• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Christmas Contest 2014: Prize Winners, Reflections and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Apologies everyone for the extended delays in judging the Christmas Contest entries. The judges decisions are all in, and it's time to announce the winners. With the exception of the 12 Days of Christmas competition, the below lists of winners are all in alphabetical order. Now without any further ado...

12 Days of Christmas Trivia Competition
11 Points:
@PokePal15;
@RazorBayleef4;

10 Points:
@ewormPL;
@wesley;

9 Points:
@clock;
@Pochamo;

8 Points
@anilyaris;
@cddb3000;
@fiky_f;
@Jatayu09;
@Laspandrea;
@sebek5000;
@Soki;

7 Points:
@Bisharpual;
@Kirbs;
@ShinyMegaGengar;
@XYMaster;

6 Points (and very lucky, because this one was a random draw):
@tushar101;

A Long Winter's Path - Christmas Scavenger Hunt '14
@bisharpie;
@Mijzelffan;
@Neon Borealis;
@RazorBayleef4;

Create-A-Holiday Pokémon Contest
@BalladOfAnguish;
@Deltah;
@Sunfished;
@unic0rn23;

Creative Challenge - A decathlon of creative competitions
@Electric Blue Eye;
@Rattalyn;
@Shiny Braviary;
@unic0rn23;

Trainer PR Video Contest 2014
@Caksyl;
@Fudgenuggets;
@JustTheFx;
@Nergal;

All prize winners will receive a copy of either Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, or retail stock permitting another substitute Pokémon game for 3DS/2DS or DS. So if you've already got one of the new games and prefer to go and fill-in your back library, that's fine. If there's something else Pokémon related that you'd prefer to get (I know someone's already asked if we might be able to get an Amiibo for them, for instance), we may be able to accommodate you, but that'll be on a case by case basis.

Two contestants, specifically @RazorBayleef4; and @unic0rn23;, were fortunate to win in two separate competitions. Due to an oversight, we didn't specifically say that you'd only be limited to a prize from one competition this year (it was meant to be included in the FAQ), but in the spirit of the (already over) season we hope you'll consider giving those additional prizes away to some of your fellow competitors who weren't as fortunate.

What all of you winners need to do now is to send me a PM with the following information, so that I can send you your prizes ASAP.

1. Your Full Name
2. Your Full Postal Address (Please don't abbreviate anything, write it out in full. It prevents mistakes being made.)
2a. (Optional) A contact phone number. Almost every online retailer requires one. We can put a phone number for a member of our staff on the package, but that could cause problems for you if there's a problem with your package and they have to ring us.
3. Your choice of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (and which region of game you require, if it's not the normal region for your country). If you'd like something different, this is the time to speak up.

If you're outside North America, Western or Central Europe, Australia, New Zealand or Japan, then it'd help us if you could indicate an online retailer who would be able to send the prize to you. Typically we've gone with Amazon where possible (in some parts of South America they'll be fine, but there's often problems with customs there, especially for Brazil), EB Games in Australia, Mighty Ape in New Zealand, and Play-Asia for pretty much anywhere else. If those won't work for you, let us know.

I'll post some reflections on the contests hopefully later this week, including lessons learned for future contests, etc. One thing I will say quickly now though...You'll notice that's actually 34 winners above, rather than the 30 we announced originally. Long story short....after we'd already posted the contests and had them up for a couple of weeks, we noticed that we'd said there would be 4 winners for each of the contests besides the 12 days, when it was originally meant to be 3. Didn't want to change it at that point, when people had already started putting so much effort into the contests.

Congratulations to all the winners! :) And to everyone else who didn't win like myself... :p Hope you all try again this year! ;)

Congratz to all the winners~ Especially to those 2 gods that won twice~

Although I do have a question~
May we see the entries that won? I'm really quite interested in the PR Videos and especially the Creative Challengez~

Edit: Even if no 1 see's this Shud of realized it sooner. Well here's my Entry~
Now that were just missing 1~ Too bad that person's profile is dead :/ Would of loved to see it~

[video=youtube_share;f4aWwk2by8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4aWwk2by8c[/video]

Last edited:
Good job, winners!

Although I really hope I didn't lose because of last year, especially since I sacrificed my prize to get something for my younger sister...

[...]
Two contestants, specifically @RazorBayleef4; and @unic0rn23;, were fortunate to win in two separate competitions. Due to an oversight, we didn't specifically say that you'd only be limited to a prize from one competition this year (it was meant to be included in the FAQ), but in the spirit of the (already over) season we hope you'll consider giving those additional prizes away to some of your fellow competitors who weren't as fortunate.
[...]

This irks me quite a bit. I thought it was implicit that someone couldn't win more than once (because, you know, it is quite logical), but even if it weren't, couldn't you just make sure not to let that happen and select the fifth ranked in one of those two contest?!

On a side note, I didn't say anything on the lateness, because I know better than anyone how much can real life interfere, but you really should follow the tip someone gave you and next time posticipate the official winner announcement date, so as to, at most, announce them earlier than decided.
Really, in the end, I have this feeling of a huge disorganization...

EDIT: wanted to congratulate to winners of the "create a Holiday pkmn", especially Deltah, whose creation I liked a lot. (wanted to do it on that thread, but I had to edit this post anyway, so...)

Last edited:
Good job everyone! :D I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did (and bisharp nicknames winn!)

Oh my, I won! Congratulations to all the other winners! Thank you for having these contests, they were a lot of fun!

Ahh, thank you so much for hosting the competition. I hope there wasn't any stress - I was just anxiously checking back every day to see if the results had been posted. Now they have! :D

I'll link my entries to the creative competiton shortly. I've just pulled an all-nighter playing a silly MMORPG. Also, grats to everyone else!

ooh also if you guys want to see my entries feel free to check out the album on my profile here for the creative challenge
as well as this blog i created for one challenge of the decathlon
here!
password: CHRISTMAS

also i'll chuck my design a pokemon entry over on that forum in just a sec :)

I won? o.o
If anyone wants to see my lame entry for the PR video contest, here it is xD
[video=youtube_share;FZZ2LEDyrtY]http://youtu.be/FZZ2LEDyrtY[/video]
I used MikuMikuDance :D

Congratulations to all the other and winners, and big thank you to Archaic and anyone else who helped with the contests! :)

Well, this is a pleasant surprise! I'm quite happy to have won, and thank you to everyone involved in setting up this contest. Below is the video I submitted. (Sorry in advance for the substandard quality.)

[video=youtube;VcU92EKvZ8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcU92EKvZ8g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

When I first got to Lumiose City all that time ago (I can't believe it's been one and a quarter years already), I spent hours fiddling with the different PR video options...and then once I cleared the game and could buy all the fancy clothes, I went back and spent even more time toying with the settings and music. Hopefully all you viewers enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Wow. I finally won in the scavenger hunt! I am really excited for this.

Congrats to all winners.

And for those that didn't win: don't worry. You always have next year. Polish up those skills and try again.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners and if you aren't a winner this year, you might be next year!

Good job, winners!

Although I really hope I didn't lose because of last year, especially since I sacrificed my prize to get something for my younger sister...

No. There is no rule about being a past winner which makes you less eligible to win again.

Last edited:
ah, this is up now. Congrats to everyone who won.

It wasn't for a christmas contest I think, but there was some contest a few years back where I won two prizes...wanna say it was for BW2.

Edit: shit I broke my 6,666 post count again

Congrats to all the winners! I had a great deal of fun in this competition,i hope everyone feels the same way. Anyway,I can't wait to get my prize. How long does it usually take to deliver it? I don't even know if the address I provided is enough,I'm not very familiar with this kind of stuff.

Yay, congrats to the winners! There were some really cool ideas/artworks in the Create a Pokemon thread. Hope that they continue doing that contest. It's my favorite one to participate in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom