• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Catching Arceus

LordGiratina

Reaction score
Well, i want to know how to catch arceus.
And is my team the best to catch it?
Lv. 78 Heatran(obtained in stark mountain, use dusk and timer balls)
Lv. 72 Giratina(obtained in turnback cave with 38 ultra balls >_<)
Lv. 68 Dialga(obtained at the stone pillar with the master ball)
Lv. 52 RegiSteel(obtained in a trade)
Lv. 56 Gliscor(Level'd up my lvl. 22 Gligar in the tall grass of the northeast island)
Lv. 30 Deoxys(Obtained in a trade XD)

Arceus is L:80. That Heatran has the greatest chance.

Rattata that knows Endeavor and is holding a Focus Sash will get it down to 1 HP; they quickly switch to something with Spore/Sleep Powder and get it sleeping. Chuck Dusk Balls like crazy (if it's night).

Without the Azure Flute, no. It's like Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Deoxys in FRLG, Latias in Ruby, Latios in Sapphire, whichever of those two isn't running around Hoenn as well as Deoxys, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Mew in Emerald, and Celebi in Crystal: They're all catchable in-game, but only if you have a specific event item.

...which I have heard are randomly found on Mystery Gift in DP. Don't take my word for it 100%, though, I've never gotten anything yet. If you want to, though, go on ahead and try.

Wrong. Mystery Gift is only activated at an event where the Azure Flute is being handed out.

Paper, are you saying the entire Mystery Gift option is activated at said event? Or just the Arceus Event?

Yeah, because I certainly have the Mystery Gift option, and I have connected to the WFC looking for gifts. Haven't gotten any yet.

Well, we certainly haven't had any luck in getting it to work, so an event activating it would make some amount of sense, I s'pose.

TTEchinda said:
...which I have heard are randomly found on Mystery Gift in DP. Don't take my word for it 100%, though, I've never gotten anything yet. If you want to, though, go on ahead and try.
The Wi-Fi Mystery Gift is not even remotely close to the Gold/Silver/Crystal function, where items would be "randomly found".

Granted, it is hard to determine what the Wi-Fi segment actually is, seeing as the service is as yet inactive. Suffice to say, we are most likely dealing with a combination of normal Mystery Gift (as we have known it since FireRed and LeafGreen) and Crystal's Mobile Adapter service (most famous for the GS Ball download).

One thing is clear: As long as the function remains unrecognized by the Pokémon Company, it serves no use whatsoever. Past experience has taught us that the inclusion of such data in the game is merely that; there is no guarantee that it will ever find use.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom