• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Break the Ice (Mono-Type ❉ RMT)

Ha yeah when I said 'filler' I meant like Shadow Ball or Hidden Power or something xD

Ha yeah when I said 'filler' I meant like Shadow Ball or Hidden Power or something xD
Well, I managed to breed two Rotoms with the desired IV spread and I checked their Hidden Power types: Dragon and Dark.

Hidden Power Dark would be outclassed by Dark Pulse, obviously, and Hidden Power hits adjacent allies regardless. Shadow Ball can't hit Fighting types, a very real threat to this team, so is it safe to say Dark Pulse is my best option?

Well, I managed to breed two Rotoms with the desired IV spread and I checked their Hidden Power types: Dragon and Dark.

Hidden Power Dark would be outclassed by Dark Pulse, obviously, and Hidden Power hits adjacent allies regardless. Shadow Ball can't hit Fighting types, a very real threat to this team, so is it safe to say Dark Pulse is my best option?

You've got 'me mixed up, Fighting resists Dark, not Ghost

Oy, don't know what I was thinking. Yes that's right - pretty fantastic news, too, since in a weird way I vastly prefer Shadow Ball for Rotom, since I still imagine it as a Ghost type in every form even though it isn't. :p

EDIT: Also this just occurred to me and it's probably a terrible idea, but: Abomasnow's hidden ability is Soundproof but when he Mega Evolves it will still reset to Snow Warning - is there a way to abuse Soundproof in the first turn and then Mega Evolve in the second?

The first thought that occurred to me was that Jynx, who is leading alongside him anyway, can learn Sing - but Sing is probably too inaccurate to be reliable. Any other opportunities here?

Last edited:
Jynx should be using Lovely Kiss, not sing.

75% Accuracy is way better than 55%.
Yeah, that's what I figured. The only advantages to Sing are that it a.) hits multiple targets and b.) gives Abomasnow a reason to run Soundproof prior to Mega-Evolving.

I've finally managed to get the rest of this team bred and EV trained and ran a few tests in the Battle Spot Special season and the biggest problem I've run into so far (other than getting timer-stalled when I'm winning D:< ) has been that, over and over again, I've had no answer to Scrafty. Jynx always puts him to sleep but nothing (at least in the primary/Trick Room bloc of my team) can efficiently dispatch him while he spams Drain Punch.

Is it normal for this thing to be on every team or have I just been that unlucky? :XD:

Edit: This team is also only barely muscling past Ferrothorn and Mega Mawile, and with great difficulty.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom