• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW102: Team Eievui Moves Out! Pokémon Rescue Team!!

Okay, Virgil using Glaceon and Umbreons abilities in unison to make an ice key was pretty damn cool.

Haven't seen that before.

Last edited:
Okay, Virgil using Glaceon and Espeons abilities in unison to make an ice key was pretty damn cool.

I just wonder how that ice key didn't break...you know, it's ice, and it looked really thin as well.

Nice episode overall, loved to see these overrated foxes/whatever they are. And I don't mind seeing more Thunders, as it is my favorite eeveelution and one of my favorite Pokémon overall.

I'm not going to post a big episode review for this week's episode like I had in the past. Aside from the fact that the Eeveelutions were seen together at once in this episode, it hardly stood out in any way. I liked seeing Virgil use his Eeveelutions simultaneously to overcome natural and physical objects; his rescue team reminded me of what Pokemon rangers had done in AG and DP.

The best part of this episode, imo, was that this episode was not entirely focused on Virgil, like episodes in the past had attempted to "glorify" some of Ash's other league-debuting rivals. Virgil's brother, Davey, contributed a lot in this episode as well; he was the one who had actually solved the Cryogonal crisis by using his Darmanitan to free the young Cryogonal stuck in the power plant's metal pipes.

I would have wanted to see more episodes of Virgil commanding all of the Eevees at a team, instead of just skipping right to the league competition in which Virgil will most likely use the Eevees only in single battles. I felt bad for Leafeon, who had to be left out of both rescue missions because it wasn't going to be of much help against the Ice-type Cryogonal. We did see Zoey use a Leafeon during her battle against Nando in the Sinnoh Grand Festival, but I felt that this relatively new Eeveelution deserved a bit more screentime (unlike pokemon like the three first-gen Eeveelutions, who had plenty of episodes in the past).

This episode was average.

but stil questions remain on how Virgil wil manage to use his pokes in the league also the fact that Ash knows what pokes he will try to bring in the league but on other hand virgil doesnt know more of Ash's pokes.

That won't make too much of a difference. Ash had already known the types of pokemon that his past opponents had used in other regional competitions, and he still lost because he had very little knowledge on what attacks and strategies those pokemon used.

To be completely honest, Ash and Virgil only know a few attacks of certain pokemon. Ash only knows that Eevee can use Dig, Helping Hand, and Protect; Vaporeon can use Bubblebeam; Jolteon can use Thunderbolt; Flareon can use Flamethrower; Umbreon can use Flash, Psychic, and Shadow Ball; Glaceon can use Icy Wind and Ice Beam; and Espeon can use Psychic. He doesn't know what Leafeon can do considering that Virgil had not brought it along with him on either of his rescue operations in this episode. Each of Virgil's pokemon have at least one more move that they had not used, so Ash is not completely aware of the Eevees' potential.

I say that Ash and Virgil are on even footing here. Virgil has pokemon of eight different types, and some of them (at least Eevee, Umbreon, and Vaporeon) are shown to use many moves of types different from their own. Virgil has attacking coverage on at least fifteen different types; Ash only owns one pokemon (Scraggy) that is not completely weak to any of the Eeveelution's moves (assuming Leafeon knows grass-type moves, which will cover Palpitoad's sole weakness to Grass).

Furthermore, Virgil has excellent command over his pokemon, having raised them from when he was just a young child. From their experience in the rescue operations, Virgil s able to get the Eevees to respond quickly to his commands, and these pokemon are used to working together. His Eevee especially is able to support the other pokemon with Helping Hand and Protect. Meanwhile, very few of Ash's Unova pokemon have cooperated alongside one another on this level; at least two of them (Pignite and Oshawott) still have a feud. Ash and Virgil might be on equal footing for a single battle, but if the writers decide to incorporate double, triple, or rotational battles in this league, Virgil will definitely have an advantage over Ash.

Last edited:
Nice to see more of the Eeveelution's. Hopefully Leafeon will be used more in the league

but stil questions remain on how Virgil wil manage to use his pokes in the league also the fact that Ash knows what pokes he will try to bring in the league but on other hand virgil doesnt know more of Ash's pokes.

That won't make too much of a difference. Ash had already known the types of pokemon that his past opponents had used in other regional competitions, and he still lost because he had very little knowledge on what attacks and strategies those pokemon used.

To be completely honest, Ash and Virgil only know a few attacks of certain pokemon. Ash only knows that Eevee can use Dig, Helping Hand, and Protect; Vaporeon can use Bubblebeam; Jolteon can use Thunderbolt; Flareon can use Flamethrower; Umbreon can use Flash, Psychic, and Shadow Ball; Glaceon can use Icy Wind and Ice Beam; and Espeon can use Psychic. He doesn't know what Leafeon can do considering that Virgil had not brought it along with him on either of his rescue operations in this episode. Each of Virgil's pokemon have at least one more move that they had not used, so Ash is not completely aware of the Eevees' potential.

I say that Ash and Virgil are on even footing here. Virgil has pokemon of eight different types, and some of them (at least Eevee, Umbreon, and Vaporeon) are shown to use many moves of types different from their own. Virgil has attacking coverage on at least fifteen different types; Ash only owns one pokemon (Scraggy) that is not completely weak to any of the Eeveelution's moves (assuming Leafeon knows grass-type moves, which will cover Palpitoad's sole weakness to Grass).

Furthermore, Virgil has excellent command over his pokemon, having raised them from when he was just a young child. From their experience in the rescue operations, Virgil s able to get the Eevees to respond quickly to his commands, and these pokemon are used to working together. His Eevee especially is able to support the other pokemon with Helping Hand and Protect. Meanwhile, very few of Ash's Unova pokemon have cooperated alongside one another on this level; at least two of them (Pignite and Oshawott) still have a feud. Ash and Virgil might be on equal footing for a single battle, but if the writers decide to incorporate double, triple, or rotational battles in this league, Virgil will definitely have an advantage over Ash.

I am contradicting 2 of your points.
1. Ash doesnt knew entirely about Harrison,Tyson,Paul and Tobias pokes(exceptions: Ritchie,Gary,Morrison).
Harrison-Blaziken(Gen III used in Gen II)
Tyson-Metagross,Meowth(Ash doesnt know much about both)
Paul-Ninjask,Froslass(both out of the box)
Tobias-Latios.
I honestly accept your point even if he knows abt rivals pokemon attacks nd strategies its hard to manage a win.
2. Other than Hoenn we havent seen double battles in the league. So its a matter of question on how Virgil wil adopt to single battles.. Double battles in Unova may be highly doubtful but u cant put anything out of frame as this series ""Best Wishes"" seems very unpredictable.

To be fair we saw paul capture ninjask onscreen so that was explainable. Although I thought torterra over drapion would have worked better. They could have still given gliscor the moment of glory and we can see how badly ash fails at using torterra so it was a win win.

Also I just saw this ep in its entirety and I loved it, Virgil seems like a more mature and less impulsive trainer than any of Ash's rivals. The heighet difference will also play a huge role as well. And so I thought eevee was the mascot but then it turned out eevee was just the little kid of the team who is trying to prove itself lol.

Okay, Virgil using Glaceon and Espeons abilities in unison to make an ice key was pretty damn cool.

Reminded me of Cyndaquil, Totodile and Bayleef working together to break chains or w/e with flamethrower + water gun + vine whip.

Also, the fact that Eevee used Helping Hand made me think if the 6x6 would feature double/triple/rotation battle.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom