• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Pride (LGBT)

who the hell doesn't like kagamine len
Thankfully I haven't met anyone who dislikes him yet, he takes #1 on my favorite Vocaloid next to Gumi and Teto. Gumi is just really well designed and kind of cute and Teto has such an amazing VB and I love Teto Teto in the Wonder Night by samfree!

An anime surprisingly, I know its dumb but that is legitimately the reason. Both that and just growing up I guess, I'm curious. I've had crushes on guys when I was an elementary student, but I also liked girls, and just people in general. That along with everyone in my life saying that "you just kinda seem not straight" has me thinking about the topic.

I'm sorry if this reasoning is weird, most people probably have better reasons than just anime and childhood crushes.

(btw I really like your icon! where is it from if I may ask?)
Seconding what Dorothy said, plus adding my own personal thoughts:

when I was first questioning my sexuality in middle, I immediately thought "yeah I'm a lesbian" because, at the time, boys (or at least the ones at my school) grossed me out. Over time, I realized I had crushes on male fictional characters, and after asking my friend, I was like "yeah I'm bi." I still kind of identify as bi and am attracted to women, men, and nonbinary people. but I might be pan, but I'm more attracted to people who are androgynous/feminine than masculine which might align with the definition of gynephilia I think, but also one might argue that I'm abrosexual, but I don't really identify with the term and see my fluctuations as more me exploring the concept of sexuality as I grow up...?

My point is that sexuality is complicated, especially as you're growing up and trying to figure that stuff out alongside everything else that comes with growing up. There's no rush to figure out everything right now, but even I struggle to follow that advice. There's no right or wrong way to explore yourself or your identity, as long as you're not hurting yourself or anyone else. In fact, engaging with fictional media is, for me at least, a very healthy and very helpful way to process feelings like that.

I've told a few coworkers my sexuality, but I am still not completely proud and ready to display myself out there if you know what I mean.

I've never been in a relationship, or really had a real crush on anyone. I rarely find a girl attractive to want to be in a relationship with them, but I have seen many guys or other individuals who share a style that I find enjoyable. I was born a male, identify as he/him, but I am currently more of a feminine displaying boy, because I like feminine clothing styles, makeup, and other aspects that normally would be assigned to feminity. I'm quite proud of that, but because of my family and currently lifestyle, I have no other choice but to closet almost everything, that's why I am still not completely open or proud to display my sexuality preferences.

I'm actually basically the same as you in that regard--of a cis guy who wants to display/present more femininely, my family would likely probably NOT be OK with it sadly :)//), so I have to wait until I'm out of the house. Do you have any just general tips? It's super cool to know that I'm not completely alone with being who I am in the world~
That's pretty cool, except I want to accept myself as gay, but it's still such a huge leap for me I just can't display it to everyone and be proud about it either for the reasons I explained.

As for tips, not a whole lot but working and surrounding myself with people who I can trust will accept me helps a lot. My coworkers have been overall really supportive and welcoming to me, so that has been feeling so good to have in my life lately. If you find yourself comfortable in places like a job, a friend group whether online or in real life, or a community with other people who share the same feelings, you may feel a lot more at home.

Bisexual woman here. I've been out to my close family since I was fourteen, though I've only ever been open with them about dating men and they don't know about my experiences with other girls; as such, it very rarely comes up in conversation. I don't have coworkers so I have no one to be out to in that regard lol, and I think my friends only know from me mentioning it in passing or seeing something I've shared online related to being bisexual.

There was no real epiphany or definitve moment where I understood or realised that I was also attracted to women - I'd always thought about them in the same manner as men, and it was only once I started accessing the internet more that I realised there was terminology for that. I've dated both men and women before, and am now happily in a relationship with a man.

For a while as a teenager I experimented with my gender; I remember identifying as non-binary, then testing out what it felt like to be referred to with he/him, and came out of that assured that I was comfortable in being a woman who uses she/her. I've spoken about this with my friends before, but I honestly do not think there's anything to lose by exploring your gender expression and identity, even if the end result is that you conclude you're perfectly content identifying as your assigned gender. Either you reaffirm that confidence in yourself, or you realise that something else is a better fit for you. I see no losses in that scenario, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to explore my identity with a great support system.

i think most of my friends know i'm gay, but i'm not completely sure because it doesn't really come up in conversation. especially since i don't bother with romance.

Might be my prudishness, but I don't see why peeps assume that two peeps dating means they have sex. I mean, I know that humans use sex to bond and all, but I suppose I am used to dissassociating beauty and sexiness more than most.

as a gay girl, i'm not really comfortable being called queer. it still feels like a negative word to me, mainly because it used to be a slur. call me gay, lesbian or LGBT, but please don't call me queer.
I too am uncomfortable with being called queer. I really don't care if other people want to use it for themselves, that's their choice. I just personally don't like using it for myself.

Growing up gay was a bit more of the negative word and what people would call me as an insult and queer was the word that other queer people used and maybe it's because I knew more older queer people but I grew up learning "we're here, we're queer" - so for me saying I'm gay is more of a case where I don't usually like it if someone else calls me gay but I might call myself gay. Gay is actually just as much of a slur though as queer is and it may more depend on where you live which one was used as the insult. I do enjoy the word queer because it's easier than going in depth to my gender and sexuality - but being called gay makes me stop because a part of me still remembers being called that alongside freak or worse.

Calling people gay or queer feel like they're the same to me. Not everyone is going to identify as such and they are used as insults - but it can be a bit easier than saying lgbt or lgbt+ because not everyone fits in those acronyms. I think the reason people typically prefer queer is that it includes gender, aspec, and multispec that isn't strictly same gender attraction.

i don't post around the forums anymore whatsoever, but saw this and think its cool there's even more lgbt people around. i'm nowo and i'm a lesbian! i went back and forth between bi and lesbian for a few years because honestly, people are people and anyone can be nice to look at and fun to talk to regardless of gender, but in the end i've come to realise that i just don't enjoy dating guys and i could never share my life with one in that sense.

also personally i like the word queer a lot, i suppose because a lot of the people who use it are inclusive of aroace people, trans and non-binary people etc. it's sorta like a safe word to me. that being said i don't think less of people who don't like it or prefer to not be called queer. people have their reasons and that's perfectly valid and i respect it.

Ive been kind of questioning my gender recently. To be honest, I just feel feminine, I don't exactly feel "girl". I don't really have a gender if I had to describe it, its more like I feel feminine or masculine on certain days. It might just be how my brain works, but I don't really think of gender at all except for when it is needed, like for signing up for events. Its really hurting my head thinking about all of this, so help would be appreciated.

I don't really have a gender if I had to describe it, its more like I feel feminine or masculine on certain days. It might just be how my brain works, but I don't really think of gender at all except for when it is needed, like for signing up for events.
not just you! I understand what you're describing; I was in the same boat for a while, and still occasionally feel that way.

For what it's worth, that's personally been my experience with being genderfluid (which just means that your gender is not fixed to one specific identity; it can change depending on the situation, or simply just how you feel or want to present that day).

If you're looking to put a name to it, it might be worth looking into genderfluidity — but obviously I'm no expert, and it's up to you whether or not you want to label it at all, so take this with a grain of salt :)

I hope things work out for you!

Once, and just right now, I used the girls bathroom instead of the univeral ones. Just in case anyone there would see me when I left, I made faux-breasts outta toilet paper. Felt nice.

Back
Top Bottom