• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Darkness, At Last!

Pain Split

Waffles.
Reaction score
If you want to just skip the summary, and get on with the story, go to the next post, please!

Summary: A Weavile finds itself stranded on a land of peril, with a Vulpix that has a severe case of amnesia, and tries to save the Pokemon of the region Kylirin.

Prologue:

The village was covered in a veil of darkness. The Pokemon panicked, and deep within the cloud of darkness, a low rumble was heard, like a laugh from the world's depths. No one knew what to do, so they sat idly by and watched what would happen. From the sky, appeared a Gardevior, whose purple eyes showed punishment was to take place. Shadow Ball emerged from her palm. It grew to be the size of a Lugia in wingspan. She then slammed it against the ground. Darkness seeped from the earth. The Pokemon of the village fell to their knees, and underwent serious transformation...

Chapter 1: Vulpix, and the Land of Terror

Ugh, where am I? This place is so dreary... I look around, wondering how I got to this gray, empty land. It's hard to see, and I feel like I was just thrown in a ditch. I guess the only way is forward, but where is forward? I start walking in a random direction, but seven steps later and I realize that I'm in a place with a lot of mile long pits in the ground, because I almost fell into one. One wrong step in a land of gray can cost me my life, but how am I supposed to navigate myself in a place like this? I can't tell left from right, forward from backward, and up from down. After I've been in this darkness for a while, it seems kind of soothing. Eventually, going forward, and avoiding a lot of chasms, I realize that I'm going deeper into the darkness. I can live in a kind of place like this, but it will get tiring. Though it is getting darker, my vision is also clearing, and I see the vague shapes of the holes that this place has, and avoid them. But my sight proves to be worse than I expected, for I tripped on something.
"Ugh... watch where... you're going..." Was that the thing I tripped on? Could it be a Pokemon?
"Hello? Are you awake? Speak to me!" I poke it, and it jolts up in a burst of flame. The light of the flame cut through the darkness so suddenly, I was blinded for a minute. But then I looked at the Pokemon creating the inferno. She appears to be a Vulpix.
"Who are you?" she demanded in a rather mature tone. I wasn't sure what to say. I was too busy thinking, Holy crap, she's a Fire Type Pokemon!
I unknowingly blurted, "... Telmiryk Skylinger." Her flame lowered.
"What?" I got a grip of myself as I realized what I just said.
"Telmiryk Skylinger, my name is Telmiryk Skylinger!" I repeated. The Vulpix burst into laughter.
"Well then, Telmiryk," she stated, with a smile. "shouldn't you be scared of me? Weaviles are Ice Type, after all." I took a look at myself in her flame. I was a Weavile.
"Well, I guess I should be scared of you, uh... what's your name?" Then she sat down, thinking.
"Actually, I... don't know. I don't really know what my name is." Then she looked to the sky. "Or, for that matter, anything at all about myself besides the fact that I'm a Vulpix..." I knelt down to her, getting closer. "Now that I think about it," she continued. "I don't know much of anything at all besides all the stuff that just happened." She looked somber. Then, out of nowhere, she threw her arms around me with a smile on her face, knocking me on my back. "That's why I'm so glad I met you, Telmiryk!" There she stood on my chest, grinning. "I have no idea what my personality's like, either, so can you tell me, after we've known each other well enough?"
"Sure," I say. "but what should I call you?" A look of surprise crosses her face, and she gets off of me.
"Hmmm... How about..." she thinks while I get up. "Ferin Silvaii! Or Kemne Reatt! Or Vyyn Mayhaven! Which sounds better?"
"It's your name. You should choose which to be." She turns around, quiet. I walk to her direction. Then, suddenly, once I'm close enough, she turns around, stands on her hind legs and puts her front paws on me, grinning again.
"I like Vyyn Mayhaven best! What do you think?"
"That's a good name. From now on, I'll call you Vyyn Mayhaven, right?"
She frowned and got off of me. "You can just call me Vyyn, though. It saves a lot of effort if you just call people by their first name."

This concludes Chapter 1. What do you think?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom