• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon reaching the peak of Revelation Mountain, Max and his team see the Ralts standing in front of a translucent blue pyramid.
"What is that?" Max asked. Having heard him, the Ralts turned around.
"That is the barrier protecting the spring of Luminous Water. For a long time, it has been here to keep it safe from evil. It has been said that only a human that turned into a Pokemon can remove this barrier," the Ralts explained.
"Now, if you want to be able to use the water to cure the petrified Pokemon of Serene Village, you're going to have to go through me first!"

---

"I-Impossible..." the Ralts muttered, barely conscious after the battle. Before Max could say anything, he hears bushes rustling behind him. Turning around, he sees Mike and his cronies walk up to them.
"What do you guys want now?" Max asked.
"Dark Matter told me he wants to see your strength and whether or not you'd be a possible threat to its plans," the male Braixen answered. "Defeat me, Dig and Dewott."
Before Max could answer, his team stood in front of him. "We'll take care of these guys. Do what you can to remove that barrier!" Typhlosion told Max, but Mike became angry.
"We're here to battle that Froakie! Do not interfere!"
The next moment, he and his cronies create a purple-colored mass, throwing it at the team, engulfing them, save for Max. When it dissipated, all 6 have been petrified.
Max was standing, in utter shock at what happened.
"Typhlosion...Sceptile...Lucario...Luxray...Greninja...Hydreigon..." he muttered, before becoming livid, as his Harmony Scarf began to glow.
"You'll pay for hurting my friends!"

---

Upon waking up, the 6 looked around.
"Where...are we?" Hydreigon asked the others, before spotting a Lunala and a Togepi surrounded by a group of Mega-evolved Pokemon. Quickly rushing over to their side, they turned to the two.
"Need help? Just say the word!" Typhlosion told them, as he and the others prepared to fight.

Last edited:
(I want to get into this, but this stuff is complicated :/
Ah well, i'm gonna try.)
Sableye was doing his routine search on Revelation Mountain for emeras, which were not only edible for him but strengthening. He had found a green one and was about to eat when he heard some commotion from over a small cliff. He climbed it and saw a Froakie with a glowing scarf facing three others, and then noticed the petrified pokemon surrounding them. Not wanting to get caught in this, he stayed hidden, but his curiosity was piqued and he stayed to watch.

The Delphox, my teammates, Victini and arrive on the Sand Continent. Looking around, we see lots of beautiful sandy architecture. We decide as a group to stock up at the bazaar before setting out on the next leg of our trek.
"It's just called the Kecleon Shop," interjects Dhelmise.
"Bazaar sounds cooler and more desert-y," I retort.
"Aye, Captain." Dhelmise's compass eye rolls.

The six of us trudge through a valley, strong winds whipping our faces. We all do our share of fighting hostile Pokémon, besides the shiny Victini of course. "How much longer 'til we find that friend of yours, Delphox?" Golisopod asks while X-Scissoring a Gothitelle.
"Xatu lives at the Sand Dune of Spirits," replies the fox, plodding through the dungeon while using his stick as a cane. "It's not much farther from here, I assure you." He adjusts his glasses and watches as I hit a Magneton with Flamethrower.
"Ouch..." Magneton buzzes, looking worn out to begin with. "You're nearly as bad as that Vibrava who came through here earlier..."
"Wait, did you say a Vibrava?" I ask.
"Yes," the Magneton replies. "Before she departed, she expressed desire to relocate to where some of 'Pod's' favorite species congregate. I have no further intel or analysis to offer on the matter..."
"Huh...Actually, maybe you do. Do members of your evolution line inhabit any other dungeons around here?"
"Magnemite and Magnezone do reside in a dungeon in relatively close proximity to this location. Other inhabitants of the area include Klefki, Porygon-Z, Honedge..."
"Thanks," I say, digging into my bag. "Have an Apple." Before I can hang around to observe how a Magneton consumes an Apple, Braixen gestures my group to follow her out of the dungeon.
Outside the dungeon, Delphox announces that his friend's home is at the end of the next dungeon, and I explain to everyone about the lead I have on Vibrava. "If you intend to explore the Hall of Magic," Delphox states bluntly, "then you must allow me to continue on my path to Xatu, with Golisopod's accompaniment."
"J-just me? Why?" inquires the nervous bug.
"Ah, you see," Delphox explains, "I need you, a Water-type, to join me and help fend off the hostile Fire- and Rock-types that we'll encounter in the Sand Dune of Spirits. Mega and the others will be mostly advantageous against the foes in the Hall of Magic on their own."
"Um, y'know, I'm sorta weak to Rock mysel-"
"We're splitting up?" I ask.
"Just until we find each other's friends, young man. We can meet back here!"
"I'm just a liiittle worried that-"
"Come this way, Golisopod!" Delphox begins walking off.
"...Gotcha. See you soon, MegaPod."
Braixen, Dhelmise and I say our goodbyes to the two, then take Victini with us to the Hall of Magic.
On his way to the Sand Dune of Spirits, Delphox clutches his head all of a sudden, nearly fainting.
"What's wrong, sir??" Golisopod helps the fox stand back up.
"Oh, i-it's nothing," Delphox insists. "Just a headache. It must be the heat."
"Yeah, I tell ya, I'm not a fan of this dry climate, either."
When the two arrive at the dungeon's entrance, Delphox rests against a hill of sand. "I'm sorry, but could you please proceed into the dungeon yourself and retrieve Xatu? I just need some time alone."
"Oh, yeah, uh, sure thing." Under his breath, Golisopod mutters "...why me?"

Last edited:
As the calamities were happening, Ryota and Pidgeot had been spending time exploring the Water Continent after exiting the Lush Forest and parting with Megapod's group, seemingly oblivious to the events around them. On one of their pit stops, Pidgeot initiates a conversation...

"Hey... I've been dying to know something."
"Yeah...? What is it?" The Pikachu looks up while chewing on an apple.
"A while back, we had a conversation about your origin story."
"Indeed... That was shortly after we arrived here in this world."
"Yes. But back on our world, you told that Max guy something completely different through a letter. You told him that you were an amnesiac, and that I was found with you when people took you in - already a Pidgeot..."
"I... I said that?"
"I remember it clearly. You wrote it just before you entered an Ultra Wormhole."
"Hmm... This does pose a problem. Did travelling to this world do something to me that I may not be able to reverse?"
"Or did your constant use of Ultra Wormholes do something to you? You wrote about Fallers in that same letter."
"Then... Why is your mind intact, you birdbrain?"
"Honestly, I have no idea myself. Doesn't stop me from enjoying my travels with you!"
"I see. You're right! Let's explore more and try to reconvene with someone!"

As the two laugh it off and set off for the Grass Continent, Pidgeot looks up and thinks to himself, with a bit of a worried expression on his face. "Don't fall on me now, doc..."

As all of the events otherwise were occurring, Solo and Burse once again returned to Lively Town, having come back from wandering around the Electric Wasteland. They had split off from that weird Chikorita and its friends some time ago, Solo still swore that guy was high on something. They had, along the way participated in a great many wacky shenanigans. Solo had tried to ditch Burse many times, but the Charmander just kept finding him again, and he couldn't just tell him to leave 'cause he'd just burst out crying again.
"I suppose he's not that bad." He thought to himself. "He's been useful, and I guess I could get used to him and not get annoyed..." His thoughts were promptly interrupted as he heard Burse shout.
"DADDY!" The young Pokemon cried as he rushed into town.
"Wait, you have parents? And they let you do this stuff!?" Solo called out before really registering what was happening. Now that he was taking everything in, he saw Burse standing in front of a statue of a Slowbro.
"Daddy? Daddy are you ok? ... Daddy?" Burse asked the statue as he began to sob.
"Wait, this is your dad?" Solo asked, confused about both the fact that it was a statue and the fact that it was a Slowbro. He then decided he'd ignore that last part as he recalled that Pokemon can breed in truly bizarre ways. "Soooo, is he normally..." He started, gesturing to the statue.
"No, someone did this to him..." Burse fit between sobs.
"Uhhh, hey, uhh, he's just turned to stone right? Maybe... maybe there's some way to fix him... And all the others too..." He added as he looked around, and noticed that this was far from a once off occurrence.
"You can fix him? How? How do we fix him?" Burse asked, a look of desperation plain on his face.
"I- I don't know! I've never seen this happen before!"
"So you can't fix him..." Burse muttered as he dropped to the ground.
"Well, no... Not right now... But, there's gotta be something right? We could go look for it?"
"Mph, ok." Burse muttered yet again. "So, what are we looking for?" He asked, at least looking better now that they were trying.
"I dunno, like I said: I've never seen this before. Maybe we could go ask someone? If we can find anyone..."

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them, a certain Lucario was nearing the peak of the mountain where said cure existed. Said Lucario had been following a dark aura (or auras, it was really being weird) ever since he got spat out of that portal without Solo, and he was finally getting close to what felt like the source of the aura. He suddenly felt a spike in the intensity of the aura, and sped up, hoping to reach the summit quickly.

Mere minutes after the battle between Max and Mike's group began, the three had fainted.
Slowly getting up, they ran off, a smirk on their faces. Just as he sighs in relief after the difficult battle, he felt an unknown force enter his body, spreading slowly to different parts of it.
"NoW...eMbRaCe tHE dArKnEsS tHaT eXIstS wItHiN yOuR hEaRt aND sErVE mE fOr ReAl."
"Ngh...What...is...happening...to...me..." he muttered, before he realized what it was.
"No..."
Just then, a Lucario arrived on the summit of the mountain, quickly approaching the Greninja.
"Are you all right?" he asked, before looking at the Greninja for a moment. "Wait...something about his aura is changing..."
Noticing Lucario, Max turned to him. "Get away from me, hurry!"
"Wh-what?"
"Please...while you can, run if you don't want to be petrified, like them. Just...run...!"
As Max pointed at the 6 petrified Pokemon, Lucario nodded and ran away.
Resisting the pain, Max took off his Looplet and put it on Typhlosion's wrist.
"You can...do this...I know it...I'm...sorry...guys..." Max muttered, a few tears rolling down his face, before the pain intensified, forcing him to scream in agony.
The next moment, Max fell unconscious.

Last edited:
"Yes, I am Victini," announced Chikorita.
"Wait, did someone just turn over 2 pages at once?" put in Meganium.
"How do you mean you're Victini?" Samurott enquired.
"Same way Meganium is truly the essence of Mew...?"
"Oh yes, I remember all of that."
"... I kind of stored that bit of history away in my head, but yes, now that you mention it, I remember."
"I am that Victini that they're all vying for. Well. I was. My recollection of the events is hazy at best."
"You came from the future then. Ugh, that's sooo irritating."
"Why?"
"... Because it makes things needlessly complex."
"I made sure I was reborn as a random, basic, non-shiny Pokemon."
"When."
"I don't know. In fact there could be endless parallels. And for all I know, this world is one of them."
"Wat."
"Well, wormholes, they aren't exactly a straightforward kind of thing."

The Sableye sees this happen, and became worried. He didn't like conflict, but he certainly wasn't going to leave the Froakie that was... now a Greninga, for some reason. He scrambled over to the unconscious pokemon, trying to figure out something to do. He looked at the blue barrier. Behind that held water that could cure all wounds, but only a human transformed into a pokemon could get to it. He looked back at the Greninga. He certainly was here for a reason, and those three tried to stop him. Then there was that scarf... Deciding it was worth a shot, he pulled the Greninga to the barrier and pressed his hand against it.

Upon Max's hand touching the barrier, it disappeared. However, just then, he regained consciousness.
"What are you doing? Let go of me!"
Startled, the Sableye let go and walked backwards a bit.
"Now," Max said. "If you don't want to end up as a stone statue, I suggest you get out of my sight!"

"Whoa, whoa whoa." The Sableye stepped back up to the Greninga. "I try to help you when I've only just seen you and then you threaten me. Try to be a little more polite." The Sableye then popped something in his mouth and started chewing, looking the Greninga in the eye.

"I see...Don't say I didn't warn you."
Before the Sableye could react, Max threw a purple-colored mass onto the Sableye. When it faded, it was petrified as well.

"What!? The other Pokemon... It's... Gone!? But... There's no-one else around, and, it could have only been, the Greninja..." The Lucario struggled against his own inner monologue, earlier the Greninja had felt like it could be a powerful ally, but now, all the evidence was pointing to it being the enemy. He eventually decided he had no other choice but to stop the Greninja from whatever it was he was planning to do. He rushed back up to the summit, aura blazing in his hands.
"I'm sorry," he said to the Greninja, a bone rush in one hand and an Aura Sphere in the other, "But I'm going to have to knock you out."

After defeating the Mega-evolved Pokemon, Max's team, the Lunala and the Togepi see a bright column of light appear before them.
"This could be our way out of here..." Typhlosion told the others. "Ready to go?"
When everyone nodded, they went through, none of them noticing the Sableye that followed them.

---

As the petrified team turned to normal, they slowly woke up. But to their surprise, another Lucario has confronted Max.
"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to knock you out."
"I don't think so!" Typhlosion and Hydreigon shouted, moving in front of Max.

Last edited:
"So what? You lot are in on this too?" The Lucario asked of the inexplicably un-petrified group, before his better sensibilities kicked in and he tried to feel the situation out. "No... You're different... You're all innocent in this. So let me ask you, are you aware that your friend here has pretty much turned evil?" He questioned. "He petrified that Sableye over there you know?" Gesturing to the Sableye that used to be petrified.

"Wh-what?!"
The team stared at Max, confused, as Max's Lucario closed his eyes. The next moment, they shot open.
"He's right! Everyone, get away from him!" he shouted, clearly surprised at what he sensed.
As the others backed away, Max began to laugh.
"I didn't think I'd be exposed like this. No matter, Dark Matter is going to ensure the world is returned to the void!"
As he ran off, everyone stared in that direction, until Typhlosion punched the ground in anger.
"DAMMIT! What happened to him!?"
Before Lucario could say anything, Typhlosion stood in front of him.
"What. Happened. Explain."

Last edited:
"All right, all right, calm down." The Lucario said to Typhlosion, holding his paws upwards in a non-threatening manner, the Bone Rush and Aura Sphere now de-summoned. "He's probably too quick to catch up to in your clearly exhausted condition anyway." He said, noting the somewhat tired looks the group was showing. They looked like they'd just been through hell.
"Well, I got separated from a friend of mine a few days ago," He began, opting to ignore the point where his friend was a trainer, so as not to confuse the others in this place where humans were in notably short supply, and the part about that Shiny Victini that he swore didn't really exist, "and I just instantly got this weird feeling, like, there was something wrong about this place, there was just a dark aura all around. I tried getting closer to it, but it was weird, like it was coming from more than one place. Eventually I managed to find a concentration on top of this mountain, but who or whatever it was left before I could get close. I made it, but then your friend started acting weird and told me to run, and then, his aura, it changed. He went from a heroic soul, to that weird aura I'd been feeling, and he petrified that Sableye. I was going to knock him out and question him later, but then you all suddenly got better, and well, here we are." He finished his story with a shrug.

After the explanation, the team all looked away, not wanting to believe what they heard.
"I can tell you care a lot about him," Lucario said. "Are you willing to fight him, if it means bringing him back to how he used to be?"
Initially, nobody answered, but then Typhlosion spoke up.
"It may not be easy, but it looks like we'll have to. We've been through a lot together, even before we ended up here, and I know it's what he would want."

"All right then, it's getting late, we'll rest here for the night. Seriously, get some rest, you all look exhausted. Don't worry, I'll take first watch." Lucario said, driving a stick into the ground to indicate the rough direction Max had gone. "Oh, but first, would one of you happen to know why the magical light pyramid is now gone from the pond?"

"No idea..." Typhlosion answered, as the rest of the team shook their heads. "It was definitely there before we were petrified, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom