• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, that Lunala trainer?" I blurt in response. "How did I forget?"
"Yes, I remember that fellow!" Dhelmise exclaims. "But I don't recall where his journey took him..."
Golisopod, still clutching Victini, turns to Yamato to speak. "Uh, this might be a bit of a stretch," Golisopod says, "but do you think could you seek out whoever they're talking about with that aura business?"
"Let's begin our travel to the Sand Continent," Xatu interjects, "You can figure it out along the way. After all, you're not the only ones anxious to return home," Xatu adds, indicating the other Sand Continent natives who helped defeat Dark Matter's minions and have now joined our party.

Meanwhile, Delphox, Trevenant, and the Poliwrath River Pokémon all begin to board the Lapras Travel Liner for their homes on the Water Continent. However, Delphox notices Mike's gang swimming home on their own, Dewott doing most of the work. Delphox whispers something to Trevenant, and Trevenant conjures up a raft out of driftwood and seaweed from nearby. Delphox slips away from the group, and hops onto the raft, propelling himself forward with Psychic. He tails Mike and company from a far enough distance to not be easily spotted by the delinquents.

"Hmm, maybe." Yamato replied, "It's hard if I don't really know who I'm looking for, but they said something about a Lunaala? If I concentrate I might just be able to-" He abruptly cut himself off as he noticed the small figure in Golisopod's claws. "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh" he said as his mind tried to process the thing staring him in the face.
"Hey!" Solo called up to him. "We can talk about how I was right later. Are you gonna do this thing or what?"
"Hmm? Oh, uhh, right." He says as he closes his eyes, tapping once again into the power of the Tree of Life to extend his view far beyond his normal limits. A few moments pass in silence, before Yamato reacts - rather explosively - to something he sensed. "SWEET MOTHER OF MEW!" He shouted at the top of his lungs as he snapped back to reality.
"Ahh! What, what happened?" Burse asked after jumping at the sudden outburst.
"I found that Lunaala, and I don't know who this guys is, but he's surrounded by some serious power. Lunaala, Palkia, and... It felt like a Mewtwo... But... different."

"Well, whatever the hell's happenin' over there, if he's really over there from what you just found out with your aura crap, I just wish that superhuman freak would at least pull his own Hulk-ass strength and get outta this dimension as well. There's these bunch of scientific thugs known as the 'Black Mareeps' or something that have recently began stalking ol' me and my gang for whatever reason... I hired the guy as a merc just so he could get those stalking shitheads of my gang's back." The plumber then looked towards the route they were headed towards. "Sand Continent, huh? I heard there was a Hoopa that periodically assists people who find its bottle over there. Might as well search for that, then."

"That is indeed the object you must seek, travellers," Xatu says in response to the plumber.
"Black Mareep?" I mutter to myself. "I could swear that sounds familiar...wait! Some of those scientists who tried to vacuum up that glitchy behemoth had 'Black Mareep Corporation' written on their outfits! What's their deal?"
"Got something to say, Mumbles?" grunts the plumber, referring to me.
"Not really...let's just get onto this Lapras."

The shadow Mewtwo clashes ferociously against the Palkia, each one firing attack after powerful attack. As Ryota and company looks on, Palkia finally seems to break down, falling to its knees while the shadow Mewtwo charges a vicious tackling move to finish the fight. However, as Mewtwo charges, Palkia catches and tosses the feline clone behind its shoulder, sending it through a spacial ripple. Palkia gets up and slowly approaches its other opponents. "You lose," Palkia huffs, exhausted but prideful.

Suddenly, Yamato shouts. "Whoa!"
Everyone turns their attention to the Lucario. "What's wrong?" asks Solo.
"The Pikachu, the Lunala, and that Mewtwo thing...their auras are all gone. It's as though they vanished!"
"What?"
"Huh..." I take a minute to process, then interject. "There was a Palkia involved, right? Maybe they convinced Palkia to send them back home?"
"Possibly..." Yamato trails off, still clutching his head from the shock of sudden aura disconnection.
Xatu, gazing off into the horizon, speaks once more. "We'll be arriving at Sahra Town shortly," he calmly announces. "There, we can immediately begin our search for the Djinn's Bottle so that Hoopa may guide you all to your home dimension."
"So..." Braixen says to me, "we'll really be back home any time now, huh?"
"Yeah...I guess things will be back to the way they were before." I look around at my whole team. "It was nice getting to, uh, talk with all of you," I continue.
"It's been a delightful bonding experience," Dhelmise nods to me.
"Yeah, it's been pretty cool," Golisopod adds. I exchange hugs with all of my teammates, then turn to face the fast-approaching landmass.

-

Meanwhile, Mike and his cronies huddle together inside a ramshackle clubhouse within the Foreboding Forest. "We need a plan, guys." Mike growls to his buddies. "You guys failed to get Rachel and her pack of friends out of the picture, so now we've gotta keep out of sight to stay safe."
"For how long?" Dewott spits. "They're not gonna just forget about what we did."
"We need to move somewhere they won't catch us," Diggersby mutters. Thick smoke, crackling noises, and the smell of something burning suddenly distract the three adolescents from their conversation. Mike throws open the clubhouse door, and to the gang's horror, their clubhouse has been surrounded with a layer of tinder and set alight in a bonfire.
"What the f-how did all this get here so fast?!" Mike shouts. Seeing the billowing flames blocking the doorway, Dewott and Diggersby try spitting water and mud to put out the conflagration. However, they're both knocked over with a Solar Beam, fired by none other than the Trevenant from before. "H-hey! What are you doing?" Mike sputters. "G-get lost, you rotten stump!" Mike launches a Flamethrower in Trevenant's direction, but the attack is stopped in midair by a telekinetic force. A second tall figure walks into Mike's view: Rachel's father, the Delphox.
"Hello, boys," Delphox sneers coldly. He parts the flames leading to the doorway with Psychic, then marches up to Mike and lets the fire close again behind himself.
"W-what do you want, old man?!" Mike yells, visibly terrified, and tries attacking Delphox with Psychic. Delphox takes the hit, then collapses the teen Braixen with a Flamethrower that stings more than usual. Mike notices a green glow emanating from his own body, and realizes he's been vulnerablized to the flames by a stealthy Forest's Curse. Delphox kicks Mike in the head, then suspends him forcefully by the neck using Psychic. "You sick child," Delphox growls through his teeth, his expression turning into one of rage. "How dare you mistreat my daughter the way you did! She's gone now!!!"
"B-but...Rachel's fine..." Mike barely manages to choke out.
"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!" shouts Delphox, slamming Mike into the wall. "...Now you will suffer." Dewott and Diggersby attempt to hop out of a window and escape the scene, but are quickly tossed back in by some animated tree roots, more of Trevenant's doing. Dewott and Diggersby are pinned down, and watch in horror as Delphox lifts up his stick, sharpened at the bottom, and plunges it into Mike's torso. The Braixen howls in pain, and Delphox pulls out his stick. A malicious fire in his eyes, Delphox proceeds to cruelly impale Mike over and over again. Delphox finally stops after creating over a dozen puncture wounds in his victim, then walks over to the other two as Mike bleeds out.
"No no no no no no no no..." come Dewott and Diggersby's scared pleas.

Minutes later, Delphox emerges from the combusting shack. "It's done," he tells Trevenant. The two walk away from the burning clubhouse, and another friend of Delphox, a Mismagius, lets them through a magical barrier concealing the scene from any onlookers on the outside. Delphox and Trevenant split up and disappear into the shadows, while Mismagius stays to contain the fire.

Once everyone made it to the desert-like region, everyone went searching and/or browsing around the area, with the Kecleon Shop and Deposit Box in particular getting crowded for various reasons, mainly to gain various items as keepsakes of this world, "Alright, how many souvenirs did y'all gather, guys?" asked the plumber towards his group of cronies. Everyone was carrying multiple bulging, stuffed bags that were chock full of various goods, and looked towards each other, exchanging increasingly red-faced and self-conscious reactions as they're fondness towards this world is effectively unsubtle. The plumber sighed as he thought to himself. They clearly love this world more than ours. He then ignores his Pokemon as he goes to meet with MegaPod's group once more. "Yo, uh, you and your Braixen clearly have a grudge towards my paternal cousin due to that horrible incident, right? Well, the truth is.... actually kinda surprising. Mercurius, come here." The Sigilyph that hasn't been acknowledged for long quickly teleported to the area in a flash. "Yes master?" asked Mercurius. "Show them what really was going on." The Sigilyph complies; his Unown-like appendage rapidly flashes before projecting the past vision like a movie projector, finally revealing to MegaPod and his beloved Pokemon comrades who was the true culprit regarding the Braixen incident. "Well?"

"Wait...what?" I can hardly believe my eyes as a perfect vision of the "dentist" unmasking himself after siccing his Pokémon on Braixen plays itself out. "Is this a trick or something??"
"It's not."
I stare off silently awhile as I process this new information. After a pause, I speak again. "I...had no idea. I mean, that still doesn't change all those other times you guys nearly killed me and my team..."
Dhelmise interjects, "Say, was that before or after you went on that rampage in a spirited attempt to extinguish them?"
"Oh, uh...well...what do you think about this, Braixen?"
"Me?" she replies. "I'm just now finding out that some whole big war to the death thing started between you and that plumber dude's clan because I was killed by a guy dressed up as his cousin! Could you try and deal with this, Mega?"
"Eh, you're right," I chuckle awkwardly. Turning to the plumber and his group, I open my snout to talk once more. "Um...yeah, sorry for all that..." I hang my head in a sorry manner and chuckle once more. "I guess I revived the right Sigilyph after all, huh?"
"Hey, check it!" Suddenly, my Croagunk butts in, flashing in front of us nearly a dozen Looplets of various types jangling around on his arms. "I'm blinged out!"
"And we're wiped out," Vibrava drones flatly as she indicates the lack of money in our group's bag. "We're almost able to go home, right?"
Golisopod looks down at the shiny Victini still snug in his secondary claws, smiling up at him contentedly. "Home is good," Golisopod blurts.
Not long after, Glalie's voice calls out to us. "Look at this!" The floating, icy head appears with an ornate bottle clenched between his teeth. He spits out the donut-shaped vessel into the sand between us all. "Is this it?"

"You know, it probably would be kinda cool to bring something home with us." Solo mused as he watched everyone else going around buying and withdrawing various items from under a tree.
"But we don't have any money, remember?" Burse said.
"Well, I have... About 500." Yamato said as he produced what little he had.
"Well, I dunno, maybe we can find something?" Solo guessed as he headed towards the shops.

*A quick shopping trip later*

"Well, I guess it's something." Solo said as he tossed the small round orb they'd purchased.
"Wow, they look excited." Burse said as he pointed over to MegaPod Co. The trio wandered over to the group to see Braixen holding a bottle of some kind. "Oooh! What's that? Can I hold it?" Burse said as he grabbed it, not even waiting for an answer. "What's in it?" He asked, taking the stopper off of the bottle. He then rather promptly screamed as the Djinn Pokemon appeared from the bottle.

Burse's screams were justified, as dark clouds and steam were fuming the bottle as the mysterious genie materializes out of its prison with its eyes glowing red. The crowd was shivering in fear as the Unbound Hoopa makes its fiendish presence known...... until he quickly adopts a casual, yet befuddled tone as it's surprised at being summoning in a town rather than the usual dungeon as an ally. "What the..... usually dungeon-goers make me a guest member at expeditions; being called out here in a town is quite an unexpected event. Why did you call me out here in public?" "Actually, we just want to get the hell outta here," answered the plumber, "We're literally not from this world and at least the majority of us are homesick, lost, and the like. Can you make us portals to leave this wretched land?" "Huh........ Usually humans who visit this world want to stay here indefinitely, so this is a bizarre request. Alright, then, if you truly wish to exit this fine land...." The djinn then closed its eyes as it raised all 6 of its Rayman-esque hands upward as a pinkish psychic aura suddenly emanates from his body, thus causing a gigantic golden ring to materialize from behind. The ring then forms a gigantic, swirling portal with dimensional gusts of purplish colors. "This portal may seem like a one way trip, but in actuality, it can take its passengers to wherever within your native dimension you wish to go. That way, I won't need to waste lots of energy just to take individual people to where they want to go. The way this dimensional portal was made should also turn former humans back into humans as a cost as well. Once you step in, you'll surely be there in your native world. Do you truly wish to leave this world?"

Last edited:
Pokémon Mystery Done-for
*Thank you, Hoopa," I say to the Pokémon with a nod. I turn to my team and ask "You all ready?" I'm met with unhesitant cries of agreement from all except Golisopod, who's busy staring off. "Golisopod?"
"Oh, uh, yeah," he stammers, snapping back to reality. "I'm as ready to go home as you guys, but I was just thinking how nice this place probably is now that that Dark Matter thing's gone."
"Yeah, you're right about that," I say in agreement, "until it returns, of cour-"
"'Returns?' I'M OUTTA HERE!" Golisopod, still holding Victini no less, bounds into the ring portal in front of us before we can say anything.
"Wha- where did he go?!" I exclaim, flustered.
"Perhaps he sought for the familiar waters of Alola?" Dhelmise suggests.
"Good thinking," I reply. "Alola it is!" With that, Dhelmise, Braixen, Glalie, Vibrava, Croagunk and I all leap into the portal together.

The portal whisks me and my Pokémon to a sandy Alolan beach. I get up on my knees, patting down my outfit and bag with my regained human hands. "It worked!" I remark. "I gotta be honest, I was half expecting to come out of that portal naked...anyways, I think it's safe to assume that your Pokéballs are all MIA, so how about some new ones?"
"Braix!" Braixen yelps cheerily. I toss a Pokéball each onto Dhelmise, Braixen, Glalie, Vibrava and Croagunk, then send Dhelmise back out.
"Let's look for Golisopod and that shiny Victini!" I proclaim. Dhelmise blurbles and creaks in agreement. I shake my head and say with a chuckle, "Yeah, I miss those voices already," before proceeding to start my search of the whole beach.

Meanwhile, Golisopod trudges through snow atop Mt. Coronet in the Sinnoh region, tightly hugging Victini for warmth. Why did this place pop into my head? Golisopod ponders, and moments later realizes that it's where he performed a feat of heroicism for his trainer, cementing his own position as a dependable ally. And then I go and do something like this... Golisopod mutters in Golisopodese.

"Well, I guess this is it. You sure you wanna come back with us? Last chance to say no." Solo asked Burse as they stood in front of the ring with the swirling void within.
"Yeah! I wanna keep going on adventures with you! And see tons of new places! And help you find that Victini you're after!" Burse said with his eyes lit up like Christmas trees.
"Oh, yeah, about that one. There's really no way of telling where they went, but I get the feeling that no matter where we go, we're gonna run into them again. So, is there any kind of place you really want to see? Mountains, jungles, stuff like that?"
"Ooh! Can we go see some cool ruins!? I've always wanted to see some really cool ones!"
"Hmmmmmm, yeah, I think we can do that." He said as he extended his paws to the others. "I don't really know how it works, but I figure it can't hurt to hold onto each other, right?"
"Yeah! Let's go!" Burse shouted as he leaped into the ring, pulling both Solo and Yamato in with a surprising amount of strength.

*Insert epilepsy inducing light show of portal travel here*

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-" *tumble tumble tumble skid* "Ugh, no more portal travel for me. Ever." Solo said after spitting the snow from his mouth, in a scene that was somewhat familiar to him. He then took a quick look around as he got up, and saw that yes, there was indeed a Lucario and Charmander with him this time. "Hey there kid," he said as he reached down and patted the little Charmander on the head. "Well, you said you wanted to see some ruins, so here we are." He said as he gestured to the Snowpoint Temple standing before them.
"Chaaaaaar." Burse said as he beheld the spectacle before him.
"And why exactly did you have to pick these particular ruins?" Yamato asked (telepathically) as he stood there trying to keep warm in the snow.
"Hey, I had to come up with something fast, this was the first one I could come up with." He retorted, not terribly cold himself since his attire featured cargo pants and a jacket. "Hey, wait, you-"
"Oh please, you've seen me doing this before." Yamato replied, rolling his eyes. "It's not like it's a secret anymore."
"Wait, so... All this time you could've done this? Oh, let me guess, the reason you didn't is some kind of crappy thing like 'I didn't want to' or something?"
"No, honestly I just though you were kind of a dick. But now that I've seen how nice you can be to that little kid, well, you're a good brother." He said jokingly.
"Aw gee, thanks buddy." Solo replied jokingly. "Wait, where is he?" He asked, noticing that the Charmander was not where he was earlier. "Craaaaap." He said as he rushed into the temple.
"Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be a regular occurrence?" Yamato asked with the mental equivalent of a sigh.

Last edited:
After exiting the world of Mystery Dungeons, the plumber and his group all land back at the decrepit Citadark Isle. He told his worried members that he shall take a long break from the Victini hunt as he and his relatives go and take one long nap.

---

An unconscious, androgynous short magenta haired kid wakes up to find themselves out at the chilly Snowpoint Temple, where the woman who guards the temple is apparently at a lunch break for some reason. They are addled at the sight of a young Charmander chirping around as he scuttles everywhere, marveling at every statue and every Braille writing at the walls. "I can't believe they threw me into this temple to let me rot, and not even the guard noticed...." muttered the androgynous person as they stood up and dusted their grey coat. They left the area as a horrified strange man and his Lucario dashed to the entrance, not noticing how the Charmander is cowering in fright as swarms of Golbat rushed at their prey. Using a Volcarona, they flew out of Snowpoint City in order to go back to Phenac City, Orre. The trip was soon interrupted by the lovely sight of the glow of a Shiny Victini from nearby the snowy areas of the holy Mt. Coronet. Ecstatic, the teen then interrupted the flight to go to the snowy area of Mt Coronet just to catch it with a Quick Ball, but they unintentionally end up capturing the Golisopod who's protecting the Victini instead, leaving the poor Mythical with no bodyguard. They were initially disappointed by this, until they used their IV judging skills to notice that the Golisopod has perfect IVs, thus the teen kept the Golisopod and named it Clyde before grabbing the Victini just so they wouldn't lose it. The teen then flew away using their Volcarona to go back to their hometown, Phenac City.

As this new character will remain gender ambiguous, I'd like to put these guidelines in order to show how to refer to them in third person pronouns,
Nominative: they (Meaning "he/she", e.g. They are okay. I think they are going home.)
Accusative: them (Meaning "him/her" e.g. I tried to give them something. They called them.)
Pronominal possessive: their (Meaning "his/her" e.g. I gave their thing back.)
Predicative possessive: theirs (Meaning "his/hers" e.g. I think it's theirs.)
Reflexive: themself (Meaning "himself/herself" e.g. They proved to themself how good they are.)
In the UK and apparently the US, the title Mx (meaning "Mr", "Miss" or other honorific titles, e.g. Mx Iyozane or Mx. Iyozane) is gaining high acceptance as a honorific title, and is included in the Oxford Dictionary.
Also, I'll give out their name in the next post.

TWO WEEKS AGO

Ditto-nator sloshes around the hacker's head as the boy lays in his hospital bed, trying to watch the news about the recent calamity at the ranch. "Look at you," the evil Ditto says, "so vulnerable, so pathetic and weak. I could kill you right now."
"Get back in your ball, you annoying pink booger," the hacker says, returning the Ditto to his capsule.
Immediately popping back out, the Ditto adds "I was not finished. I see use for you. You can hack computers, correct?"
"Yeah."
"You wanted the shiny Victini, correct?"
"So what, didn't you see? The Victini just disappeared through that portal anyways."
"But I know of a corporation that, among other things, detects spacial anomalies as they happen: the Black Mareep Corporation. All you would need is to access their data and wait for the next portal to show itself."
The hacker leans up, his interest piqued. "But how do you know-"
"Trust me. I know those shiny Victini hunters are very persistent. They will find a way back, and when they do, we'll be ready."
The hacker pulls his laptop onto his lap, opens it, and begins clacking away on the keys. He pauses and asks, "Wait. Why are you telling me this?"
"Because!" Ditto-nator shoves his sunglasses-wearing face right into the hacker's. "In my physically weakened state, I cannot assert my rightful position as the superior being. But if we work together, we can both have everything we want."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, go back. Are you suggesting some sort of world domination or whatever? I'm a web criminal, not some dictator."
Ditto-nator grimaces, then wraps his blobby body around the hacker threateningly. "You will assist me in my goals, and I will let you live. Does that sound fair, you little-"
"NURSE, MY POKÉMON IS TRYING TO KI-"
"Shh shh shh, fine!!!" Ditto-nator backs off, slinking back to his Pokéball. "But you will regret not partnering with me!"
Just then, a nurse walks into the room, holding a clipboard. "Hello, is everything going fine in here?"
The hacker shuts his laptop and responds to the woman. "Yeah. So, do you know how long it'll be before I can walk again?"
"Well, I have your results here, actually..."

PRESENT DAY

The magenta-haired trainer on their Volcarona was suddenly shot down by a Techno Blast from a Genesect equipped with a Douse Drive, and sent plummeting straight into the territory of a trio of angry Abomasnow. With Volcarona KO'd, the trainer decides to send out Golisopod, who is still fretting about both being caught by a different trainer and being named Clyde. Seeing the Abomasnow closing in, Golisopod doesn't question his new trainer when they command him to attack with a First Impression. The furious Frost Tree Pokémon retaliate with Wood Hammer attacks. Before the trainer can call out a new attack, however, Golisopod lets loose a Wide Slash, hitting all three Abomasnow at once, and knocking out the one that had already been damaged. The trainer gives Golisopod an impressed nod at this unseen attack before the battle resumes. As the other Abomasnow fall, however, Golisopod is suddenly blindsided by the Genesect from earlier using Thunderbolt. The Genesect snatches the shiny Victini before lifting off, then aims a Hyper Beam at the snowy mountain, causing an avalanche that buries Golisopod and his new trainer. The Genesect flies until reaching its trainer, the hacker, outside of a ramshackle temporary base. "Thank you, Genesect," says the hacker nasally as he returns the Pokémon and holds the shiny Victini in his lap. He then wheels inside using his motorized wheelchair. He is greeted by a Porygon-Z who phases out of one of the hacker's many computers inside. "Have you triggered the self-destruct sequence of Citadark Isle?" the hacker asks the Porygon-Z. The Virtual Pokémon morphs into a familar form, that of Ditto-nator, before responding.
"I have indeed. It will blow up within minutes."
"Good," the hacker sneers. "That rotten plumber will finally receive his comeuppance. I'll never walk again because of him!"
"He disabled me, too," Ditto-nator adds calmly. "I assume you have the schematics?"
"Yep..." The hacker pulls up a window on one of his monitors. "Blueprints for one 'Incredible Machine.' You really want to try and build this thing?"
"With some tweaks. While it is a bit primitive for my tastes, it is the basis for my grand plan, which you will help me with if you are smart."

Meanwhile, I sit on a pier and gaze out into the sea, having desperately scoured the waters of Alola. I give Dhelmise a worried glance. "We caught some new buddies today, but no Golisopod or Victini. I guess they're not here after all," I sigh. "Let's try somewhere else." I return Dhelmise to his Pokéball, then board the next ferry out of Alola. "Golisopod, where are you?"

Golisopod bursts out of the snow, having shielded his new trainer with his exoskeleton. You okay? Golisopod chitters at the magenta-haired teenager with concern.

Last edited:
A pink-haired girl in a red top and black miniskirt sits petting her gulpin under a bridge in a busy city. It is night, and she is feeding it candy.

"So...I guess I'll join this thread now? It seemed fun to lurk a little..." she mumbles to it. The gulpin responds in a confused manner.

"Hmm. You're a pure poison-type. I'll need another pokemon for victini hunting..." I mumble. "Maybe a water, rock, ghost, or dark type?"

"A shiny Victini?" A passing bespectacled man in a blue suit pauses, having overheard the girl. He unburies his face from the newspaper he's holding. "That kind of Pokémon is said to be nonexistent, but I guess you've heard the rumors, too. They say it doesn't even fight, that it just goes along for the ride. In fact, last anyone's supposedly seen of it was right before it allegedly disappeared into that portal that was all over the news two weeks ago!" He smooths his shiny, black hair and steps closer to the girl. In a hushed tone, he adds, "But, uh, between you and me, I have some insider information that the shiny Victini was spotted again just this afternoon. If you can believe it, carried by a Genesect of all things through the Sinnoh region. And, uh, I can pay big bucks to whoever, ahem, steals it for me." The man hands the girl his business card. "Give me a call." As the man casually walks away, the girl peeks at the business card. It revealed the figure as Kornelius Ozwald, CEO of a company called KO Industries. She watches as he disappears past a sad-looking weirdo plastering Lost Golisopod posters onto random walls.

@MegaPod12 another big company? Nice. Also, I am using the Victini for a flashback, feel free to tell me if you're not fine with it so I can fix it.

"Show yourself, Mario knockoff!", Larry shouted, stomping his feet in anger. "I've been hunting you down for WEEKS, then you disappear into another dimension 'cause of your obsession of that damn Victini, then you want to run away and "take a break" like a coward because you're tired? I just wasted my time tracking you in that Pokemon-run dimension which I could've been entered but our Hoopa Gate was broken... It's my fault why this Victini riot happened...", he muttered.

FLASHBACK: The day when MP found the Shiny Victini...

One day, when I was in duty to research Mythical Pokemon and their behavior, I went to look around the Unova region, the place where I was sent to learn more about those rare creatures. We had no luck in the first few hours, until it appeared. A Shiny Victini. Even a company as futuristic as Black Mareep will be puzzled on the existence of Shiny Pokemon, like how they were confused that my Goodra grew wings after evolving due to genetic differences. Unethical capturing was not our type, so I sent out my Goodra to fight it fair and square. Halfway into the battle is when the madness happened. The Victini became aggressive, and started to flee while attacking even our crew repeatedly. We managed to get back to the Black Mareep Unova Division building, and report back our findings, but due to the shiny Victory Pokemon having an advantage on speed, we didn't know that the building was attacked. The inventions we are working on, prototypes, and the only Hoopa Gate, which was extremely hard to make and made Frank decide that only one should be built, got damaged. WE WERE SHOCKED. Our CEO rushed into the scene, and our team expected getting paycuts or getting fired due to the incident. However, Frank was a nice leader to us, and let us go from the Shiny Victini chaos. He said, "People make mistakes. Even me, a CEO of this huge company, made fails too, and that is where I got motivated to do better and make Black Mareep to what it is now today. I mean, those stuff that were destroyed, they're only things. We can make them anytime, right? Material things can be replaced, not like our short lives here. You can calm down now.". I am still scratching my head despite calming down from the madness. Why did the Shiny Victini go aggressive? Is it some way that it thinks that I am not worthy to be its trainer? The incarnate of victory already fled the building, but there are still may questions to ask.

FLASHBACK END.

"Hey, are you finding the gang with that plumber guy? I heard that he might've caused the riot in the Baa De Mer ranch weeks ago, which was over the news. Maybe they are in the Citadark Isle?", a blue-haired girl with a light blue hoodie spoke to Larry, giving information. Her name is Kate, a lonewolf who usually loves spying on threats and battling Pokemon trainers.
"Seriously?!", the Black Mareep employee spoke on surprise.
"Yeah. I just spotted the stupid Mario ripoff and his cronies on a nap. I'm lucky I got away without provoking them.", Kate responded.
Larry thanked the girl for giving him info, and then went to report back to Frank. "You can take a break, but you can't run away from your sins!", he muttered, giggling.

Kate went to Sinnoh, not because she is hungry for Pokemon battles, but because she got info about the shiny Victini's whereabouts thanks to a transmitter secretly attached to Kornelius Ozwald, KO Industries CEO. "You know what? I HATE that guy. He's a CEO, but he cannot spot a cleverly hidden transmitter? Gotta thank him later from that info.", she muttered while she is soaring the Sinnoh skies, hunting for the Genesect with the Victini.

1. Kate has some hate with KO Industries, which I'll explain later when more info about the company is explained.
2. Like the Hyper Beam attacks, any player can claim responsibility for the Shiny Victini going berserk. If not, then I'll just say that the Victini can go berserk if the trainer is not very worthy of claiming it, unless you impress it like beating down other trainers to claim it, doing a happy dance, or any other thing so you can get it. That is the reason why the Shiny Victini stays passive for almost the whole story. It hates the conventional way of catching Pokemon (battle, weaken, catch).
3. Kate spied on the plumber and his gang BEFORE the Citadark Isle self-destruct.

Last edited:
"Urgh..... I guess this isn't my lucky day, first I get thrown into a cold temple by a bunch of thugs who don't know how to spell their own names, now I'm buried deep in glacial ice and snow. I just hope I wouldn't get hypothermia from this..." muttered the mysterious trainer, "Clyde, grab the Love Ball outta my pocket..." The Golisopod notices a Poke Ball with the scent of a Black Apricorn and touches it. Out pops a Chansey who panics at the sight of the wounded Pokemon and trainer and thus throws Softboiled eggs at them, healing them completely. "Whew, got that out of the way. Seriously, where the hell did that Genesect come from? Bah, I'll think about it later..." The magenta haired kid then returned Clyde back to his new Quick Ball and went back to Orre using their Volcarona, this time without the Victini in hand.

--- 30 minutes later ---
The magenta haired kid was watching Higurashi in their room whilst eating popcorn, until Clyde the Golisopod calls out with its deep, near reptilian-esque roar, apparently referring to the door. The kid goes to open their front door to meet with their blue haired sibling,. "......This is a little out of character for me to say this, but check the news, Eden." ".....huh?" uttered the confused magenta haired sibling whose name has been revealed to be Eden. "Well, okay!" murmured Eden stunned as they then turned on the TV via remote. Eden's eye widened in surprise as they witness the exploding remains of Citadark Isle; former base of Cipher, as the volcanic area blazes away into a ghastly inferno covered by a horrific coat of smoke. ".....Whoa.... I mean, Cipher was done a long time ago. Why would someone attempt to blast away what is essentially a hunk of metal and deactivated devices?" "...I dunno, maybe they wanted to build a new area over there?" "Ah, whatever. Right now, I'm just gonna go to Sinnoh for a walk. Please take care of the house and the Rattata problem while I go, okay?" Before the blue haired kid could say anything, however, Eden left, and as packs of Alolan Rattatas scatter all over the area, the blue haired sibling can only sigh in dismay. Eden went to the Pokemon Center to restock their party before they go. With a new team in hand (with the Golisopod still in hand), they used their Hydregion to fly off to Hearthome City, until they witness the Genesect once more. Both curious and upset, they fly near the Genesect, as their Hydreigon readies an attack in case...

---
The Sinnoh Underground suddenly became restless after the incident. The plumber, already ticked off from the Mystery Dungeon dimension, was now snarling madly after having to evacuate his base along with his affiliates. "They ain't gonna nuke jack on my gang unless I have a fucking death wish to do so.... One more and I swear to god....."

Last edited:
"What a weird guy...whatever, I'm fine with helping him." I mumble to myself. Gulpin starts jumping around, impatient to leave. Ah, right, I had promised him we'd go out to the beach later.

I walk to the beach, putting a bikini under my clothing in case I feel like swimming. But I probably won't. I'm too busy hunting for some sort of pokemon to fight victini with. Oh, sure, so that guy said it was passive....I can't know that for sure, and lord knows how useful gulpin is against psychic-types.

Gulpin starts inspecting the water. I look at him to see what he's up to...and he starts eating shells. Fucking shells. I gently kick him out of irritation, and he starts following me again. He keeps doing this. Over and over. One time it was with a dead goldeen. I start ignoring it and just continue down the beach as he keeps catching up over and over again. He's faster than he looks, really. I decide to name him Chula.

Chula starts lingering longer than usual, so I head back to see what he's up to. Sure enough, he's found some sort of live pokemon hiding in the sand. What is it...?

a star-shape creature bursts out, hovering in front of me and the poison-type. Oh, staryu. I like this pokemon, and it would definitely help me catch victini.

"Chula, use Acid Spray!" I shout at the gulpin, prompting him to leap up towards the staryu while spraying acid from his mouth. The starshape pokemon is hit directly, and falls into the water briefly before flying off again. It counters by launching a barrage of bubbles out of its gemstone. Bubblebeam.

Chula is hit directly, but sponges the hit wonderfully. After a brief moment of hesitation, perhaps thinking about the best course of action, the gulpin opens its mouth wide and spits out a levitating blob of shadowy substance towards the staryu. Unable to take this assault after the sharp sp. defense drop inflicted by acid spray, the staryu crashes on the beach and faints. I throw a fast ball at it, capturing it instantly.

"Good work, gulpin! You're stronger than you seem at times..." I praise the stomach pokemon. He responds by burping...what a gentleman.

"So why did you have your Genesect leave, again?" Ditto-nator coldly asks the hacker in his Russian accent.
"I like to let it roam," the hacker replies. "Beneath all that machinery, it's still a Pokémon with feelings, which is more than I can say for you," he answers snidely.
"That's beautiful," Ditto-nator responds dryly. "And the real reason?"
With a frown, the hacker replies, "So maybe Genesect was spotted with this Victini here, and I sent it off to mislead anyone trying to follow it back to us."
"And you can tell when it's been spotted?"
"I keep track of my Pokémon with hidden cameras. They also have fitness trackers and communicators with them at all times. Here, see?" Clicking a button, the hacker brings up a view of what his Genesect can see on one of the monitors. "Hey, there's that one trainer again. What's their name?" A few more button presses, and the hacker's software brings up the magenta-haired trainer's records in another window. "Eden, huh? I'll just tell them to beat it." The hacker holds down a button on a microphone. He pipes his shrill, whiny voice into the mic, and it comes out deep and warbling from a diminutive speaker on the Genesect. "GIVE UP," his voice blares. "THE VICTINI WILL REMAIN IN MY POSSESSION. GENESECT, BUG BUZZ!" The Genesect launches its attack at the Hydreigon, before blasting off elsewhere at top speed. Just when the handicapped hacker feels he can relax, however, armed officers suddenly bust down his door. Ditto-nator stealthily slithers into the hacker's sleeve and transforms into an undershirt before he can be spotted.
"Put your hands up!" shouts one of the officers, approaching with a weapon. The hacker raises one hand up, using the other to hit his wheelchair controls so he can turn to face the officers.
"What's this about?" the hacker asks nervously.
"Accessing sensitive company data without the proper authorization!" answers a high-ranking Black Mareep Corporation official, stepping into the room. "How did you even hack into our secure private servers?! You're a serious threat to our security, and who knows what else. Book him, men! And confiscate that shiny Victini." Some officers pat down the hacker, finding nothing suspicious on his person that he could smuggle into custody, then wheel him away as the others raid his base.

Kornelius Ozwald steps merrily into the KO Industries HQ building, when suddenly detectors go off. Some employees of his stop him and wave electronic wands over his outfit. "Mr. Ozwald, sir, it appears you've been planted with a bug," one of his uniformed guards elaborates.
Kornelius nearly gasps. "What, you mean a listening device?" The businessman finds it and plucks it off of his suit, then speaks right into it. "Are you trying to find out my big business secrets secretly? The nerve. Cut that out!" Kornelius crushes the device between his thumb and forefinger, sprinkles the components onto the linoleum, and stomps the bits under his polished brown shoe for good measure. With a lighthearted chuckle and charming, toothy grin, he looks at his employees and exclaims, "That'll be all, gentlemen!" The cerulean-clad mogul then marches past the various Pokémon exercise equipment and shelves of Pokémon health supplements in the lobby, and takes an employees-only elevator up many floors. Mr. Ozwald steps into a conference room where some company executives are seated. At the front of the room, Kornelius speaks. "Down to business, team," he announces, clasping his hands. "Now that we can speak privately, we can safely discuss the next phase of our operations..." He rips off his bright blue suit, revealing a red superhero ensemble underneath, with a yellow "KO" emblazoned on the front. "Time to make a commercial!!!"

At a beach, I am feeding sand to my new Palossand from my recent time in Alola, when a girl catching a Staryu also happens to catch my eye. "Hey," I call, walking towards her. "Wanna have a battle? It'll help take my mind off of things."

Dodging the Bug Buzz, Eden's curiosity encouraged them to follow the Genesect in spite of the transmitted warning. As they reach their destination, they witness a small, modest looking house get completely raided by a group of strange entities in black clothing with logos resembling Mareep plastered on their backs. Eden watches as thuggish members of this group forcibly pulls out a bizarre man in a robotic wheelchair as well as a cage containing the Shiny Victini, both of them attempting to resist with no avail as they were tasered and then thrown into vans that also beared the Black Mareep logo. The team then proceeded to ransack the entire house; from pictures, to computers, to mysterious speakers, to bizarrely shaped furniture, decorations, and other suspicious objects, they effectively emptied the entire building as they look for items that could be dangerous for any reason. Once every suspicious item was taken away and thrown within the vans as well, the shady group went into their vehicles and drove away.. .......Seriously, what's going on? Is this a new villainous team or something? I need to investigate a little further....., Eden wondered as they then followed the Black Mareep corps on their Hydreigon, without the team noticing them as they flew from behind.

I look over to see a dude walking towards me.

"Uh...sure, I guess." I say shyly. I perk up a bit after a nudge from Chula, though. "It has to be 2 vs. 2, though, as I only have two Pokemon at the moment." Chula nudges me again.

"Oh...right, I need to heal you and your new friend." I say, getting some lemonade and a revive out of my purse. "I have some stuff for you two right here..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom