the fact that he kept staring at Juliet made it obvious that it had shocked him at the least. "She's going to be fine," he reassured him. "We're going to bring her back."

Nova didn't respond. He wanted to. He wanted to let Kai know that he acknowledged his efforts.

But, Magog wouldn't let him.

So, he simply nodded, his expression unchanging.

Kai frowned at this, he couldn't even begin to imagine how Nova would feel, even if for some reason he wasn't showing any of it. "Listen, just wait outside for now okay? We'll make our best to bring her back as quickly as possible," he reassured him. "She'll be back to her usual bossy, spoiled self," he added with a slight smile. 'And then we can go get our skills back and kick ass like always."

"Only death." Rick answered softly. "We are gong to need help back at the lab. Jack is doing what he can to treat the other wounded..." He sighed.

"Load her into the suit." Jack answered Klay. He took the orb from Amber. "I'm going to shock her heart back into beating. The injections prevented brain and organ damage..." He sighed. "It makes me sick that I'm doing this to my baby girl... but I can't lose her Klay." Jack admitted. "I can't."

"I understand," Klay nodded his head solemnly, lifting Juliet's body up. He couldn't lie about his own feelings for the matter, having seen Juliet since she was a little girl himself, but he knew he could trust Jack. "You'll bring her back, I know that," he said with a reassuring smile as he put her into the suit.

"Hazel..." Luis quietly muttered from where he was. He groaned as Isabelle tightened the last of his bandages. This prompted the young woman to glance over at him.

"Papa?" she asked.

"You know... what you need to do," he explained. "The ruins should surely give you your... ugh, your skills back..." His voice was incredibly strained and quiet. It was concerning. Hazel walked towards him.

"What about the others..." she replied sadly. "Will I be strong enough to return everyone's skills...?"

"Yes," Luis answered, coughing a bit.

Hazel watched her father, her face growing incredibly concerned. She had a lot to deal with all in one day. That fact on its own was an understatement. However, the obvious couldn't be ignored. If she went to her ancestors' ruins, gained the ultimate power, and defeated Cora, everything could go back to normal. Juliet would live. Hazel could try to get Ant's arm back... she could even try to get Magog out of her mind.

Leaning down over her father, Hazel swiftly kissed his forehead. "I will try," she quietly said to him. It hurt, but she would have to.

"Cora will kill you on the spot... she tried to have me join her again. I wouldn't have it," Luis explained. "I will always stand with you, querida... don't forget..."

It was clear Luis was fading out of conciousness again. Isabelle watched grimly. "He's good to move now," she said, putting her arms underneath. "I'll need help."

Jack nodded. "I've been preparing for this... now I just hope it works." He said quietly. Taking the device Kai built, Jack drove it into Juliet, the device hooking into her chest. Her body twitched, the entire suit and table shaking with the force. Jack frowned. "No natural beat." He muttered. Again her body twitched.

Rick nodded. "I will carry him." He said with determination. "I know the way."

Isabelle nodded her head, watching Rick. After a moment of thought she added, "We have to be careful. All of us. Cora's still attacking Patis."

With a nod of her head, Hazel and the others began to head out the apartment with Luis in tow. The buzzing continued to intensify in her head. It hurt, but she just continued to ignore it, gritting her teeth in pain. There were more important things at hand.

"Then let me help a bit," Klay stated, rubbing his hand together and gathering electricity between them before putting them to Juliet's chest.

Kai looked back inside the lab, a worried expression on his face for a moment, he helped create the device but he really wished there was something else he could do to change things.

"I guess all we can do now is hope," Liza sighed as she walked over to Ammy. "Oh, I got you this," she said before holding out a pen and a notepad for her. "Since you can't talk and all."

Jack eyed the monitor. No pulse. He stood up from his chair. "Excuse me." He said quietly, stepping into his office off the side of the lab. Once alone, he broke down. His daughter was dead. And it was his fault.

Nova simply nodded once more, his eyes still set on Juliet. He couldn't enter, but he wouldn't leave.

Not that he felt he deserved to go in.

You don't. You're as much to blame as her deadbeat of a father.

At any other point, he would've disagreed with that. Now, he was sure that he was feeling some doubt; this thing in his head wouldn't have been so powerful if he wasn't.

The four of them made their way through the streets of Patis. It was completely destroyed, only a former shell of what it used to be. Streets were torn up, cars were thrown about. Hazel and Isabelle could only watch in horror. They continued to run, and with Hazel and Isabelle's knowledge of the city, and with Rick having the location of Jack's lab, they continued on.

They rushed inside. Isabelle was out of breath, and Hazel simply seemed incredibly concerned.

"He needs help," Isabelle called out. "Do we have any supplies?" None of them could have known what was happening inside.

Mordic turned, giving them a somber look. She said nothing, her wrist now completely missing. The fingertips of her other hand were starting to crumble away as she wordlessly gestured to the dead girl.

Kari just turned her head and saw the scene.

"Crap, someone get Jack." she spoke up, "He... is he going to make it?"

"Oh crap," Kai muttered as he saw the state Luis was in, he turned towards the lab, opening the door for the others. 'Bring him over for now, I'm sure Jack has a few first aid kits here!" he called out, setting up a table for them to let Luis down.

"Uh...sir," Liza said softly as she walked to the other room where Jack had gone. She didn't know what to say, having no experience like that, and yet she knew that they needed his help. "Um...the others just got here," she added hesitantly, feeling bad about interrupting his grieving process.

Nova only vaguely realized that the others entered. He didn't turn to them, however, opting to simply continue staring.

Your bunk mate is here.

He didn't know what that meant, but he drew a glance toward Hazel automatically. Then, he turned back to the interior of the lab.

Jack nodded. "OK." He said flatly. He walked in and saw Luis. "Shit." He muttered, going into a cabinet in the back. He came back with medical supplies. "Maybe I can bring one life back." He said darkly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom