• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Discussion) Which Fics Are the Best on the Forums?

Iris White

Fanfiction Fan!
Reaction score
Okay, like i said in my intro...I'm new and I mostly joined because I love Pokemon fan fiction. I have an account on ff.net, but I saw a few good ones here.

My question for you veterans, is which fics on bulbapedia are best? I've looked through a few, and I like some, but I'm wondering if someone could point me to some good ones!

I like original fics too but prefer anime/game/manga based ones especially shippy.

Sorry to be lazy, I know I'll end up reading a lot of them, just wanted to see if yall knew a good place to start!
:-D

On BulbaPEDIA? This here is BulbaGARDEN.

Anyway! I really like "The Origin of Storms", which recently ended. All I'll tell you is that it's about a Wobbuffet. That's aaaaaaall I'm going to say.

"Travels of the Trifecta" is a really good one too, although that's on hold for a little bit until certain announced events can happen in canon.

And uh..."Obsession" is a nice one, but I wrote it so I have to say that. I also have no freakin' idea when I'm going to get back to it, but it's to be expected (it's also about a one-shot character from ten years ago).

What shippings do you like? Just shipping in general?

I like fan fiction,too. The thing is I have always liked fan fiction that is very close to the original (Travels of the Trifecta and lets say Pokemon XR:Legends of Sinnoh). IMO a fan fiction writer should stick to the roots-if it`s different, in incorrect in-universe or something it just seems crap and shallow to me...not that I don`t apppreciate this kind of wirters work. I think it just that when a good story ends (Harry Potter for example) I just want it to continue. But, of course, it`s difficult to write close-to-the-original ff based on HP for example. But there are in-unverses teeming with possibilities-like Star Wars for example and Pokemon,too.

Also, I prefer ff about new character,not old ones. No one besides the original author could describe truly the old characters. I know how hard it it to write a good ff (been there,done that-quite positive replies,too ), so I`ll just say: Keep up the good work, everybody!

On BulbaPEDIA? This here is BulbaGARDEN.

Anyway! I really like "The Origin of Storms", which recently ended. All I'll tell you is that it's about a Wobbuffet. That's aaaaaaall I'm going to say.

"Travels of the Trifecta" is a really good one too, although that's on hold for a little bit until certain announced events can happen in canon.

And uh..."Obsession" is a nice one, but I wrote it so I have to say that. I also have no freakin' idea when I'm going to get back to it, but it's to be expected (it's also about a one-shot character from ten years ago).

What shippings do you like? Just shipping in general?

I like most anime ships, esp pokeshipping with misty (see avetar)!

That trifecta one is good!

And Arceus, thanks for the suggestioin...that savior story is my favorite so far!

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom