• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader! Cheren!"

She's not shown in the other episodes though.

finally, oh finally. But it appears to be too late :(
Wanted him to be a rival for Ash, but the writers thought otherwise :( :cereal:

I just hope him and Trip don't meet. That could be pretty awkward...

I hated that they waited this long to give Cheren an appearance (since they gave Trip his original role) but at least he's actually appearing. I would love it if maybe Hugh was the trainer that battled him, since I doubt Ash, Iris, or Cilan will battle him. Maybe they'll mention how Lenora decided to take a break from being a Gym Leader and that would explain why Cheren is taking over. If Hugh doesn't show up to battle him then maybe Bianca will, but that's just my guess.

I hope that the BW109 girl battles him. That would be quite cool, although Ash battling him would be better.

EDIT: OMG, what if Ash stays behind in Unova to compete in the league again, and has to battle Cheren for the Basic Badge, as he's the new leader.

I don't think you're allowed to enter the same league again if you've already competed once in the anime. Besides, Ash already have the Basic Badge.

I don't think you're allowed to enter the same league again if you've already competed once in the anime.
So, if you lose every regional league, you're supposed to go home and regret about it forever? I don't think so o.o

I don't think you're allowed to enter the same league again if you've already competed once in the anime.
So, if you lose every regional league, you're supposed to go home and regret about it forever? I don't think so o.o

well a new league does open up every 5 or 6 years suddenly bringing in 100+ new pokemon into existence even though they were there all along ....

Cheren as a character can stand well on his own. He doesn't need some blond childhood friend that he only interacted with like three times and never battled before in the games to support him. I'm interested in seeing his views from the games be put and what they may bring.

At least I doubt you could do it with the same badges, otherwise people like Gary would probably have stayed in Kanto to train until he won the Indigo League. And I highly doubt they will start to introduce Gym Leaders that weren't in the games to Ash. (The Orange League is an exception as the whole saga was anime exclusive)

At least I doubt you could do it with the same badges, otherwise people like Gary would probably have stayed in Kanto to train until he won the Indigo League. And I highly doubt they will start to introduce Gym Leaders that weren't in the games to Ash. (The Orange League is an exception as the whole saga was anime exclusive)
Well, that does make sense. Maybe the badge design changes, or some kind of sensor, whatever.

(IIRC Kotetsu appeared with badges which designs weren't known to us, meaning that they introduced some off-game GYM leaders indirectly)

I hope Bianca appears along with Cheren soon. Since they know each other in the games, I'd like to see it happen in the anime. And adding to that, I'd like to see her design change as well.

Screenplay: 面出明美 Akemi Omode
Storyboard: 尼野浩正 Hiromasa Amano
Assistant director: 牧野吉高 Yoshitaka Makino
Animation director: 篠原隆 Takashi Shinohara

And here's something I just thought of and am curious about...

You think he'll play a role & help out against TP & TR or is he just showing up for the heck of it like Marlon and (to a lesser extent) Draydon :confused:

According to all the info abt this ep till now,, it seems this is just a setup for the TP to show up with their plans in grand manner or will it be vice versa(namesake gym leader ep)

And here's something I just thought of and am curious about...

You think he'll play a role & help out against TP & TR or is he just showing up for the heck of it like Marlon and (to a lesser extent) Draydon :confused:

No...at the very least, PLEASE don't let Cheren go to waste like they did with Marlon ;_;

Cheren in the anime? After N joins the group. Oh boy, do Hilda or Hilbert appear? What if Rosa/Nate do? Or when will we see Ghetsis? Seven Sages? Will Bianca be there? Will they meet Cheren at Aspertia Gym or something? Wow this is getting cool.:ksmile::ksmile::ksmile::ksmile::goof::bounce::bounce: I AM SO HAPPY!:ksmile::ksmile::ksmile::ksmile:
Too many kawaii smiles and questions, right? I just can't help it. Just like I couldn't help it when I saw the trailer for Episode N. :sweatlol:

attachment.php

Attachments

• www.dotup.org3848395.jpg
    www.dotup.org3848395.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 712
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom