• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Spring-Summer Team Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm happy to announce Bulbagarden's latest site-sponsored tournament, the Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden Spring-Summer Team Tourney (BMG SSTT). Sorry about the acronym, but you can't win 'em all.

INDEX - you can search by these terms to jump sections.
I. What's a team tournament, anyway?
II. Tournament Setup
IIa. Registration Deadlines and Other Rules
III. Prizes - What can I win?
IV. Example Entry

I. What's a team tournament, anyway?

A team tournament?! Yep. Here's the deal:

Teams of 4 people compete in the tournament against one another. Here are the requirements for a team:

Four users, all registered on the Bulbagarden forums.*
1: A veteran poster, with over 1,000 posts and a registration date on or before June of 2009.
2: An active poster, who has over 750 posts and over 4.5 posts per day.
3: A newbie, registered on or after March 2010, who has over 50 posts.
4: A user of the team's choice, with no conditions or limits on his/her participation.

*If a user is active on another portion of the site--such as Bulbapedia--and would like to qualify as anything other than the "user of the team's choice," contact me and I will establish equivalences between branches of the site.

It is also advised that you name your team something clever, witty, funny, or otherwise endearing. The entrant with the best name (as decided by a panel of moderators) will earn brownie points, or perhaps even a little more.

II. Tournament Setup

Each member of the team will participate in one "round," so there are four rounds total. The rounds are:

1) A standard OU round with standard rules. The OU tier we use is that found on Smogon, and the rules we use are derived from Bulbagarden's standard battle rules. The battle will be 6 on 6, level 100, sleep clause, evasion clause, OHKO clause, species clause.
2) A Shoddy round, battling between ubers. For Shoddy, all the clauses in effect in the standard OU round will continue to exist. In addition, the freeze clause will be enforced.
3) A UU round. Beyond the change in tier, all rules are the same as in the standard OU round.
4) A monotype round; players can use a monotype team of their choosing. No ubers. All Pokémon must be either Type1 or Type2 of the theme type selected according to Bulbapedia. You do not need to state your team type in advance, but violations of this rule will result in a disqualification. All battle rules enforced in the standard OU round also apply to this round.

IIa. Registration Deadlines and Other Rules
Teams can post or private message their roster to me by the registration deadline. After the registration deadline, there will be a competitor and point assignment deadline. At this point, you must send to me (evkl) via PRIVATE MESSAGE who will be competing in each round. In addition, teams must wager points on each round, and send in these wagers via PRIVATE MESSAGE. You may wager 1 point on one round, 2 points on another round, 3 points on a third round, and 4 points on the remaining round. You must wager points before beginning the battle. You may only wager each value once. YOu may wager any point value on any round. After the first round concludes, the points will be tallied. If there is not an outright winner, a runoff round will be conducted with a similar scoring system.

The deadline for submitting teams is Friday, June 18. The deadline for submitting competitors and point assignments is June 21, with matchups posted as soon as all competitors are submitted. Battling will take place on June 26 and 27--you must be available on both days. Competitors must agree to a time they can battle on one of those two days, and if there is a problem they must contact me (evkl.)

III. Prizes - What can I win?
We're going to be offering both in-game prizes (ie., rare, unusual, or very good IV Pokémon) and physical prizes. What our physical prizes are has not been determined yet, but we will buy them via Amazon and ship them out, as we do with all Bulbagarden contests. When we decide on the prizes in specific, we will announce them.

IV. Example Entry
An example entry would look like this:
Post you might make said:
Hi! I'm entering a team of four people.
The experienced user is Ash. The inexperienced user is Brock, the frequent poster is Gary, and the random user is Professor Oak. Ash will be doing the OU battle, Gary will do the uber battle, Oak will do the UU, and Brock will do the monotype battle. We'll wager 4 on Oak, 3 on Brock, 2 on Gary, and 1 on Ash. Thanks!

Please link the four users on your team--for instance, I linked Archaic for Ash, as an example. To make a link, type [url = LINK] TEXT HERE [/url]. (Minus the space before and after the equals sign. And put the link in where it says link.) It makes life much easier for me, because I can keep track of everyone, even if people change their names or something.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Good luck.

evkl

(Cross-posted in the Tournament Colosseum.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom