• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

Khoi Dao and Adin Rudd return for this week's episode. None of the hunters are named but I think that Adin Rudd voiced the boss and Jake Paque is the hunter with the Trubbish. Potential chance that Sean Schemmel voices the hunter with the Garbodor since he does sound a big Goku-ish.

I just found out something when browsing Bulbapedia. The fiery-haired laboratory staff member from episode 1 of Master Journeys is actually the same person as the Jolteon trainer from episode 2 of Journeys. Which means Emily Jenness was likely voicing the Jolteon trainer too, not Zoe Martin as I saw listed on a few sites.

Though I understand how those sites came to that conclusion, don't get me wrong. It actually kind of surprises me how similar those two VAs sound...

For this week's episode we have Kublock returning played by Kyle Hebert, Sandy Fox who was Kricketina Kylie in the previous season plus Abe Goldfarb, Mike Liscio and both Jake Paque and Adin Rudd from last episode.

Ryan Niccolls has confirmed that he has left Pokemon so probably won't be doing any more voice work on the show

So his last few episodes were from Part One of Journeys. Gonna miss hearing him, he was entertaining as Detective Laki.

So his last few episodes were from Part One of Journeys. Gonna miss hearing him, he was entertaining as Detective Laki.
His work as Laki was one of the few redeeming factors of SM098 in my opinion

I'll be honest, I wasn't that keen on his Faba voice when he took over from Daniel J Edwards but he was a good actor

I wonder who'll take over from his Pokemon roles, we know Bill Rogers does Braviary

I wonder who'll take over from his Pokemon roles, we know Bill Rogers does Braviary
I suppose Machoke could go to Marc Thompson since he voiced it back in XY (actually not sure why he didn't reprise the role after that).

Apparently Ryan Nicolls has recently been protesting the dub cast's lack of union contract and protections (understandably) which might explain why he left.

Last edited:
I suppose Machoke could go to Marc Thompson since he voiced it back in XY (actually not sure why he didn't reprise the role after that).

Apparently Ryan Nicolls has recently been protesting the dub cast's lack of union contract and protections (understandably) which might explain why he left.
Interesting, probably best not to ask him why he left, I'm guessing personal reasons though at least it didn't stop his wife from working on the series

Marin Miller joins the series as Galar gym leader Opal in Episode 7.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see who voices Chloe's Rotom Phone, I did think it might have been Jason Griffith but then I remembered it has a female voice
It's most likely Erica Schroeder doing Chloe's phone as well.

Wikstrom finally has a dub voice and it's none other than the voice of Molayne and Akira Zaizen: Barrett Leddy.

I'm curious to see whether or not Eli James will return to the role of Volkner when JN077 gets dubbed

He has been absent from the series since XY
Most likely, no. Seems he's retired from voice acting entirely. He didn't come back as Yuma for Duel Links either and was replaced by Noah Benjamin.

Wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Wonder what will happen with Luxray, Natochenny voiced it in DP but Billy Bob Thompson took over the role of Luxray in XY
Well, Volkner's Luxray's voice actor did change in Japanese, going from Katsuyuki Konishi to Kensuke Sato (the latter being the same as Clemont's).

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean the voice actor will change in the dub as well, or that it was the reason Luxray's dub voice changed so drastically since XY, since the dub has been known to ignore many casting changes on the Japanese side when it comes to the Pokémon. My guess is that Luxray's dub voice from DP simply sounded too similar to Luxio's upon re-evaluation.

I will say though that I believe Sarah Natochenny never voiced Luxio or Luxray and that was misinfo that persisted until Clemont's in XY. I think it's more likely that Emily Bauer (Emily Jenness) was always Luxio, along with Shinx, of course, and Luxray pre-XY (here's a Q&A she did where she implies that she voiced all three at least once).

Back
Top Bottom