• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Bounty Hunters: Brand New Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry," Nova said.

Nova nodded. "Breakfast is ready if you want some," he said.

Juliet could feel the tension in the air. Then again, even if she wasn't a psychic she'd be able to feel it. She sighed, looking towards the door. "Excuse me." She muttered before getting up and stepping outside. She looked down at her phone. Nothing from Nova, nothing from her father. Nothing from anybody. It seemed odd.

She decided to take a walk, she'd stumbled on a rather good coffee shop that sold simply delightful chocolate not far from the hospital. So away she went.

Nova suppressed a wince at her words. "I'll leave you some. For when you are," he said. When he stepped out again, he kept his head down for a moment.

They don't appreciate you.

Magog wasn't even there and those words echoed in his mind. No, he was making an effort to not fall into that pit again.

They all care about each other. Not you. You're the intruder.

He closed his eyes, pushing those thoughts down. Things were better, but the wounds from his foray with that creature were still fresh in his mind.

Would've been easier to let them suffer. To just not worry about them.

It dawned on him that these were his own self-doubts manifesting all at once. So, that's what bottling it all in did to you, hm? Who knew?

Once Nova stepped out, Hazel sighed. She was still fairly angry at him, but she also knew there was a problem to be addressed. She frowned. He just didn't address it too favorably. But, was it also true that she was misdirecting her anger? Her frustrations?

She really didn't know. Just as she began to go into a whole other plane of thought, she noticed her phone light up. It was a message from her father.

Hazel picked up the phone and checked it. Luis' message read: 'Llámame cuando puedas mi querida. por favor. -papa <3'

She sighed again. Just what she needed.

After arriving at her destination, Juliet got herself some sweets and a cappuccino. Sitting down outside, she pulled out her phone and texted Nova.

How'd it go honey? Love you. :love:

Nova looked at the message and smiled sadly.

About as well as I thought it would. And, love you too.

Hazel walked out onto the balcony and hesitantly dialed her father’s number. She had no idea what he wanted, and honestly, she wasn’t too sure if she wanted to hear it. After a few moments of quiet ringing, Luis picked up.

“Hazel?” he asked. “¿Cómo estás?” It was easy to hear the exhaustion in his voice.

“Papa?” she then asked in reply. Despite any possible protests, she was able find some comfort in his voice. “Uh, I’m fine. What do you need?”

"I am afraid I bring some bad news," he answered. Hazel's heart immediately dropped. "You recall asking me to look into the state of the cave. Of what damage your mother did," he began to explain.

"Uh... right," she answered. "What happened?"

"The flame is out. And the seal is broken," Luis said. "We can't get it back."

Juliet's sad smile looked at lot like Nova's. You did the right thing dear. It's up to them to take your advice and handle it. Bria seems to be doing well, so that's good.

That's good. I'm really happy to hear that she's okay. Nova said, letting out a sigh. My delivery could have been better. I was too into my own feelings to see how they took it. Is everything okay on your end?

I think it's okay. Ant seems a little... excuse the wordplay but antsy around Bria. Probably because of what he can't tell her. Juliet paused for a moment. And I think they'll take it well. Rick would be my worry... the guilt will hurt him I think.

Hazel's frown grew. Her horrible day just became even worse. "You can't get it back?" she asked, slight panic in her voice. "So does that mean..."

"Yes," Luis said. "You cannot get the cave's power anymore. It's gone."

"You're kidding me," Hazel said, absolutely devastated. "And... and the..."

"It's all collapsed." A sigh was heard from over the line. "We cannot bury Yasmin... Nana... anyone there."

"So they're...?" she quietly asked, afraid of the answer. "There's really no one left? Mom actually succeeded? I thought there would at least be..." she trailed off.

Luis remained quiet, and in that moment, Hazel suddenly began to hate Bria's balcony. Too many bad memories. It just made her sick.

"Yes," he finally said.

"Oh my god," Hazel simply replied. "Oh... so I'm...."

"Yes," he confirmed again.

That's what I'm afraid of... Nova replied. But, he didn't want to ask for help - he promised his girl that he would be a big boy and handle this.

Hazel continued talking to her father out on the balcony, clearly distraught. Their conversation slipped into Spanish: half out of familiarity, and half out of confidentiality. She was not having a good day.

I know. But we both knew that it had to be done. Juliet had a feeling that Nova was blaming himself. That was the last thing she wanted. And Hazel... I know she can be a bit combative about it... but I know that they both know that you're doing the right thing for everyone.

Nova smiled.

Thank you, sweetie. I really needed that. <333 ily bunches~~

Hugs and Kisses. Love you more! Juliet smiled at this before going back to her coffee and her laptop. She was looking into some things regarding the wards she'd been setting up on her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom