• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deck-building help requested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togechu

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P
Reaction score
I wanna make a deck to help beat my friends' house rules. His rules are:
1.No Energy are needed to use attacks
2.Energy power up all attacks with that type's cost by +10(Basically, if I have an attack with a Psychic energy in the cost, my Psychic energy adds +10 to that attack)
3.Pokemon Lv.X can be evolved from their base form. Pokemon Lv.X that aren't Stage 1 or 2 like Rayquaza can be played as Basic Pokemon.(For example, Starly-Staraptor Lv.X)
4.If a card tells you to discard Energy, discard the equivalent amount of cards from your hand.
5.Evolutions may be played without the base form by discarding one Pokemon from your hnd or Bench.

Alright, so my deck right now is:

1x Master Ball (Base Set)
1x Houndoom E4 (Supreme Victors)
1x Shinx (Arceus Stormshaper)
1x Luxio (Arceus Stormshaper)
1x Doduo (Supreme Victors)
1x Expert Belt (Arceus Stormshaper)
1x Lucky Egg (Arceus)
1x Champion's Room (Supreme Victors)
1x Scizor E4 (Supreme Victors)
1x Sealeo (Diamond & Pearl, I think)
1x Spheal (Diamond & Pearl)
1x Fossil Excavator (Platinum)
1x Bronzor (Diamond & Pearl)
1x Staraptor FB Lv.X (Supreme Victors)
2x Haunter (Arceus Stormshaper)
4x Gastly (Arceus)
3x Gulpin (Arceus Stormshaper)
1x Wailord (Supreme Victors)
1x Spheal (Ruby & Sapphire)
1x Dialga (Promo, I got it with the jumbo version)
2x Turtwig (Diamond and Pearl)
1x Rayquaza C Lv.X(Supreme Victors)
1x Entei (Promo, from some pack at K-Mart)
1x Mantine (Platinum, I think)
1x Hitmonchan (Base Set Promo)
1x Swalot (Arceus Stormshaper)
1x Chatot G (Platinum, I think)
1x Manectric (Aceus Stormshaper)
1x Pachirisu (Supreme Victors
1x Lighting Arceus (Arceus Stormshaper)

Strategy:I guess my strategy is to first get Turtwig and Entei out on the field as quickly as possible, shutting down early foes with force. Later in the game, I try to get Lightning Arceus and Rayquaza Lv.X out, switching Pokemon at rapid-fire while simply out-muscling every other Pokemon on the field. When that fails, Wailord and Dialga usually finish the job.

Moved to archetypes forum.

Uhm... your friend's rules are hilarious, although common for someone who doesn't know how to play the right way. :] Basically, you have way way way way too many Pokémon. Find something you especially like and base the deck around that.

Do you have any ideas on a Pokémon that has a high-energy, high-damage attack with no recoil? For no-energy rules, that's the best. Try getting your hands on three or four Steelix Primes (they're not that hard to get), and base the deck around that.

No energies leaves a lot more room for trainers, supporters, and stadiums, which are the core of every deck. A Steelix Prime deck will totally destroy your friend, guaranteed. Try getting the Steelix. Seriously.

Moved to archetypes forum.

Uhm... your friend's rules are hilarious, although common for someone who doesn't know how to play the right way. :] Basically, you have way way way way too many Pokémon. Find something you especially like and base the deck around that.

Do you have any ideas on a Pokémon that has a high-energy, high-damage attack with no recoil? For no-energy rules, that's the best. Try getting your hands on three or four Steelix Primes (they're not that hard to get), and base the deck around that.

No energies leaves a lot more room for trainers, supporters, and stadiums, which are the core of every deck. A Steelix Prime deck will totally destroy your friend, guaranteed. Try getting the Steelix. Seriously.

kthnx, although I have horrible luck getting Trainer Cards.

kthnx, although I have horrible luck getting Trainer Cards.

No problem. It's easiest if you just buy them off eBay. Once you get certain Trainers and Supporters, you'll pretty much be set for awhile, since the same ones often go in different decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom