• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create your own gym layout

Mind would of course be a water gym. It would be a big circular gym(bigger than any of the gyms we've seen in the game so far) with concrete around the edges. You would have to use surf to get into the middle where there's a small patch of concrete, and that's where it gets interesting. You fight a trainer and then when you beat the trainer you travel underwater and have a battle with the gym leader. You would also see a variety of water Pokemon swimming around outside the glass that you and the gym leader are enclosed in. For logic reasons, it would probably make the most sense to put it by a port.

I think I have an idea for a Ghost gym.

The inside of the gym would be set in a maze, and be a bit dark but not pitch black due to some Litwick shaped candles dotting the walls. Banette plush dolls will be blocking an easy path to the leader in the center forcing challengers to take a long way around, but will be gone when the leader is beaten to allow a quick walk back afterwards. Trainers will also be found in the maze and will give some directions upon defeat. The leader's room also has a picture of the legendary ghost Giratina on the wall.

I'm the leader here and would have a team of Golett, Rotom (regular), Lampent, and Gengar to battle challengers. The Plasmo Badge and TM30 Shadow Ball would be given out to victorious challengers.

Hmm... maybe a Sticker Star inspired take on the maze archetype. A Flying type gym with powerful turbines that blow so hard that a trainer standing in front of an active one immediately gets blown back to the opposite wall. This can be used as a way to impede progress until a fan is turned off, allow progress by getting blown over a gap, and a way to avoid trainer battles by moving them away from the critical path.

I'd choose grass type, and your challenge is to climb a massive tree right in the center of the gym, facing trainers and obstacles such as wild Pokemon on the way. Once you reach the top, you can fight within the canopies, so you'll feel even more immersed within nature.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom