• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you play Tabletop RPGs?

To me, I just love how you can just leave your real-life self and replace it with your character, helps with roleplaying a lot. Like yesterday, I'm completely fine with what happened with that goblin who was killed by one of the adventurers before he could give out an answer, but my elf character was irritated at his human ally because that same answer could have been crucial information.

I've been interested in playing D&D for a few years. I was almost a player a couple of times, but then it fell apart trying to organize things. I finally got a chance to play this year, and it's been super fun! My first ever experience playing ended up being as a DM, which was interesting.

I knew 5e fairly well due to being obsessed with it for several years, but something about being a DM made it all click much better. Things like spending hit dice & preparing spells seemed super confusing when I was building characters, but when it came to explaining the process to my players, it helped me find my footing.

We're playing through Lost Mine of Phandelver right now. Currently we have 10 players (plus me), and we'll be playing our third session next week. I'm also preparing a custom campaign for us to dive into once we finish Lost Mine, which has been a really fun creative exercise.

I have played D&D before and enjoyed it, but sadly it's not a regular thing for me as I don't know that many people in my daily life who play. I don't think I'm that good at it, anyway, so it's probably for the best :p

I've played a few, with a few different groups online. Like a couple Pokemon ones, a couple D&D/adjacent ones, an anagram-based one, a custom-system mecha one, and being a pseudo-PC in an Evangelion one.

We're playing through Lost Mine of Phandelver right now. Currently we have 10 players (plus me), and we'll be playing our third session next week. I'm also preparing a custom campaign for us to dive into once we finish Lost Mine, which has been a really fun creative exercise.
That was the opening of my current campaign, we moved onto Princes of the Apocalypse after that, and are presently in an open-world sort of campaign that's going to culminate with permanently solving the problem of that. Our party is fantastically kooky and dysfunctional. To wit, my character is a Dwarf Barbarian, yet he's arguably the most normal of the group.

Currently, I'm playing a small D&D campaign with some friends (I'm a Kenku rogue named Whistler). Also, I'm creating a homebrew campaign called Shadow Over Neonoir. It's a cyberpunk/Lovecraftian horror/fantasy campaign with lots of homebrew races.

Over the course of the last year or so, I've gotten really into D&D. I'm in three campaigns right now, one which started in-person then moved online, another which started online and then moved in-person, and another which is completely online. I play Phantom Rogue/Fighter, Forge Cleric, and Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer in each, respectively.

I enjoy the roleplaying aspect a lot, but I won't say I'm very good at it yet. I'm much better at the combat and mechanics there because I'm used to playing strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom