• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

i can't tell if this is a joke, but this is conversational. o: that said, there's nothing wrong with a thread dealing with more happier topics, but that may clash with the "what's the last thing that made you happy?" thread.
Uh-oh :ROFLMAO:

I guess we have two threads like that now

*EDIT: I have been reading "Conversational" as "Controversial" for too long. Carry on, then

I've lasted 8-10 hours on drives between Florida and South Carolina. My sorority did one drive in a van that was like...13 hours? We went from SC to Pennsylvania. Never doing that again.

For long trips I would prefer a train, it's more expensive but they have those cute little rooms by yourself where you can stretch out and sleep. I've only been one to SC once but I liked it. I'd like to take one all the way up North one day... and MAYBE come back. I've always wanted to go to New York just to see it for myself even though my parents swear I'd hate it because people.

I got out of social media more than a year ago, huge improvement for my quality of life. The internet social media is the best place to see humans at their worst. In the ultimate Spiderman game for ds there is a quote after beating the last level said by Peter parkers dad and its burnt in my mind for around 23 years now (quote may not be exact word for word since it's translated from german but the meaning is definitely exact the same)
There are people out there that would do and say everything just to pretend they're better than they actually are.
This left me deeply impressed til this day because even at the age of 10 years I understood the huge amount of truth behind this.
But back to topic, I don't even use YouTube anymore (I use third party software to avoid ads and that whole famous YouTuber stuff) and I don't have any social media account anymore (besides Facebook, but I don't use it anymore, the profile only exists because my wife wants that it says "married with..." on her profile). I couldn't take all those fake people and their fake friends with their faked attention and all the other toxic scum around anymore. I'm way happier without it, only made me angry anyway. Overall one of the best decisions for my inner peace and my mental health as well.
You are not alone. I don't own a single socia media account since they came to life. Lot of people act like there wasn't real life before these things. People on social media remind of these insufferable californian celebrities who think they know what's best for anyone else. I'm on my mid twenties, so I lived through this era. I think talking to people in person gives us a far superior experience. Of course there's some situations we can just call someone on the phone, like when you get hurt and need help, or you when you need something asap. But when I want to know if my grandparents are ok, or talk to my friends, I like to schedule something (pizza, movies, bowling, etc) and meet them. My grandparents love when me and my sister visit them, especially when I bring them some desserts I make.

so here's the thing

i know i have.... less than great vision. i should have set an appointment for the optometrist a long time ago, but i keep feeling like i look goofy in glasses, so i skip out on them. i'm also too terrified of contacts getting stuck in my eyes, despite preferring them over glasses (at least they don't change my overall look). idk... my vision isn't so bad that it'll lead to any issues anytime in the near future, but i'll have to make a decision at some point. x.x

so here's the thing

i know i have.... less than great vision. i should have set an appointment for the optometrist a long time ago, but i keep feeling like i look goofy in glasses, so i skip out on them. i'm also too terrified of contacts getting stuck in my eyes, despite preferring them over glasses (at least they don't change my overall look). idk... my vision isn't so bad that it'll lead to any issues anytime in the near future, but i'll have to make a decision at some point. x.x
I've had contacts for years, and for the most part, I don't really feel them, and it's really, really hard for them to get stuck in your eyes. The worst that's happened to me is that they've been creased and fall out or something. Glasses also look cool! I don't like how they smudge and get dust, but they're cute.

ooo i want to go on a cross country trip someday ;_; at least... to get out of this state and see what other states are like lol...
come visit lmao

I personally love road trips, I love driving long distances with nothing but music or a podcast to listen to, or friends to keep you company.

so here's the thing

I've had glasses... almost as long as I can remember. I'm not particularly comfortable with the idea of poking around in my eyes to put contacts in, but. Even if I was, I personally do feel I look better with glasses than without and people have told me as such as well. But I do get that that doesn't apply to everyone, that's (probably) why contacts exist to begin with. I've never heard of contacts getting stuck in people's eyes, though, so I'd think you're good on that front? I've known people who used them and that was never an issue they mentioned and it doesn't sound like it happens to people on here either, so I'd assume you're good on that?

Ha! You fools! 5 hours? ‘Tis child’s play. I’ve gone on cross country trips at least three times!
I went on across the country trip (move) once. Not that I remember it well since I was 3-4 at the time. We drove from a big city in Arizona to a tiny rural town in Minnesota... I don't really think we made any interesting stops on the way besides stopping in Nebraska to visit my dad's family. Which for little me was kinda terrifying because who are all these people.

Because half my family or so lives in another state I have to travel across states on occasion (though not recently because of the pandemic), though usually only when there's important stuff going on down there so I'm not really familiar with what Nebraska's like because I've properly been to about one town (and probably haven't really seen the whole place) and because we only ever stay for a couple days really, just for whatever important thing is occurring...

pshaw, everyone looks better in glasses <3
I love the way I look in mine, only thing is I notice them sitting on my nose very clearly and hate the feeling of having pressure put on there. drives me nuts haha. Only reason I just can't wear them consistently. I hope it works out for you!

Not having the best day today, honestly. I feel okay mentally but I was at the doctor for continuous stomach pains spanning 5-ish months, seems like I might have IBS. Have to go on a specific diet that restricts me from eating a lot of the things I like ; ; Did blood work today and will be doing an ultrasound soon just to rule out anything serious, though it's extremely unlikely (fortunately). Health issues stink.

pshaw, everyone looks better in glasses <3
I love the way I look in mine, only thing is I notice them sitting on my nose very clearly and hate the feeling of having pressure put on there. drives me nuts haha. Only reason I just can't wear them consistently. I hope it works out for you!

Not having the best day today, honestly. I feel okay mentally but I was at the doctor for continuous stomach pains spanning 5-ish months, seems like I might have IBS. Have to go on a specific diet that restricts me from eating a lot of the things I like ; ; Did blood work today and will be doing an ultrasound soon just to rule out anything serious, though it's extremely unlikely (fortunately). Health issues stink.
That sucks, hope you fell better with the new diet. I have problems with my stomach acid (producing too much and to acidic) and its not helping that I don't take a little more care.

i don't think i've been to the doctor in like, ever. not because i don't want to, but because i keep fearing checkups are expensive without insurance and i haven't ever really been in a position to afford them nor have i had the time to go to a doctor. :c

i don't think i've been to the doctor in like, ever. not because i don't want to, but because i keep fearing checkups are expensive without insurance and i haven't ever really been in a position to afford them nor have i had the time to go to a doctor. :c
So for once it's a good thing to live in Germany (everyone has health insurance here)

So for once it's a good thing to live in Germany (everyone has health insurance here)
the one time i've had to do a mandatory checkup was something like six or seven years ago and it costed me like $130 just for that alone. granted, a lot can change in that period of time and it depends on where i go, but ever since then i've been rather wary.

the one time i've had to do a mandatory checkup was something like six or seven years ago and it costed me like $130 just for that alone. granted, a lot can change in that period of time and it depends on where i go, but ever since then i've been rather wary.
Oh lord this is just robbery :(
I mean there are services that don't get paid or only partially paid, but I'm pretty sure a mandatory checkup would be paid. We would be ruined considering the amount of doctors my wife has to visit.

Back
Top Bottom