• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazel was tempted to mention that Rick was only fine due to her. But, even she knew when to bite her tongue. She kept her attention on Mordic.

"Are these normal burns?" Hazel asked Klay. "I can handle that."

Placing a gentle hand over Mordic, the burns weren't necessarily healed, but they were soon covered by new, healthy skin. Any destroyed nerves were simply replaced.

This task required a bit of thought from Hazel. This apparently wasn't a common occurrence for her ancestors.

"You stay out of it Klay!" Rick and Juliet both shouted in unison. They looked back at each other and Juliet sighed.

"Rick... I'm sorry." She said quietly. "I was just trying to keep her mind in one piece... I don't know how or why that happened." She admitted.

"I know Juli..." Rick said softly. "She's going to be alright, I'll go see what I can do to help. Probably should go find her a soul to eat or something." He mused, considering his options. "Hazel, once you're done patching Mordic up, I'm going to need my armor back. I'm going to go bring her a snack while she rests."

"She always gets hurt like this," Kai sighed as he looked at Mordic, a saddened expression on his face, and to think this had all happened cause he hadn't noticed Taren's dart.

"Shouldn't we go to where Hazel is so she can give us our skills back once she's done healing?" Liza asked the others before beginning to walk over.

"I'm gonna let that one slide," Klay said to both Rick and Juliet, narrowing his eyes at them.

"You're welcome," Hazel simply said. "By the way." She continued working on Mordic with a trained eye. However, once she was finished, she would do as asked.

Juliet smiled gently. "It's good to be back." She said looking down at her armored body. "Although I'm really hoping this suit is just a temporary thing..." She mused.

Mordic's fingers twitched. Her skin was feverishly warm, completely unlike how it was prior to Juliet's intervention, in which it was usually the temperature of icewater.

The demon was actually breathing for once in her life. Still, she lay unmoving for the most part.

Juliet rolled her eyes. "I'm sure he was. It's a nice piece of machinery I'll admit that..." She trailed off, not knowing that the suit was the reason she was still alive. "But it's not very fashionable."

Hazel smiled upon seeing Mordic breathe. "My family did all the work," she simply said. "But, I'm glad to help."

After a moment, Hazel finally got out of Rick's armor. It was a little hard to do with her broken leg, but she managed. It felt nice to breathe clean, fresh air again. Despite how bad the day had been, she could never hate the smell of rain. Much better than blood, she thought with a fond smile.

"Once everyone's settled, we should look for your mother," Ant said with a frown. Hazel sighed. Right. That.

"I know," she quietly said. "But I should finish giving back everyone their skills first," she then added.

"Of course," Ant confirmed.

Yui stood in the doorframe, leaning against it as she finished her juicebox.

"So, this is a, how you say....normal Tuesday?" Yui casually inquired, scoring the juice box into the trashcan flawlessly.

Ammy facepalmed.

Once Rick was back in his armor, he considered everything that had just happened. It had been quite an eventful few hours. "All I ask is that nobody mention what just happened to Mordic." He said quietly to the others from the doorway. "I don't want her knowing that she attacked me... I don't want her to worry."

Juliet nodded. She understood what he was doing.

Hazel nodded her head in approval. As Kai continued working on her leg, she took the moment to think. While they were safe for the moment, Taren and Finn were still on the loose. Likewise, Cora, Zed, and Akuno were out there somewhere, causing havoc in the city. It was only a matter of time before Patis fell, and she didn't want to be around for that. She needed to stop her mother.

She couldn't comprehend what Cora's motive was. Well, she didn't like the BHA. Everyone knew that. Cora also wanted the power from the ruins - for whatever reason. After her mother's incident, and after she horribly damaged her brain... her skills were basically on par with what the ruins supplied. It didn't really make any sense. Maybe it was just her insanity talking. Maybe she bribed her gang with power.

Maybe it had something to do with her ancestors. According to the cave, they were seen as gods. They had the power to create.

It might have had something to do with that.

After Kai finished with her leg, she looked down at it with a smile. "Thank you," she said genuinely. "It looks brand new." And it did. Her leg was back in working order, every wire in place.

She took this opportunity to give everyone's skills back. Ammy, Liza, Bria, Kari... and even Rick. She didn't listen to any protests. Their only opportunity was then and there. This unbelievable power wouldn't last for too long following the fight, if even that. Hazel frowned. Just how long would this all last?

It took the guild about an hour to get themselves together. Isabelle tended to Mordic as she remained unconscious. Hazel cleaned herself up, tied her hair back again, and helped the others get ready. Ant worked on growing his plant arm; he would need it to fight.

Before leaving, however, the whole entire guild gathered together. All of the adults would work on watching those unconscious or young. They were to keep back and watch over the house and Jack's lab.

Everyone else, however, was ready to fight.

Hazel, now in front of everyone, sighed. "I know today's been difficult, and I've caused you all a lot of pain," she began. "But... please, help me do this. It hasn't been easy. You know, fighting my own mother. But she needs to be stopped. She's after more power... I'm not sure what for, but she's insane, and she needs to be stopped."

"We got your back," Ant said. "All of this will be over if we win."

Meanwhile, Finn and Taren arrived back to Cora, who was now near the ruins. They were collapsed.

"She was here?" Cora asked, a bit too calmly. She looked over at Finn. "And you knew it?"

"Well, I mean I figured," she simply said in response.

"Useless," Cora muttered. "And you two even ran from them. What the hell was that?" Her voice grew more fierce. That couldn't be good. Finn winced.

"Yes. They had a huge monster of sorts! We had to go!" she exclaimed. Cora simply caused two spheres of ice to swiftly rise from the ground, straight into abdomens of Finn and Taren. Absolutely useless.

Finn slumped over.

Akuno cocked her head at Cora, but opted to say nothing. She had grown accustomed to reading the woman's moods, and at the moment she seemed incredibly angry.

One moment, Mordic was being tended to by Isabelle while she was still unconscious. The next, she rose up from the ground as a zombie might, fingers twitching erratically. Slowly, her eyelids cracked open, revealing hazy, narrow crimson irises. The demon seemed completely out of it, outright ignoring the other guild members, muttering a language under her breath that didn't seem to belong to their world whatsoever. Whatever it was, she was apparently very fluent in the odd language, and seemed to be chanting a variety of mantras or curses almost inaudibly.

Ammy watched in bewilderment as the girl made her way across the room. It reminded her of a drunk or hungover person, vaguely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom