• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Early picks for your US/UM team?

My current plan, if I do get Ultra Moon, is to try a self-imposed challenge: go through the storyline with what I consider to be more or less the female protgonist's "canon" team:

-Decidueye
-Slowbro or Pelipper
-Umbreon
-Comfey
-Alolan Sandslash
-Lunala

Last edited:
Ultra Sun:
Primarina
Sceptile (Mega Sceptile)
Blastoise (Mega Blastoise)
Garchomp (Mega Garchomp)
Lucario (Mega Lucario)
Ninetales (Alolan Ninetales)

Ultra Moon:
Decidueye
Charizard (Mega Charizard X)
Clawitzer
Tyranitar (Mega Tyranitar)
Salamence (Mega Salamence)
Metagross (Mega Metagross)

I might choose Litten as my starter again since I loved it so much, but if I choose a different starter that means I can use Salazzle as my fire type...

I'll probably end up using pokemon that I like but didn't have room for on my team the first time, like Golisopod, Kommo-o, and Dhelmise.

I usually don't make plans this early, but ...suppose the games actually don't introduce any new forms/alolan variants, my team will probably consist of pokemon I didn't use in SM, such as:

Torracat (eviolite and perma B-button pressing)
Alolan Raichu
Minior
Araquanid
Alolan Sandslash
Oricorio Sensu

I'm for sure going Rowlet this time around (unless something happens to change my plans), and will also being using
New Lycanroc Form

As for the rest of my team, I'll just have to wait and see. If they have any cool new Alolan forms, I'll probably use one. I've used the majority of the Pokemon I wanted to use on my first two playthroughs though, so I'll see what the regional dex has to offer me, and decide from there. If I'm really swamped for an Electric type, I plan to trade my lv1 shiny Dedenne that I recently breed. Yeah she'll gain experience wya faster, but I've never use a shiny in a playthrough, or a Dedenne.

I'll most likely be using
Dusk Lycanroc, which I plan to name Roxas.
Everything else is still undecided though. Depends on potential new Alolan forms and regional Pokedex changes.

I'll most likely be using
Dusk Lycanroc, which I plan to name Roxas.
Everything else is still undecided though. Depends on potential new Alolan forms and regional Pokedex changes.
Well, given the recent developments, I'll only be using
carrotwolf if it is somehow not pure rock
, otherwise ...again waiting to see if we get new alolan forms or something

If I would've been getting USUM, then my team would be:

Raichu (if Kanto form is available, if not, then Raichu-Alola)
Incineroar (maybe SR Shiny)
Lycanroc-Dusk
Ninetales-Alola
Minior/Oricorio
[New Alolan Form]

I haven't given a lot of thought to my overall team (I am at a complete loss as to what to do Starter-wise), but I would love an opportunity to use Toxapex. I'm a huge fan of Ferrothorn so it's definitely in my wheelhouse, but the moment simply never afforded itself in any of my SM plays.

I wait and see what will the games show.
I hope for tailwind Deci or I will need to think of changing my strategy.
Kommo-o
Mimikyu
Turtonator

I think I might go for Decidueye, Ninetales (Alolan), Salazzle, Golisopod, Kommo-o and Oricorio for my USUM team.

They're all pokemon I've never used before, always fun playing a new game with a completly new team :)
I sincerely hope they salvage golisopod's movepool this time around tbh xD It learns 7 of its moves at levels before wimpod evolves and wimpod doesn't have a level-up movepool :')

The only one I've decided on is Lycanroc-Dusk; I want to give it a try, Tough Claws Accelerock is good.
I also don't plan using any of those I used a lot in Sun (Greninja, Decidueye, Wishiwashi, Alolan Dugtrio). Haven't decided if I'll pick Litten or Popplio yet.

I'm going to use a Bug-type. It's the last type I haven't used yet. Leaning towards Ribombee or Araquanid.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom