• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Ash becoming Champion of the Orange League matter?

SinnohEevee

Reaction score
So Ash did win a League, the Orange League, but does it matter?
It's only in the anime.
You only need 4 Gym Badges.
I don't recall them having an E4.
It's never brought up in the anime, except during the Battle Frontier.

Yes. it does matter. It proves that Ash IS capable of winning a league and becoming a champion. He just needs to win the big one and his life is complete.

It does matter because it was Ash's first huge accomplishment. It showed that he was a better trainer than he was at the beginning of the series and the battle against Drake was the first full battle shown in the anime too. I think fans tend to dismiss it because it is an anime only area and it wasn't a traditional League either compared to everything else, but I don't think that means that the victory is worthless.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom