• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Bristol Mafia Speedway- Endgame, mafia wins

...I think I'm gonna throw my vote back to quags.
Unvote: Snowy
Vote: quagsire fan123
I'm still not feeling great about Snowy, particularly with him literally having admitted to lurking while not having posted anything, but quags is has been very sheepy and spammy. As I said these can be new player traits but they also can be scum things and they're not ever super great for town.
Probably with them cross-voting at this point in D1 I don't think it's super probable that Snowy/quags are both scum but idk.

Also kinda considering Jinjo, usually I'd expect her to have given reads on players beyond just saying she thinks someone's joking.

I understand that and am trying to get better but about jinjo she was one of the first people to confirm and they have contributed very little twice saying that timaeus was lying about having powers once when asked they said there role makes them doubt that he has powers and when asked again she said that chevywolf30 had said it was a fairly simple game and that that usually meant that no one had powers the way timaeus had talked about there powers not once mentioning her role

so I merely chose at random from among them
Why not choose from the active players? Choosing an inactive player - at random, no less - isn't a particularly constructive strategy.

particularly with him literally having admitted to lurking while not having posted anything
Yeah. As I said, I didn't have much to say at the time. Now I do.

I still suspect snowy more but still
Why? In your own words, tell us why you suspect Snowy?

Day 1 will end at 1:15 EST on Sunday, September 19th.
Am I right in assuming that this is 24 hour time, and the phase ends at 13:15 my time? (AWST)

I understand that and am trying to get better but about jinjo she was one of the first people to confirm and they have contributed very little twice saying that timaeus was lying about having powers once when asked they said there role makes them doubt that he has powers and when asked again she said that chevywolf30 had said it was a fairly simple game and that that usually meant that no one had powers the way timaeus had talked about there powers not once mentioning her role
Hmmm
I might re-eval you later but I'm not getting much of a scum feel from your Jinjo post I don't think. It still feels a tad sheepy of my read but it does feel like you're trying to elaborate on the thoughts in a learning-town player-ish way. Hrm
Unvote: quagsire fan123
Vote: Jinjo

Why not choose from the active players? Choosing an inactive player - at random, no less - isn't a particularly constructive strategy.
Good point here. (Though other than at random, I can't really think of another way to pick between complete inactives.)
Do agree that it'd be better to kill someone who's podted at least once, though if we're gonna waste a Day on a non-poster, D1 seems like the best one. Though I always prefer waiting for subs/people to post, or failing that, using vig for complete inactives.

Yeah. As I said, I didn't have much to say at the time. Now I do.
...So the only people you have things to say about are people voting/suspecting you, and Timeaus' Mega vote, which isn't particularly the most interesting thing they've done all game. What do you think of Timeaus' claim? Surely you have some opinion on that.

Do agree that it'd be better to kill someone who's podted at least once, though if we're gonna waste a Day on a non-poster, D1 seems like the best one.
The problem I see with voting an inactive is... if we do manage to get a scum player, we've not seen them interact with anyone so we have no information... and of course we risk eliminating a vital town role.

..So the only people you have things to say about are people voting/suspecting you, and Timeaus' Mega vote, which isn't particularly the most interesting thing they've done all game. What do you think of Timeaus' claim? Surely you have some opinion on that.
There's not really much to say on that right now, TBH. Not without further information.

when you came out of lurking.
Just FYI, I did post as soon as I woke up, if that counts for anything.

...I think I'm gonna throw my vote back to quags.
Unvote: Snowy
Vote: quagsire fan123

I'm still not feeling great about Snowy, particularly with him literally having admitted to lurking while not having posted anything, but quags is has been very sheepy and spammy. As I said these can be new player traits but they also can be scum things and they're not ever super great for town.
Probably with them cross-voting at this point in D1 I don't think it's super probable that Snowy/quags are both scum but idk.

Also kinda considering Jinjo, usually I'd expect her to have given reads on players beyond just saying she thinks someone's joking.
Why do you expect me to give reads on day 1 when what we have seen so far is Timaeus talking about role, snowy voting Quagsire is nai since he has done this both as town and mafia, and Quagsire being a new player sheeping is hard to read, and Mido voting herself was also nai.

Do you expect me to say on day 1 oh these two players are town and this player is scum based on what we have seen so far which were all nai?

Why do you expect me to give reads on day 1 when what we have seen so far is Timaeus talking about role, snowy voting Quagsire is nai since he has done this both as town and mafia, and Quagsire being a new player sheeping is hard to read, and Mido voting herself was also nai.

Do you expect me to say on day 1 oh these two players are town and this player is scum based on what we have seen so far which were all nai?
I'm not sure I expect you to have reads on those specific players, but if you don't have any thoughts on them, then what do you think of Mido, Space, and myself? Surely you're leaning one way or another on at least one of the players who's posted, at least a little bit.
Do you still think Timeaus was joking about the claim, if not, do you think its more likely true or not? Town-aligned or mafia-aligned?

@Space You have been asking Timaeus questions about their role and why would you want to ask them questions about their role?

I'm not sure I expect you to have reads on those specific players, but if you don't have any thoughts on them, then what do you think of Mido, Space, and myself? Surely you're leaning one way or another on at least one of the players who's posted, at least a little bit.
Do you still think Timeaus was joking about the claim, if not, do you think its more likely true or not? Town-aligned or mafia-aligned?
Haven't seen much from Mido and Space to get a read on them and I'm leaning town on you for keeping the discussion going and for reevaluating your read on Quagsire.

Haven't seen much from Mido and Space to get a read on them and I'm leaning town on you for keeping the discussion going and for reevaluating your read on Quagsire.
Hmmm.
I feel like usually when I've seen you as scum you're prone to OMGUS so having the person voting you as your only townread should be a point in your favor. But idk since it could also an attempt to pocket me and get me off your case.
I'm definitely not certain of your townishness but eh, for now I'll go elsewhere.

Unvote: Jinjo
Vote: Space
Jinjo pointed out Space questioning Timeaus' role, which I hadn't thought much of but once pointed out I decided to take a quick look-over of Space's posts and see. Just about every single one of her posts have just been questions towards Timeaus- there's no stances really taken on anything except when she questions him about role fishing, and even then. About halfish of the questions were also previously asked by other players or pretty similar to the ones that were. Feels maybe like trying to blend in.

The problem I see with voting an inactive is... if we do manage to get a scum player, we've not seen them interact with anyone so we have no information... and of course we risk eliminating a vital town role.
Well, yeah, the first part's definitely fair, there being no interactions is an issue to consider regardless of their alihgnment, but the last part I disagree with on the grounds that it's a risk for basically everyone we ever kill. Certainly, you can determine it to more or less likely based on information, but it's never one hundred percent certainty- even voting a vanilla claim runs the risk of hitting cop or similar trying to stay hidden from scum.

True true, but an inactive cop has no way to defend himself.
And is also completely useless to the town, given they won't use their investigations.

I feel like DawningWinds has voted for nearly every active player in the game...
Tim > quags (rvs) > Mido (mechanic test) > quags > Snowy > quags > Jinjo > Space
...huh, you're right.

@Space You have been asking Timaeus questions about their role and why would you want to ask them questions about their role?

i think this post of yours answers that

timaeus is a point of discussion when i've seen little else and I don't think it's weird to want answers from someone who is giving hints about their role but they're being cryptic about it. one could argue it's strange to ask so much about the role when it could potentially aid mafia, but if Timaeus was going to bring it up at all, I don't see why more information on it shouldn't be obtained

also part of me is just ????? at why timaeus has ignored my posts lol

Timaeus' vote is also pretty useless given a random vote is not likely to gain traction and it seems like an attempt to do something while not doing much at all, so with that all being said

Vote: Timaeus

Vote count #2
Vote count #2:
Timaeus: 2 (Space, Snowy)
Snowy: 1 (quagsire fan123)
quagsire fan123: 1 (DawningWinds)
MegaPod: 1 (Timaeus)

Am I right in assuming that this is 24 hour time, and the phase ends at 13:15 my time? (AWST)
No, that's 12 hour and the phase ends at 1:15 PM EST.

And done.

The thing that's pinged me the most so far is DawningWinds' flip flopping between players for seemingly no reason. It seems like he's just grasping at straws to figure out who he wants to vote for, and whenever the player in question comes to the thread or answers a question, then he just takes his vote off. What is this accomplishing? This isn't putting pressure on anyone, since he's not sticking with a single line of reasoning or really making any concrete case, so what is it for? Vote: DawningWinds

As for everyone else in the game, let's see...
Timaeus jumped out of the gate asking people if they had any information, then when people voted him for it, it turns out that he just had extra information himself? I am seeing analysis and a bit of thought process from them when they talk about Mido being open to seeing if anything happens when people are voting them, and I like that analysis even though I disagree with it a little bit (more on this below). I don't want them lynched today because of that, and given the way they're talking about their role I'm thinking they are at absolute worst a third party, not mafia aligned, if they are telling the truth about their role and how it affects the "crowd" or whatever.

Mido's put together her classic Day 1 self vote, aside from that just some general comments, nothing super interesting or worth talking about. Timaeus mentioned that he doesn't think that Mido's actions would come from a mafia-aligned person and although I see that logic I also know that Mido plays with serious guts and would totally try and do that just to see what happened.

Quagsire has been giving no content but also seems relatively new, it looks like they've probably had some sort of experience with how a mafia-style social deduction game works though from some of the things they've said.

I feel like Jinjo is more active Day 1 than she is this game, but so am I so touché i guess. (By the way, I'm on vacation until Monday when I fly back, oops) I don't really see what they see when they say they think Timaeus is joking....

Space jumped in without an RVS or anything (though there wasn't really an RVS this game to be honest) and went right at Timaeus for information gathering, I like the initiative here as well as her content on this page, putting her money where her mouth is and voting Timaeus. However it seems like there is a bit of role hunting from them, specifically in #63.

The rest of everyone is inactive, but out of that group I am the most scared of MegaPod.

Cheers everyone, have a nice night. I'll be back tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom