• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I may still try it when I can but Im just conflicted on giving Game Freak money when they do this kinda stuff.but I think I will when I get some money.
Protip: Don't buy games at launch. My experience with Scarlet was essentially flawless since I purchased it in January this year. By then all the bumps from launch were gone. One thing I forgot was that the core mechanics of Pokemon is what I find enjoyable, and that once the core gameplay is there I'll have fun no matter the setting. I wish I had understood this earlier because I haven't had this much fun in years.

That's not mentioning all the tongue-in-cheek jokes I crack on Spain while playing.

I did not mind getting Sun at launch, but I did not worry much about Bank or online back then. Right now, with so much cool stuff from GO I could put to HOME, doubt I would consider buying any game before HOME integration is complete.

I won't try to sound like a self professed critic so I'll say Scarlet was thoroughly enjoyable. Aside from some frame rate drops and the fact the region feels big and rather empty, the game shines as a Pokemon game. It's endearing seeing packs of baby Pokemon with the mothers on the field. The mechanics are as solid as ever. Tera mechanics really can throw a curveball which keeps things interesting.

The characters feel far more realistic. I would never have expected to hear rival characters in a Pokemon game speak so candidly about their family experiences. The teachers, gym leaders and Team Star all have such interesting backgrounds, its not simply 'a guy who wears green who likes grass types' which is a welcome change in direction.

That's not even mentioning that Game Freak seems to be making caricatures of real life countries rather than homages. I couldn't stop laughing when the history teacher said that 'The Great Age of Exploration' was a dismal failure.

My only fear is having an outsourced barebones remake of Gen V that dismisses all the advances of the series.

The characters indeed feel more realistic than ever, and almost everything being centered around the academy means they can interact more with each other. Also the final part has more of a "friends we made along the way" vibe than any other game, unlike say Gen 6 who has a slightly bigger friend group but they were together from the start.

SV, along with PLA, is honestly the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long while. It's buggy and not perfect by any means, but I just get lost in the exploration and catching Pokemon. I just hope they really take their time with the next set of games. Could be even better at the open-world aspect.

They are not as buggy as BDSP anyway. And honestly, older games were insanely buggy too. Especially gen 1 where you can just arbitrarily execute any code the system can handle, and gen 4 with the quick bike tweaking and the black mystery zones. For all the criticism they receive, SwSh/PLA/SV are not THAT bad compared to Gen 1 and all Sinnoh. Even Gen 3 Pomeg and Bad Eggs were more of a problem, these days either it is a minor visual issue or just quickly patched thanks to better online.

The characters indeed feel more realistic than ever, and almost everything being centered around the academy means they can interact more with each other. Also the final part has more of a "friends we made along the way" vibe than any other game, unlike say Gen 6 who has a slightly bigger friend group but they were together from the start.
The rivals in XY didn't even feel like friends. Serena/Calem had a massive inferiority complex and the rest felt so inconsequential I can't even remember their names. Growing to know Nemona, Penny and Arven seems a lot more plausible. They weren't shoved down the player's throat, so to speak. Also Nemona is so charming and pleasant I wish I knew someone like her in real life.

That being said Galar will continue to be a thorn in my side. Now we wait for the arbitrary caps to be lifted to I can fill in the missing Gen 8 mons in my Home Pokedex.

Tierno, Trevor and Shauna. They were not that bad, but Arven and Penny just have so much more characterization. Nemona imo comes off as too generic for Gen 9 standards, with so many other unique characters around. Even Hugh, Hop and Bede felt better developed.

Tierno, Trevor and Shauna. They were not that bad, but Arven and Penny just have so much more characterization. Nemona imo comes off as too generic for Gen 9 standards, with so many other unique characters around. Even Hugh, Hop and Bede felt better developed.
I'm not gonna complain about a yandere stalker claiming me as their friend.

What I will complain about is how Gen 8 made legendaries so common that they're worthless on the GTS. I spent over an hour breeding Furfrou in Ultra Sun because its impossible to finish the Galar Dex without legendaries that nobody is willing to trade for other legendaries.

At this point legendaries have lost most of their legendary-ness anyway, there are just so many of them, and some of them were indeed just handed out a bit too much/easily to feel special.

Were Legendary Pokemon actually ever referred to as Legendary in any of the games?
I don't think so. It used to mean Pokemon that could only be caught once per save file without events. Now with Ramanas Park and whatever is going on with the SWSH DLC everyone and their mamma has legendaries, yet still clutch them like pearls.

It is very frustrating that I bred all these Furfrous only for people to demand Level 91-100 Furfrous. This imbalance needs to be corrected. How? I have no ideas.

Sometimes they are, I think Type : Null was. The ORAS ones were called super ancient Pokemon multiple times. Johto might have called them Pokemon of legends first, Kanto absolutely had nothing like that. But most of the cover duos/trios indeed have some legend associated with them.

I don't really see why there can't be more than one of most legendary Pokemon.
Then they won't be special, although making them so plentiful is in essence what you're saying. The options to trade for a Regigigas are deplorable.

Attachments

• IMG_9839.jpeg
    IMG_9839.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 12
Not all trade requests make sense for some reason. And even those that do sometimes would just stay up for too long and probably not happen.

why would someone ask for common route 1 Pokemon in exchange for Regigigas?
Ask the people on GTS. If its not asking for common pokemon, they ask for level 100 Furfrous or Furfrous with haircuts knowing that the only way to obtain those in Home is via Pokemon Go. It's an incredibly closed market where the demand only exists for Koraidon, Miraidon, Calyrex and Enamorous. I'll have better luck paying $150 for SWSH + DLC and Legends Arceus. I miss the good old days when we could clone Pokemon in Emerald.

This is a war zone worse than the ages 25-35 dating game.

Last edited:
Just as the original concept of regional in GO started becoming irrelevant, Furfrou showed up and interest just spiked back :(

Back
Top Bottom